• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent***

Really? Is that what you've got? Just because I don't go knee-deep into the crowd swinging fists and screaming about how everything and everyone is a clam who should be sacked/castrated/slaughtered because they player badly in a couple of games. Games where key players are missing?

Some of the venting in here tonight has been absurd. I wonder of some people have attention spans or memories longer than that of a common gnat?!!!

I have to laugh at the Poch bashing. Yes. He got it wrong again tonight (I would personally look to play Dier back as a holding mid and look for a back three of Davies, Toby and Walker) but some of the vitriol is comical and goonerworthy.

We started last night without Rose, Vertonghen and Eriksen. He tried Winks and Sissoko. How the hell
will he find out who has what unless he tries them? FWIW I thought Sissoko was awful.

Anyway, carry on..:[emoji23][emoji6][emoji106]

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Agree completely.

We are in a bad run of form - it happens.. Difference is it took a while to realise as we were still getting results.

Wycombe - Win
Sunderland - Draw
Emirates Marketing Project - Draw
Borough - Win
Liverpool - Loss
Gent - Loss

Really? Is that what you've got? Just because I don't go knee-deep into the crowd swinging fists and screaming about how everything and everyone is a clam who should be sacked/castrated/slaughtered because they player badly in a couple of games. Games where key players are missing?

Some of the venting in here tonight has been absurd. I wonder of some people have attention spans or memories longer than that of a common gnat?!!!

I have to laugh at the Poch bashing. Yes. He got it wrong again tonight (I would personally look to play Dier back as a holding mid and look for a back three of Davies, Toby and Walker) but some of the vitriol is comical and goonerworthy.

We started last night without Rose, Vertonghen and Eriksen. He tried Winks and Sissoko. How the hell
will he find out who has what unless he tries them? FWIW I thought Sissoko was awful.

Anyway, carry on..:[emoji23][emoji6][emoji106]

All right, I will. Poch seems to have lost the plot at the moment. We have scored zero, nil, nada goals from open play in the last four games. Against a mid table Belgian side, playing a deliberately weakened team, we didn't make their keeper make a single save - nor did we force a single corner.

In those last FOUR games we have hardly created anything meaningful and the manner of the performances have been shocking - and this against Sunderland, Middlesborough and Gent ffs. Worse, against one of our key rivals, we didn't even compete in the game and should have been thrashed.

I put this squarely down to Poch and his coaching team. His team selection, non-rotation of out of form, tired players,tactics ineffective substitutions and overtraining methods look to have drained the team of energy, enthusiasm, ideas and confidence. He hasn't motivated them or inspired them. We often start games slowly and never recover. His innovation from dead ball situations is non-existent - we persist with the same old, same old, which frankly haven't delivered. His transfer choices have been bizarre to say the least - strenthening where we didn't have an urgent need, buying poor replacements and playing favourites to death.

While I don't exonerate the players entirely, a winning mentality and motivation comes from the top. Is Poch a winner? His managerial career to date doesn't provide any evidence of this.Can he really inspire the players? Is he tactically astute? Can he identify players that can take us to the next level? Is his in-match reading of the game adequate? Are his training methods right? Some serious questions for the manager to address- and quickly.

Ok. Now I have vented. Rant over.

I think that is definitely the case, and not just sissoko who I didn't think was any worse than most tonight.
I actually thought he was ok first half. He seems a more intelligent footballer than most will give him credit for IMO, he passes the ball at the right time and to the right player. His crossing needs some work. But to move him to the left second half was to be polite questionable. Its obvious he's not a left sided player.....

All right, I will. Poch seems to have lost the plot at the moment. We have scored zero, nil, nada goals from open play in the last four games. Against a mid table Belgian side, playing a deliberately weakened team, we didn't make their keeper make a single save - nor did we force a single corner.

In those last FOUR games we have hardly created anything meaningful and the manner of the performances have been shocking - and this against Sunderland, Middlesborough and Gent ffs. Worse, against one of our key rivals, we didn't even compete in the game and should have been thrashed.

I put this squarely down to Poch and his coaching team. His team selection, non-rotation of out of form, tired players,tactics ineffective substitutions and overtraining methods look to have drained the team of energy, enthusiasm, ideas and confidence. He hasn't motivated them or inspired them. We often start games slowly and never recover. His innovation from dead ball situations is non-existent - we persist with the same old, same old, which frankly haven't delivered. His transfer choices have been bizarre to say the least - strenthening where we didn't have an urgent need, buying poor replacements and playing favourites to death.

While I don't exonerate the players entirely, a winning mentality and motivation comes from the top. Is Poch a winner? His managerial career to date doesn't provide any evidence of this.Can he really inspire the players? Is he tactically astute? Can he identify players that can take us to the next level? Is his in-match reading of the game adequate? Are his training methods right? Some serious questions for the manager to address- and quickly.

Ok. Now I have vented. Rant over.

Yet we sit 3rd in the League above Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Still in Europe and the FA cup..
3 years ago we were getting smashed 5 or 6 nil at those places

Yet we sit 3rd in the League above Man U, Arsenal and Liverpool. Still in Europe and the FA cup..
3 years ago we were getting smashed 5 or 6 nil at those places

I am not calling for Poch to be sacked. He has assembled a good first team. I am pleased to have him as our manager. However, that does not mean to say he doesn't have faults - he clearly does. I want him to address his short-comings.

We are in a bad run of form - it happens.. Difference is it took a while to realise as we were still getting results.

Wycombe - Win
Sunderland - Draw
Borough - Win
Liverpool - Loss
Gent - Loss

I thought we played well against Boro though, but I agree that we were below par in the other games.

Wycombe - Win
Sunderland - Draw
Borough - Win
Liverpool - Loss
Gent - Loss

We won the only two home games there though (Wycombe, Boro). I thought we played quite well against Boro, we should have scored more.

4 of our next 6 games in all comps are at home. I reckon we will win them all, including progress to the next round of the Europa. We'll beat Fulham too imo and things will seem rosy.

I am not calling for Poch to be sacked. He has assembled a good first team. I am pleased to have him as our manager. However, that does not mean to say he doesn't have faults - he clearly does. I want him to address his short-comings.

See i would argue that this season could be seen as better as last year.
Further in FA Cup
Possible Same stage in Europa
Same performance in league, but with crucial injuries to almost all of our players.

Very true.

Without Eriksen or Lamela in the team we really do struggle to break any team down.
Only positive for me v Fulham is Eriksen should start

Without those two I'd like to see Alli given a more creative role - no use having him looking to get on the end of things if there's no one there to transition from midfield to attack

Without those two I'd like to see Alli given a more creative role - no use having him looking to get on the end of things if there's no one there to transition from midfield to attack

Nooo. He is too valuable in the box. It further underlines our poor recent transfer policy as to why Poch let Pritchard, Mason and Carroll go without adequate replacement in that position.

Same attitude we have against most 'smaller' sides. Totally predictable too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...s-tottenhamunderestimated-gent-europa-league/

“Generally I think they wanted it more than us, they were sharper, more motivated than us,” said Dembele.

“I hope this game has opened our eyes. I hope we double our attitude next week. And that we really want it.” Asked by Belgian reporters whether Tottenham underestimated Gent, who are eighth in their domestic league, Dembele replied: “I think so. I think this loss was deserved.”

Same attitude we have against most 'smaller' sides. Totally predictable too.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...s-tottenhamunderestimated-gent-europa-league/

“Generally I think they wanted it more than us, they were sharper, more motivated than us,” said Dembele.

“I hope this game has opened our eyes. I hope we double our attitude next week. And that we really want it.” Asked by Belgian reporters whether Tottenham underestimated Gent, who are eighth in their domestic league, Dembele replied: “I think so. I think this loss was deserved.”

Sad that the players know it but dont do it on the pitch

Scara's views on the EL are extreme to say the least, but I do agree with him that the EL should be our lowest priority. Our squad simply isn't good enough or big enough to be able to handle games on three fronts. The FA Cup is the more winnable cup comp IMO and we are only 1 win from the last 8. The EL is such a long slog of a competition and it means we always have to play catch up in the league, we saw last season how playing after Leicester 9 weeks out of 10 put us at a disadvantage.

I never want Spurs to lose but I won't exactly shed a tear if we don't progress. The last thing we need is to get to the final like Liverpool did last season finish outside the top 6 (should be almost a formality at this stage though). The EL is too bloated, when UEFA stop treating it with such contempt then I'm sure the players and fans will follow suit. There needs to be less teams and move the games to alternate Wednesdays so they don't clash with the CL but if anything if they will probably just add more teams to the bloody thing like they have done with the Euros and the World Cup. The football governing bodies only care about money and more teams in the competition means more games and more £££.

Oh yeah, and get rid of the league format and make it a straight knockout competition with no more than 32 teams.

I agree but we did seem to lose any momentum when he went further away from Kane (could be due to Mousa Dembele going off who didn't have a great game but certainly meant the big guy Assiti didn't have his own way in midfield).

Has he played well for us in the past in a more creative role? Does he have the skillset to thrive in such a role at this time?

I really don't like a solution that includes moving one of our best performers out of their position/role to fix a different problem.

For me the more obvious solution to our current creativity predicament is to play Winks. And doing so in the role he has looked very good in - as one of the two deep midfielders in our 4-2-3-1. Wanyama and Dembele have seemingly been undroppable so far this season though, for reasons I don't really understand.

Back