• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wycombe Wanderers ***

The problem area was centre-back and Vorm, for some reason, looking unsure of himself today.

CCV and Wimmer are good enough to play against a league 2 team, but probably not together. Poch gave them the benefit of the doubt today and I would have done the same if I was him. Next time, we could play 3 at the back with Toby in the middle to guide them both.

So say we get an easy draw next round -- start with a similar team as today, but go 343 and put Toby in the side and take Onomah out.

Really embarrassed by some of our fans in this thread. Some posters really need to take a look in the mirror.

Totally agreed, people need to man up and have confidence in the players.

This was a good win today. The cub throws up some funny performances sometimes. Largely because the better teams often come up against a style they will barely ever have encountered before, and who they naturally aren't set up to compete against. Combine tha with finishing the game with ten men (and that's exactly how their third goal came) and the opposition knowing it will be one of the games of their lives, it's a good result.

We were creating chances all game. A real bad performance was Liverpool's earlier. They offered nothing. We contributed well to a fun cup tie and got the win that on balance we deserved.

StrawMan2.jpg

We have two games next week, both infinitely more important than this one.

Winning a domestic cup isn't going to do anything. We need to be fighting for the league title and getting in the CL regularly.

oh well, better than a replay

Why the fudge wasn't Vorm up for those corners at the end?

A loss is a far better result than a replay.

this is what people were scorning and sneering at today throughout the game, going as far as to suggest own goals and deliberate capitulation to go out,
Fortunately I missed that. If there is one cup I want us to win it is this one, hence pleased we sneaked through but still annoyed with the quality of the team which started. I have never seen anything from Onomah to suggest he is a first team player..

Where did anyone say that was they wanted for eternity? I take it one season at a time when considering what would be most beneficial to the club.

That was an arrogant performance today by players who should have been using it as a platform to further their claims for a 1st team place. I don't think any player did that today with the exception of Winks maybe. Dier was awful, as was Onomah who to me looks like he is playing out of position and hasn't a clue what is expected of him. It wasn't a great day for Poch either IMO. Leaving no subs for the last 30mins is a poor decision that nearly cost us the tie.

Why Spurs fans want Spurs to lose is baffling to me.

i desperately didn't want a replay on a poor surface in the midst of our league campaign

we can't afford extra minutes in the legs of players like alli if we are going to chase chelsea down

i desperately didn't want a replay on a poor surface in the midst of our league campaign
I know the argument but I don't agree with it. Although they made hard work of it today I thought the starting line up should have had more than enough to take Wycombe on and beat them. Today we played like dingdongs, but in a replay they could have put that right.

this is what people were scorning and sneering at today throughout the game, going as far as to suggest own goals and deliberate capitulation to go out,
Fortunately I missed that. If there is one cup I want us to win it is this one, hence pleased we sneaked through but still annoyed with the quality of the team which started. I have never seen anything from Onomah to suggest he is a first team player..
And you were slagging off Poch for not fielding our first team vs a league two side....

Just checked the BBC stats. (Nice to see Son still has the goal.) 4 Shots on Target. 4 Goals...makes a nice change

I know the argument but I don't agree with it. Although they made hard work of it today I thought the starting line up should have had more than enough to take Wycombe on and beat them. Today we played like ding dongs, but a replay they could have put that right.

fair enough

agree it should have been comfortable whoever we picked

Wtf is people's problem with Onamah?

Scratch that, I think it's idiotic to write players off when they are making their way in the team, and particularly when the manager very obviously rates them. And particularly when their opportunities are going to be against packed, deep defences where opportunities will be limited. And yet, in an attacking sense, we still played well, and Onamah still contributed.

Same as getting on VJ's back after Villa. It's often more challenging to play from the start, when the opposition haven't tired yet.

Back