• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur vs. Leicester *** 22/08/2015 3pm

It certainly doesn't have anything to do with the conditions, the fact that Leicester have some decent players or that maybe they're well coached. This is all down to one man: [insert spacegoat here]

Seriously mate ... can you and the others here explain to me exactly who the fudge we ARE expected to beat in the PL?

because Stoke is good, Leicester has decent players, next week Everton has great players ...

Fact is we look poorly coached, no creativity, odd selections and subs ... but hey, it was hot outside ...

I agree with that. Where do we expect to take points? At home to Villa, Bournemouth.

Surely we aren't at the point where anything we can take at Leicester is a bonus?!

That fact that we crumbled into dust within 30 seconds of taking the lead and were clinging on 90 seconds later wasn't because it was sunny. Its a legitimate issue that invites discussion; not petulant one liners :rolleyes:

Seriously mate ... can you and the others here explain to me exactly who the fudge we ARE expected to beat in the PL?

because Stoke is good, Leicester has decent players, next week Everton has great players ...

Fact is we look poorly coached, no creativity, odd selections and subs ... but hey, it was hot outside ...

The excuse generation algorithm will be in overdrive tonight.

learning experiences like this are an inevitable part of our new direction, you field a team full of kids and shrinking violets and what do you think is gonna happen

verts has been awful today, say what you like about MP but I'm sure the instructions were not, "let them run rings around you, don't put tackles in, stand in the wrong place and don't pass to a team mate"
His philosophy however is about ball retention at all costs, we are totally risk-averse, everything in the middle, only player who can beat a man is Dembele, and he is on the right side running into traffic.

You can't say that today's performance was an outlier, aside of the two home derbies, when have we looked like we can kick on in games based on the opposition or match situation?

Don't be a bell-end, it's a simple question as I haven't seen the game.

Mate, if you have seen a performance from Lamela that justifies him being on the pitch, I'm glad for you.

He was brick, no fudging idea how he started .. thought Poch actually made a good sub, then he fudged it up by taking Dembele off as well ...

i really think verst is off the boil, no point having him as a liability in the team.
Yep. Those playing poorly need dropping. Lamela (dont see a future for him) and Vertonghen are both prime examples of payers who don't deserve to be starting.

We have Alderweireld now, so Vertonghen cant coast in the side simply by virtue of being the only experienced CB.

i think we can expect more of these types of games. so much money in the pl, everyone can afford some amazing players. leicester are evidence of this.

theres still 35 games left too, so no need to despair just yet.

His philosophy however is about ball retention at all costs, we are totally risk-averse, everything in the middle, only player who can beat a man is Dembele, and he is on the right side running into traffic.

You can't say that today's performance was an outlier, aside of the two home derbies, when have we looked like we can kick on in games based on the opposition or match situation?

Exactly .. AVB Mk11

frustrating again I guess, 2 points from a possible 9 isnt great.

disapointed with us not being on it and conceding straight after scoring.

Ok it's early days but feels like the players left that fighting spirit we had last year on their sun beds.

Oh great another last min transfer window flurry to look forward to where we'll either get Rasiak or a fanastic bunch which is still short of the one position, above any other, most indeed of being filled!

Oh to be a Yid.....

learning experiences like this are an inevitable part of our new direction, you field a team full of kids and shrinking violets and what do you think is gonna happen
Perhaps the new direction is pointing incorrectly?
Or do we need more time to assess?

Oh look, Alli who looked great in preseason comes and look great, yet our clam of a manager still barely plays him, but starts mason, probably the worst player I've seen in a spurs shirt that plays regularly. He's probably a nice guy, but I fudging detest him!

We are awful, Poch has turned us into a mid table team, feared he was a small time manager and he proves it constantly.

We need Two midfielders, none of them are

I don't think it is, I think it's a step on the long term plan, make us difficult to beat, have a couple of players capable of creating something from nothing, win lots of games 1-0

we've changed the CB pairing this season and continue to tweak the cm, it's still a beta product

Why should we EXPECT to beat anyone?

Our players are ****, our manager clueless and our chairman an evil penny pincher.

The league is probably the strongest it's been in years - no easy games, especially not away from home.

Back