• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur Vs Leicester City (FA Cup)***

Let's win this - the FA Cup is the best chance we have of a trophy this season (well, the best chance we have that doesn't involve brutally murdering our league form by slugging it out in the endless EL knockout rounds), and we really do need to leave the old Lane with at least one final trophy to see out its last days. Full strength side.

If we get knocked again by Leicester in the FA Cup like last year there will be a big backlash and a negative air afterwards...hence i think Poch will play a strong side.

I expect the line-up to be:

Lloris

Trippier, Alderweireld, Wimmer, Davies

Dier, Alli

Lamela, Mason, Eriksen

Kane​

If we take a 2-0 lead by half-time or by the hour-mark then i expect Kane to be taken off for Son...well here's hoping anyway..

COYS

Let's win this - the FA Cup is the best chance we have of a trophy this season (well, the best chance we have that doesn't involve brutally murdering our league form by slugging it out in the endless EL knockout rounds), and we really do need to leave the old Lane with at least one final trophy to see out its last days. Full strength side.

To win the EL is 9 games.

Winning the FA cup is 6 games and up to 4 replays.

To win the EL is 9 games.

Winning the FA cup is 6 games and up to 4 replays.

Right, but only six plus 'up to four' replays is a better shot than a guaranteed nine games, quite a few of them with long trips across Europe thrown in. We might not need any replays.

This purely from the 'trophy' angle, mind: from a financial and coefficient perspective, the EL assumes a bit more by way of importance.

This game is the first of three in less than six days, a more congested fixture period than the one we've just come through. I really hope Pochettino rotates heavily for this one, you can bet that the same fans who want to flog the same 11 every game will be the first to moan when we look dead on our feet come March and finish the season with nothing to show for it. We have a large and very talented squad so there's no reason for us not to use it.

This game is the first of three in less than six days, a more congested fixture period than the one we've just come through. I really hope Pochettino rotates heavily for this one, you can bet that the same fans who want to flog the same 11 every game will be the first to moan when we look dead on our feet come March and finish the season with nothing to show for it. We have a large and very talented squad so there's no reason for us not to use it.

If we rotate and lose, I can assure you that there will be more flak for Poch than if we just look dead on our feet come March, because given our playing style, I think a lot of people already assume that such an occurrence is inevitable anyway. Remember last year, close to the CC final? We tried to rotate the squad, and it didn't work: that was exemplified by the loss at Fiorentina, funnily enough. Why try rotating too much now, when we have a difficult but eminently beatable opponent in a competition we can win?

Dier looked absolutely knackered in the final quarter at Goodison - I'd rest him for sure.

Kane and Ali also have to be given a break at some point, so I'd play Son up front and Bentaleb needs minutes in midfield.

Toby we've got cover for in Wimmer without weakening our team significantly.

Leaving me with this as a starting XI;

---------------Lloris--------------
Trippier Verts Wimmer Rose
---------Carrol----Bentaleb----
----Eriksen Lamela Chadli----
---------------Son-----------------

And the same fans who are screaming for mass changes will be screaming at Poch and the players if we get knocked out.

If we get knocked again by Leicester in the FA Cup like last year there will be a big backlash and a negative air afterwards...

Really? I'd like to see us win a cup as much as the next person but would one game undo all of the excellent progress that the team has made this season?

Really? I'd like to see us win a cup as much as the next person but would one game undo all of the excellent progress that the team has made this season?

In principle, no, but after the bitter taste of losing to Leicester last season AND getting knocked out by Arsenal when we also shuffled a bit, there would be many who'd have a problem with Poch for that. You know it...

In principle, no, but after the bitter taste of losing to Leicester last season AND getting knocked out by Arsenal when we also shuffled a bit, there would be many who'd have a problem with Poch for that. You know it...

They'd find something to be upset about soon enough regardless.

True...but i think Poch will err on the side of making extra sure in this case, hence why i think we'll see a strong line-up after last season..

I agree ( at least hope so) after all we played a weakened side last time and look what happened.

If we rotate and lose, I can assure you that there will be more flak for Poch than if we just look dead on our feet come March, because given our playing style, I think a lot of people already assume that such an occurrence is inevitable anyway. Remember last year, close to the CC final? We tried to rotate the squad, and it didn't work: that was exemplified by the loss at Fiorentina, funnily enough. Why try rotating too much now, when we have a difficult but eminently beatable opponent in a competition we can win?

Difference being that last season we were rotating in players like Chiriches, Stambouili, Paulinho, Soldado etc, there's not much point of having a squad if you're afraid to use it. We made 7 changes for Monaco and it was our most convincing performance of the EL group stage, maybe it just happened to work out that way or maybe it's because they were fresh and all eager to prove themselves. As for the why rotate now, I'm trying to look at the end game and not just the next game, that kind of mindset was the undoing of Redknapp imo.

Back