• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur vs. CSKA Moscow***

It sounded like there was a group of fans singing quite a lot actually, but it didn't sound loud on the TV at least. Lots of chatter, and at the end it sounded like our own fans started singing "is this the library?".

They were singing is there a fire drill

They're in the Ukraine and it's frikkin cold.
So? Pussies!! Man up and play!! We played games on pure ice here before we got heated pitches. And I'm not kidding! We had studs similar to what they use in athletics. Imaging getting stamped and tackled with those! Often looked like we'd been in a knife fight after games.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

He scored only once. Don't steal laurels from Akinfeev who scored another one with a beautiful scissor kick. Igorgimovich!
Ha ha.

Poor Akinfeev. He hasn't kept a clean sheet in the CL for 10 years now. Last one he kept was against Arsenal :). He'll probably wet the bed again tonight when he's dreaming of that special OG.

That was a very good performance tonight. Diet and Wanyama our shakiest players for me but there are so many positives to take.
It looks like we have our Eriksen back again. He looked so much more confident. Even free kicks and corners were far more promising than they have been for a good while. Alli as well coming back into form. Winks looks like he's been playing first team (and CL) for ages. (And I loved it when he stood his ground against the CSKA player - didn't flinch at all). Son very involved first half especially, caused problems and got stuck in to tackles a few times. Harry is our Harry.
And Toby is back - massive for us, and he could have scored.
Excellent game from Walker, he is having such a strong season. Rose and Jan solid and worked very well together when Jan played the ball out.

The only real downside, to state the obvious, was the wasted chances.
Extra shooting practice lads ahead of Sunday.
(Oh - and Wembley atmosphere. There was singing but because there are pockets of singing fans dotted around it rarely all joins up. When it does it is spine tingling, but mostly it's all a bit disjointed).

All in all a great night and a happy journey home. Almost there. ..

Congratulations. Boy or girl?

Boy
Samuel John Baird Travers

Should say that Samuel was the name chosen for his sister... and she didn't have the bits

John is my wife's uncle who died last month

Baird is my wise maiden name and she insists it's somewhere in the name

I wanted Harry Alli in there after they scored tonight but I was told it wouldn't work and it would have to be Deles full name which would take a lot of explaining

He does already have a Spurs kit though and will be doing a ground tour in February with his sister and my mates kids (and my newphews)

I wonder what went wrong for him. At one point he was considered one of the best goalkeepers in the world.
he had a couple of knee ligament injuries
decided to stay in Russia (still it's unknown if there were any strong options overboard), has good contract and no competition on his position
stopped progressing
43 matches in a row... The record that probably will never be broken.

Congrats @Bedfordspurs

Back