• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project ***

Fair play to city, they got their tactics spot on and made it very difficult for us. We played as well as we were allowed, and up to the pen thought we did well. After the pen we panicked a bit, the enormity of what was happening got to some them. They struggled with whether to attack and kill the game or sit back. After Eriksens goal thought they were amazing, the relief and belief flowed through the team.

Eriksen really needs to learn to make even an attempt at a tackle. The one poor aspect of this game.

Lastly big credit to aguero who could have gone down in the box a couple of times when he was getting pressured in the box and stayed on his feet. Have no doubt clattenburg would have evened things up and given a pen.

Fair play to city, they got their tactics spot on and made it very difficult for us. We played as well as we were allowed, and up to the pen thought we did well. After the pen we panicked a bit, the enormity of what was happening got to some them. They struggled with whether to attack and kill the game or sit back. After Eriksens goal thought they were amazing, the relief and belief flowed through the team.

Eriksen really needs to learn to make even an attempt at a tackle. The one poor aspect of this game.

Lastly big credit to aguero who could have gone down in the box a couple of times when he was getting pressured in the box and stayed on his feet. Have no doubt clattenburg would have evened things up and given a pen.
I don't think we panicked after the pen. It's just that us taking the lead woke up City. They didn't start to play the way they usually do until we scored. At 0-0 they didn't really attack, Clichy and Zabaleta stayed back, and both of their midfielders were very cautious. At 0-1 they had to to something, and started playing as they normally do at home. We struggled for a bit, but kept cool and hit back at them. Actually think Walker did poorly for the goal. That one-two with Clichy and Silva was so obvious, and Walker should have stayed closer to Clichy. Instead he ran slightly AWAY from him, allowing him space to make the cross.

Bang on.

It was the first time we got out of our comfort zone for a long time and it effected our normal solid pattern of play.

We played safe for a lot of the game (especially out wide)..and Harry had very little service/supply.

But the lesson is, there will be times like this and we came through.

And we have to be honest, Clattenburg has gone a long way to getting us 6 points from city.

It's easy to blame the ref (or credit the ref) but we have had bad decisions this season and good ones

City didn't complain about the goal against Everton where the ball went out

City didn't complain that Yaya should have been sent off for multiple yellows

No one is even mentioning the hand ball given against son when he was tackled in their area and the ball hit him from all of 2ft. He was clean through from that and would have buried it. There was no intent at all to handle it so it shouldn't have been given as a hand ball but was

Refs get decisions wrong all the time

Amazing day and result. One of the best away days I have had watching Spurs. I think the 1st half was bland but that was because City weren't too sure how we would attack them and we also were just looking to feel our way into the game and not do anything rash.
Overall I think we deserved the win. We set up well and made sure that City didn't have lots free spaces to pop the ball around and our compactness made it difficult for City to get going. Other than the last 10 mins and the free kick that hit the bar, I don't think we looked like conceding at all tbh.

Bang on.

It was the first time we got out of our comfort zone for a long time and it effected our normal solid pattern of play.

We played safe for a lot of the game (especially out wide)..and Harry had very little service/supply.

But the lesson is, there will be times like this and we came through.

And we have to be honest, Clattenburg has gone a long way to getting us 6 points from city.

Clattenburg did do us a favour yesterday but the WHL fixture was nothing to do with him. The linesman in that game made those errors and actually city opened the scoring with an offside goal by De Bruyne and could have gone 0-2 up before we equalised yet that wasn't mentioned by anyone at all. Swings and roundabouts I'm afraid, City can be bitter all they like but they have had plenty of luck against us since 2010.

I think ultimately based on the players and also we have a system of play (City dont) we are a better side, so in all honesty not a shock result, we didnt stop them playing, they stopped us, and we still got the result

Did we win? surely not, I know I watched the match but I must have been watching a different game than most of the "Chicken Littles" on this site. We worked hard , stood strong when the pressure came and did what we had to do. Interested to see ratings as so many of our players were poor with calls for Kane, Erikson, Son, Walker and Dembele to be subbed and lack of confidence in Carroll and Chadli, some fans just don't deserve this club.

Er ... care to look in the mirror? on Carroll a few weeks back?
Just hotter.

Amazing day and result. One of the best away days I have had watching Spurs. I think the 1st half was bland but that was because City weren't too sure how we would attack them and we also were just looking to feel our way into the game and not do anything rash.
Overall I think we deserved the win. We set up well and made sure that City didn't have lots free spaces to pop the ball around and our compactness made it difficult for City to get going. Other than the last 10 mins and the free kick that hit the bar, I don't think we looked like conceding at all tbh.

Clattenburg did do us a favour yesterday but the WHL fixture was nothing to do with him. The linesman in that game made those errors and actually city opened the scoring with an offside goal by De Bruyne and could have gone 0-2 up before we equalised yet that wasn't mentioned by anyone at all. Swings and roundabouts I'm afraid, City can be bitter all they like but they have had plenty of luck against us since 2010.

Sorry @Libero i should have been more specific (LOL)

I know it's swings and roundabouts but in this specific match-up Clattenburg (and his team;)) have massively helped us (by being sh*t) in both games.

@Bedfordspurs It doesn't detract from our achievement and it's nice that decisions have gone our way when it really matters. We would be fuming and i say that as someone who has fumed in seasons gone by.

It was lucky from our POV that Clattenberg gave the penalty and I would be annoyed had it been awarded against us, as all to often these handballs are not given.

However, I'd be more annoyed if a Spurs player turned his back defending a cross by one of our opponents. It seems to me, that Sterling in this case is getting off lightly and that viewers of yesterday's incident are under the impression, that if a player turns his back on the ball, and the ball hits an arm, then it cannot be handball, when really IMO it's just poor defending.

Turning your back on the ball does not and should never automatically clear a player from intentionally handling the ball. However, it seems many followers of the beautiful game think it does!

Contrast Sterling's effort to block the cross with those of Alders and Rose, who put in their blocks by facing their opponent head on.

I'm sorry Mr Pelligrenni, but if one of your players who is on vast amounts money is not willing to take a bodyshot for the team in pursuit of winning a game, and if cowardly defending is acceptable at your club under your management, then that's down to you and your players, but it's no get-out from the possibility of intentional handball!

Our commitment shone through man to man yesterday

The above comment about Roses block was 100% right. He took one for the team. Dier has done it a few times too as has Toby and Jan and others

If we're serious about winning our first title we have to be 100% committed and these players truly are

If we don't win the league but carry on playing like this with 100% effort and commitment I'll take that. The pride I see on the pitch is more than enough for me and these players are elevating the club to where we the fans believe we should be, with talent combined with hard graft

Back