• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR vs KAA Gent***

If we do that we'll burn out every March.

I suppose we could just about manage a League Cup win that way as it finishes so early.We'll burn out like we did last year for everything else.

Sent from my SM-G925F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

No one said winning was easy. No one said changing the losing mentality at Tottenham was going to be easy. Again, I think Poch knows that, and I don't think he went with the 'easy' route of trying to manage the extent of our effort in games through a season so that we wouldn't burn out, because I think he realizes as much as anyone that it's a hollow victory finishing up in May having not burnt out but having failed to rid ourselves of our persistent tendencies to bottle it and settle for being fifth-best.

We went for mid season training in Spain recently -maybe that break from routine had an impact on the player's mentality. Maybe they are still mentally on warm weather training.

If that's true, send whomever asks for it to permanently do warm-weather training routines in Barcelona, and bring in someone who is better suited to the mentality we require.

I said at the outset that I was worried by our lack of creativity in the team. We have consistently failed to strengthen in this key area.
Very true.

Without Eriksen or Lamela in the team we really do struggle to break any team down.
Only positive for me v Fulham is Eriksen should start

Typical that I come to see games live when our form could not be worse. I've been there before 0-1 vs Wigan having beaten them 9-1 the previous season, 0-1 vs Wolves in the worst PL game in history. Expecting I'll witness an tinkle boring 0-0 draw at Wembley, followed by a 0-1 loss vs Stoke.

Typical that I come to see games live when our form could not be worse. I've been there before 0-1 vs Wigan having beaten them 9-1 the previous season, 0-1 vs Wolves in the worst PL game in history. Expecting I'll witness an tinkle boring 0-0 draw at Wembley, followed by a 0-1 loss vs Stoke.

Yep, there for them both, along with the 0-1 home defeats to Hull and Stoke

Sounds like you got my seat!

I didn't see the game, were we that sh1t?

1-0 isn't the end of the world, only half-time.

I do think we should just go 343 every game and be ready for Vert to slot back in when he's fit (hopefully soon). Our best football, along with Kane, Ali and Eriksen's best form have come with this system.

No one said winning was easy. No one said changing the losing mentality at Tottenham was going to be easy. Again, I think Poch knows that, and I don't think he went with the 'easy' route of trying to manage the extent of our effort in games through a season so that we wouldn't burn out, because I think he realizes as much as anyone that it's a hollow victory finishing up in May having not burnt out but having failed to rid ourselves of our persistent tendencies to bottle it and settle for being fifth-best.
Would you suggest that a marathon runner sprint the race?

I didn't see the game, were we that sh1t?

1-0 isn't the end of the world, only half-time.

I do think we should just go 343 every game and be ready for Vert to slot back in when he's fit (hopefully soon). Our best football, along with Kane, Ali and Eriksen's best form have come with this system.

We played like tonight was only the first half. You know those games this season were we start slow do nothing and come out and play for 20 minutes in the second half and win the game. We are treating the whole tie like that. The first thing Poch said in his post match press conference was "that is only the first leg, the tie is open"

We did play 343 tonight along with 352,4231 and 433!

Poch seems happy enough in the press conference, is he Scara in disguise ;)

maybe we could offer Sissoko to a Chinese club in exchange for a bag of prawn crackers.

Not that it makes sense to make him the spacegoat today, but he really has very little to offer. I expected he would have attitude problems and have a few awful games, but also really show himself as a world class player from time to time - but he's done fudge all, really. Had a decent game against Burnley and City, that's it, as far as I remember. Very disappointing for a player who's played in the league for the amount of years that he has. Doesn't look confident at all.

Back