• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Wycombe Wanderers ***

They showed their true colours in the last quarter. Constant fouling, thought we were going for the record of getting them all booked.

The ref allowed too much of their dirty play though. I felt their number 17 should have been sent off before the end of the game.

Wow. What a game. *What* comebacks (twice) - okay, they were against Wycombe, but it still counts under the lights at the Lane. :)

The fighting spirit finally came into the side once the second half got properly going, and bar Trippier's injury I think we would have won it earlier - there are evidently serious concerns about our back line in the absence of our regulars, and I disliked the aimless way we sent balls forward at times (even late on - one such careless punt forward led to Wycombe's third). Credit to Wycombe for showing up with a coherent plan and executing it well against an exceedingly shaky back line, but we made our own problems today.

Still, we're into the fifth round, which is what counts. Then go into the sixth, then the semi at our future home ground, then the final. That should be our aim, our ambition. To win this trophy, to lift silverware, to achieve the dreams of every fan and the end goal of any sporting outfit - to win, and win well.

To prefer eternally finishing fourth in a 20 team league or 3rd in a 2-horse race over winning a trophy in this manner is something I will thankfully never have to endure - and I can't understand why people would prefer such a thing to the extent of scorning the cup as they did today. A cup which has provided 8 of the happiest occasions in our history, which we built our identity and our mythos around in the golden days of yore - this is what people were scorning and sneering at today throughout the game, going as far as to suggest own goals and deliberate capitulation to go out, under the lights at the Lane in its final season....to Wycombe f*cking Wanderers.

Have a word with yourself.

Wow. What a game. *What* comebacks (twice) - okay, they were against Wycombe, but it still counts under the lights at the Lane. :)

The fighting spirit finally came into the side once the second half got properly going, and bar Trippier's injury I think we would have won it earlier - there are evidently serious concerns about our back line in the absence of our regulars, and I disliked the aimless way we sent balls forward at times (even late on - one such careless punt forward led to Wycombe's third). Credit to Wycombe for showing up with a coherent plan and executing it well against an exceedingly shaky back line, but we made our own problems today.

Still, we're into the fifth round, which is what counts. Then go into the sixth, then the semi at our future home ground, then the final. That should be our aim, our ambition. To win this trophy, to lift silverware, to achieve the dreams of every fan and the end goal of any sporting outfit - to win, and win well.

To prefer eternally finishing fourth in a 20 team league or 3rd in a 2-horse race over winning a trophy in this manner is something I will thankfully never have to endure - and I can't understand why people would prefer such a thing to the extent of scorning the cup as they did today. A cup which has provided 8 of the happiest occasions in our history, which we built our identity and our mythos around in the golden days of yore - this is what people were scorning and sneering at today throughout the game, going as far as to suggest own goals and deliberate capitulation to go out, under the lights at the Lane in its final season....to Wycombe f*cking Wanderers.

Here here! Or is it hear hear!

StrawMan2.jpg

Phew.
What was that.
3 goals at home to Wycombe !!!! ( I didn't even know there was such a club )
Our defense was all over the place, and our attack couldn't shoot on target :(
Things changed a lot when we made the subs. Really shows the difference in quality
between first and reserve team.
Things were SO bad I stopped drinking Tuskers.
Wycombe played very well, so hats off to them.

Not the game I expected. The second string are ok however the quality compared to the first team is vast.

The likes on Onomah,Davies, wimmer, carter Vickers , sissoko and nkoudou really didn't take their chance to make a statement today.

Happy to get through but we got away with it big time today.

Don't think we can risk playing this type of team. We need to try and win the cup because I cant see us winning anything else.

People are singing our praises but without silverware it will mean nothing

Drama, that's the real magic of the Cup. Unlucky, Chairboys, put up a great effort, and we'd be out if we'd stuck with the second string. Ref bottled a couple of 2nd yellows after we were down to 10 though.

I don't think we should give up on the squad players just yet.

Things would have been improved if we had them all fit and could field the following.

Vorm

Davies
Wimmer
CCV

KWP
Trippier

Winks
Sissoko
Lamela

Son

Janssen

We should go for this against gent and Lincoln at home.

Back