• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur vs Emirates Marketing Project ***

I feel thoroughly uncomfortable with all this title talk. I just don't know what to say anymore.

We were not fantastic going forward today and I felt we un-characteristically gave away cheap possession and made unpressured mistakes that all season we haven't really been making. I think that's partly due to the pressure the occasion and the opposition. But we certainly did not hide, and as long as we work that hard we remain a threat to anyone.

What a brilliant win.

I also feel uncomfortable with title talk...like were spurs and we should not dare or something.

We will play better this season and drop points for sure but hopefully just the once :) and not against the other lot!

I am as a high as a fckin kite! like I have taken every known drug in existence in the space of a few minutes...feel utterly euphoric after that win but still we must tell ourselves we have achieved nothing yet and no prizes are handed out in February.

We must stay grounded and the players need to maintain the spirit of dieing for each other in every forthcoming game, I trust Poch to keep us grounded...I dont trust myself, I am dreaming of the Title...and why not, after years of being called bottle jobs today we sent out a clear message!

We are Spurs we are Serious and we will not roll and have our bellies tickled anymore!

If you want to beat us then your going to have to play at your limits and hope its enough!

Danny Rose was my MOTM as well today.

Didn't Danny Rose win us the handball penalty against leceister in the FA Cup as well? Good technique he has there!
Just watching the replay. I couldn't hear the commentary when watching it earlier (small mercies!) but I think it was just said that that was the first PL pen City had conceded at home in 13 months?
I would have agreed earlier with that but I'm rewatching the 2nd half now and Dembele was majestic and probably shaded it. Watching in real time can play tricks with your memory (and your ticker :confused:).

A few other comments on the match now that I have had time to digest things.
- Eriksen had a very good 2nd half - better than I thought.
- Zabaletta went in to hurt Kane with the follow through on that tackle
- I had the sound right down during the match as the biased commentary was annoying me. I was listening to it on the 2nd watching and I didn't mind it as much as I knew what was coming :). Pair of tossers.
- Clattenburg was incompetent throughout.
- The 2nd goal was a work of art.

This has been a great season so far, and we're right up there with a really good shout for the title. BUT let's not start sucking each others roosters quite yet! It's still a long way to go, and we might finish anywhere between 1st and 4th. Will still be a good season, but as things are now, I'd be just a little bit disappointed if we don't finish top 3.

This has been a great season so far, and we're right up there with a really good shout for the title. BUT let's not start sucking each others roosters quite yet! It's still a long way to go, and we might finish anywhere between 1st and 4th. Will still be a good season, but as things are now, I'd be just a little bit disappointed if we don't finish top 3.

Indeed; i've been meaning to start up a thread with such a title to balance some of our natural euphoria (and for the likes of @shaney to be able to vent lol)

But every time i mean to, i get distracted...

a litle strong, best team we have played this season by a country mile and our first goal was a steal

city put in a decent team performance imo and we were lucky aguero was so rusty

Rusty - he has 7 goals in 10 games

He missed a couple of half chances but our defenders dealt with him In a top drawer manner

Just got back, wow oh wow oh wow. I have never felt this together with my fellow spurs fan ever (apart from the taco next to me who was slagging off Carroll before he even came on the pitch) . Great traveling support once again.
I reckon that must the macaron who sits two rows behind me in the park lane - blames Carroll or Davies for everything

Simply fudging fantastic win!

Didn't think we played as well as we have in other games though and we looked less than sharp in the final third. Luckily today, we took our one real chance when it came (even though the other one was handed to us on a plate.) and Aguero had a rare day when he had forgotten his shooting boots.

Just a couple of less than euphoric observations to keep the unbridled optimism in check:

1. I feel that Kane hasn't been as sharp in the last couple of games - is fatigue setting in with him perhaps? I hope not, but he looks to me like he is carrying an injury or maybe just needs a rest. He was dominated all game by their CBs (even though one was the tour de force that is Kompany!) and his close control and passing has been a bit off recently.
2. Rose had a good game (and of course won us the penalty) but his crossing really needs to improve. Too often, he hits the first defender. He should look at the cross Sagna put in for their goal and ideally learn from it
3. The Son and Lamela debate will rumble on. I didn't think Son had a great game today (I thought he looked a bit sluggish) and it was the correct decision to sub him by Poch and obviously a masterstroke to later bring on Lamela!!
4. It will be interesting to see how Poch manages the squad from here on in.
5. All talk of the title should be banned until the last game when we have a four point cushion!!!!

But those are just minor rumblings and I am immensely proud of the team and what they achieved today. Well done lads! COYS!!!

So who else was unhappy with Dele Alli came off today? Whoops, good decision to bring Lamela on Poch.
I didn't think Alli had a good game. On the ball he was pretty poor trying to do tricks and flicks rather than play sensible. Also thought some of Eriksens passing was sloppy but he has it in his locker to change the game and he did that today.

It may sound strange but I think my favourite part of the evening was at the very end when Poch and the entire playing group celebrated with the UNBELIEVABLE away fans.

Poch made it his duty to approach every single member of the squad (right down to Michel Vorm) give them a big hug and a massive "YEAAAHHH, COME ON!!" and then did the same for the adoring supporters, the response was rapturous! .. It actually made me really emotional to see such squad harmony and togetherness.

I truly believe something special is happening with this group (somewhat obvious I know) but it's mainly because right down to the core, they are believing too.

wow, what a result, I was confident we'd do it, way back on page 6 or something of this OMT but until it happens, you have to pinch yourself a bit. I love a few things here, firstly that we got that pen, down the years we've had so many soft,crap decisions go against us, if we have 5 more like that, we'll be close to breaking even in my book. secondly as someone said, well done for Rose for appealing, I've been banging on for years for our players to challenge refs and get them to see their their point of view, if Rose hadn't said anything and watch this again closely, there maybe no pen. Thirdly, I LOVE how commentators and the whole ex arsenal and Liverpool mafia media hate us. They can't wait to see us lose and f@ck things up, I love how these results stick it to the Charlie Nicholas's, Phil Thompson's etc.
As for the match, Aguero would normally have buried the deflected pass by Aguero and generally Emirates Marketing Project were a bit off apart from their goal which was pure class. I haven't been the biggest fan of lamela but that pass to Eriksen was world class. The defence was outstanding again, all top teams have a top keeper, we check that box.
This team CAN win the league, now it becomes a test of nerve but being as young as they are, I don't think it'll affect them that much.
I can barely believe I'm typing we can win the league, Tottenham eh, football, bloody hell as fergie once said,
Love Tottenham

Simply fudging fantastic win!

2. Rose had a good game (and of course won us the penalty) but his crossing really needs to improve. Too often, he hits the first defender. He should look at the cross Sagna put in for their goal and ideally learn from it
When you can't distinguish Sagna from Clichy, You need to go to specsavers man! :p

Back