• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

****OMT - TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs LAZIO**********

Good chance to rest some players, give those that haven't had many minutes some pitch time and a chance to give some kids a go. Am hoping to see Caulker and Townsend start.

ITV4 I believe. Duble header along with Young Boys v Liverpool

UEFA Europa League Live
ITV4
Matt Smith presents a double bill of Europa action beginning with Brendan Rodgers' Liverpool making the trip to Switzerland to play BSC Young Boys in Berne. Then Andre Villa-Boas' Tottenham face Italian side Lazio at White Hart Lane. Analysis from Gordon Strachan and Robbie Fowler. Commentary: Peter Drury and Jim Beglin in Berne, Clive Tyldesley and Andy Townsend at White Hart lane.

i think ABV and DL will want to do well and look at winning the Europa - been a long time since a trophy or real challenge for one.

we also need momentum having just got our first win of the new setup

Lloris
Walkers Dawson Verts Naughton
Sig Sandro Dembele
Lennon Bale
Defoe

Good chance to rest some players, give those that haven't had many minutes some pitch time and a chance to give some kids a go. Am hoping to see Caulker and Townsend start.

With players like Hernanes, Zarate and Klose I don't think this is the game to be complacent. Go at it against Lazio and then take it a little easier against the rest imo. Townsend maybe, but pulling Caulker on would be a bit much seeings as he hasn't played any competitive football with the rest of our defence.

They're in good form, but, having watched their game against Chievo for lack of anything better to do, their defence seemed somewhat shaky. Chievo arguably should've scored more than the one goal they eventually pulled back. A strong forward line seems the way to go on this one. Defoe's in good form, let him start, see if he can add to his tally and increase his confidence even further.

-------------------Lloris------------------

Walker-----Gallas---------Caulker-----Naughton

------------------Sandro----------------

-----------Dempsey----Dembele-----

Townsend----------------------------Bale

-----------------Defoe----------------

Subs;

Friedel, Vertonghen, Smith,Siggy, Hudd, Lennon, Ade

If things are going well, then we can probably put Ade and Hudd on for Defoe and Dembele at half-time, with Lennon coming on for Bale towards the sixty-minute mark.

3-1 Spurs, Defoe, Dempsey and Dembele with the goals. COYS.

Would be very surprised if Lloris, Ade, Dempsey all don't get starts. With a European game, could see Hudd doing well with the extra space and starting as well

Fact that Lennon/Bale were taken off before end on week-end makes me suspect they will play as well.

Only concern with our squad right now is we seem extremely light at the FB position.

Would be very surprised if Lloris, Ade, Dempsey all don't get starts. With a European game, could see Hudd doing well with the extra space and starting as well

Fact that Lennon/Bale were taken off before end on week-end makes me suspect they will play as well.

Only concern with our squad right now is we seem extremely light at the FB position.

Hudd's not fit enough for a full game, I think. Slow and steady's probably the best way to go with his recovery. Hence the introduction from the bench.

As for Ade, I would agree, but I can't help but think that since Defoe's confidence comes and goes in rapid bursts, benching him at this point may not be the best move, even if it for a Europa League game.

Lololol... let's buy some right backs! I know what you mean though, with Kaboul and BAE out that leaves us with 2xKyles and Verts as cover. Still, I would imagine Caulker could do a job at FB if needs be and big Willy G has been known to play wide... Oh, and didn't we have some big earred Welsh kid that could play LB?... No wories, we're fine ;)

Lololol... let's buy some right backs! I know what you mean though, with Kaboul and BAE out that leaves us with 2xKyles and Verts as cover. Still, I would imagine Caulker could do a job at FB if needs be and big Willy G has been known to play wide... Oh, and didn't we have some big earred Welsh kid that could play LB?... No wories, we're fine ;)

Don't forget England U21 international Adam Smith, who can play both sides, we're good

fudge is this this week? I thought next week... isnt the cap one cup this week?

No doubt on ST too

Lazio have 3 wins in 3 games in the Serie A so a team in top form.

-----------LLoris

Walker-Caulker-Vertonghen-Naughton

-------Huddlestone-Dembele-----

Lennon----------------townsend

--------Dempsey-----------
-------------Adebayor-----------

Nice article on the OS, looks like we're tsking it more serious than last season. Some good comments by AVB

As a sidenote, wonder if Parker might be back in contention for Thuirsday or SUnday?

can't wait for this, thinks it's gonna be a 'proper' euro night down the Lane and a cracking atmosphere, good game as well hopefully

Sandro should be one who should definitely NOT play. Need to manage him carefully this season given he started much earlier than most of the squad this year for the Olympics

Start the likes of Caulker, Dawson, Adebayor, Dempsey, Townsend, Thuddlestone, Lloris

Back