• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs Everton ***

Sigurdsson for one of them as I feel he does a fair bit more work off the ball than the above three. I'm aware that it's pretty unlikely he'll play but I think we need harder workers to begin with.

Last year we lined up:

24 Friedel
04 Kaboul
26 King
28 Walker
32 Assou-Ekotto Booked
03 Bale
08 Parker (Livermore - 86' )
14 Modric
30 Sandro (Van der Vaart - 68' )
10 Adebayor (Saha - 54' )
18 Defoe Booked

That was a bloody good side if perhaps a little lopsided (right-sided wonky). I can see AVB going 4-4-2 again for this.

Playing Luka on the right was always a massive waste, that was when Harry went through his 442 phase wasn't it ](*,)

The difference for me this time is the pairing of Sandro and Dembele. It is a huge presence in the midfield. There are a few players who I feel when they go 50 50 with someone for strength always come out on top, Dembele, Sandro, Vertonghen, Kaboul. When Bale and Adebayor are up for it, they are beasts too.

I think we can pull this off, I almost feel like people expect us to lose this and the pressure is on Everton. We are more than capable of winning on their patch.

I'm kinda thinking that going with Dempsey, Defoe and Ade is one too many for a trip to Goodison.
It may well be, perhaps Hudd or Siggy in for Ade. Then again I love Ade when he's not doing daft things like the Arsenal game.

Good luck to AVB on that call. Dempsey and JD have to play though for me, they're both playing brilliantly.

So Everton will probably line up:

---------------------Howard---------------------------
Hibbert--------Distin-------Jagielka---------Baines
Mirallis--------Gibson------Osman----------Pienaar
----------------------Fellaini-------------------------
-----------------------Jelavic-------------------------

I think we should go with Ade and Defoe.

-------------------------Lloris---------------------------
Walker-------Gallas---------Caulker-----------Vertonghen
Lennon-------Sandro--------Dembele----------Dempsey
---------------Adebayor------Defoe------------------------

Ade will float and is a ball hungry player. He hopefully won't go missing. I think Dempsey could cut in and help bolster the midfield but also help deal with Mirallis. Lennon and Walker v Pienaar and Baines will be interesting. Just hope Kyle doesn't have a brain fart at any point.
Sandro and Dembele can win this for us in those CM positions. I want us to dominate that area of the park.

The difference for me this time is the pairing of Sandro and Dembele. It is a huge presence in the midfield. There are a few players who I feel when they go 50 50 with someone for strength always come out on top, Dembele, Sandro, Vertonghen, Kaboul. When Bale and Adebayor are up for it, they are beasts too.

I think we can pull this off, I almost feel like people expect us to lose this and the pressure is on Everton. We are more than capable of winning on their patch.

Totally agree

Shame we have neither Kaboul or Dawson to combat Fellaini - I hope we can come up with a plan to limit him regardless.

I'm thinking this may be a narrow loss for us though - we have been good away from home but Everton have been dropping a few points lately there and this will probably motivate them to come on strong.

Lloris,

Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen,

Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Dempsey,

Ade, Defoe

Ade in to combat the set piece threat, as it JV at left back, and Dempsey also should do a good job, both at set pieces and in his favoured position.

We may do well, we will create chances but I see it being a 2-1 loss.

Shame we have neither Kaboul or Dawson to combat Fellaini - I hope we can come up with a plan to limit him regardless.

I'm thinking this may be a narrow loss for us though - we have been good away from home but Everton have been dropping a few points lately there and this will probably motivate them to come on strong.

Lloris,

Walker, Gallas, Caulker, Vertonghen,

Lennon, Sandro, Dembele, Dempsey,

Ade, Defoe

Ade in to combat the set piece threat, as it JV at left back, and Dempsey also should do a good job, both at set pieces and in his favoured position.

We may do well, we will create chances but I see it being a 2-1 loss.

Good points and still the team I favour, despite some very reasonable suggestions of alternatives.

Our big ace against Everton's aerial threat is Lloris, he gives us a far better chance of countering the likes of Fellaini than Brad does. It'll still be very difficult as you say, I'd take a point happily, but I wouldn't settle for one before the game, because the way we're playing we can easily get 3.

I'm reading that Daws still might make the game, if he does then I'd fancy us to get 3 points actually.

Good points and still the team I favour, despite some very reasonable suggestions of alternatives.

Our big ace against Everton's aerial threat is Lloris, he gives us a far better chance of countering the likes of Fellaini than Brad does. It'll still be very difficult as you say, I'd take a point happily, but I wouldn't settle for one before the game, because the way we're playing we can easily get 3.

I'm reading that Daws still might make the game, if he does then I'd fancy us to get 3 points actually.

Massive boost if it happens. As BrainofLevy mentions, Fellaini is key to this game. Keeping him quiet is going to be a big task, but something I think we will need to do to avoid defeat.
Hope i'm wrong, but I think Everton are a touch too strong at home for us to get 3pts. If you offered me a draw tonight I'd take it in all fairness

Is it just me or does it always seem like a defender scores in this fixture? Since 2003:

Assou-Ekotto, Dawson, Coleman, Baines, Pamarot, Gardner, Lescott, Stubbs, Ziegler, Unsworth, Yobo, Carr

Re the 50-50s, I feel the excact same way, except when it's about Sandro. Even a 20-80 I fancy him to come out on top most of the times. I have no idea how he does it but he's got an innsane ability to get the ball off other players.

I think this is going to be a big game tactically.

Problem is we will be seen by Everton as a big scalp and they will be really up for this. If Mirallas plays that will be a big problem for whichever full-back faces him (especially if it's our left side; if so Clint Dempsey will be key).

AVB will have his work cut-out to bring a result out of this, as we haven't won at Goodison for five and a half years.

However, Everton don't really have mich pace, if we can slowly push up the field and have a (relatuvely) high line I think we can nullify their aerial threat.

I'm going to stick my neck out: 4-2 to Spurs; Depmsey, Defoe, Lennon and Caulker; Fellaini and Jelevic for them

COYS

Spurs have not lost on a Sunday in the league in 2012, FACT.

Well I guess there is always a first time

Back