• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

The swearing filter really gets my goat sometimes!!!! Grrrr....FFFUUCCCKKK THE PIKEYS! Just another game. Must win it of course, but we have been SORELY LACKING in self-reminders of exactly what they are...images-1.jpegimages-2.jpegimages-3.jpegWest Ham.jpg

Felt this would be a very tough game, now that a win means we would go top I'm almost certain that we'll lose. defiantly going to be the biggest test our squad has faced. We've proven we can beat teams around us, now time to see whether we can handle the intense pressure tomorrow will have.

Regardless of whether we win or lose though we're in a fantastic position and not far of sealing Champions League qualification. Not to shabby for the youngest team in the league. And west Ham call themselves the academy of football...

Yido's.

article-1233652-0679AE090000044D-710_468x221.jpg

Craig.
Be brave mate.
Believe in the squad that has believed in itself and consistently delivered all season.
We need to send that belief onwards.
I say it's a 3-1 win.

gents, here are some stats for you :

• The Hammers have won only three of the last 17 Premier League games against Spurs (W3 D3 L11).
  • Tottenham are unbeaten in their last 12 Premier League away games (W7 D5).
  • Mauricio Pochettino's team have only conceded 11 goals in their last 14 Premier League away games.
  • Spurs have picked up the most points from London derbies this season, earning 11 points from five games, but the Hammers could surpass this with a win having accrued nine points from just four matches against other capital clubs.
  • Tottenham have now won 17 points from losing positions in the Premier League this season; more than any other side.
  • The Lilywhites have won five of the 10 Premier League games that they have been losing in this season.
we're winning this game

A chance to go top of the League in the month of March for the first time since 1964.
A chance to win 7 in a row in the League for the first time since 1967.

It is an away game vs West Ham who are on strong form and yet we are favorites for this match with the kids and injuries we have? That is unusual!! West Ham should be faves for this!

That's the team I'd pick. Think you're right about Walker.

Although Trippier has improved , I still worry about him against class acts.

Better to save Walker for Arsenal. The gap in matches gives the Full Backs extra recovery time allowing them to continue being our width providers. If Trippier can play against Fiorentina - he can handle West Ham.

It is an away game vs West Ham who are on strong form and yet we are favorites for this match with the kids and injuries we have? That is unusual!! West Ham should be faves for this!

Its just based on the money bet on each side. Go back West Ham at 3/1 if you think the odds are wrong.
West Ham have more injuries than us. And they have their right back suspended meaning they'll have to play a midfielder there. Its ridiculous that they have 4 different players that could playing right back in their squad and all of them are out.

The swearing filter really gets my goat sometimes!!!! Grrrr....FFFUUCCCKKK THE PIKEYS! Just another game. Must win it of course, but we have been SORELY LACKING in self-reminders of exactly what they are...View attachment 2674View attachment 2675View attachment 2676View attachment 2677

There's a 19-page thread about people like you over on KUMB. Just ignore the odd posts about some football match.

Have a nosey on every Spurs forum...it's the same nonsense spouted by the majority of them...vile insults, arrogance, name calling, yet the second they get any back, they go crying

Don't think there's another set of fans like them...that's why you can go the length and breadth of the land, and everyone despises them

Our neighbours like to give it out but get straight onto the law when they get it back.

what are they? 70's throw back hard men, love a beer and a row?
Football purists?
Geeky youtube nerds who love to video "racism" when it suits?
Jovial tacos who like to sing "racist" songs when it suits?
or
plain old arrogant c****? with not a lot to be arrogant about

Their team play good football IMHO, but the supporters represent everything i detest about the game, and seeing Dr Evil sitting in their directors box every game just makes me detest them all the more.

My problem with them is they want it all ways

They give out the Y army malarkey just to get a response back ...and then send it on to you tube.

When you see something like this...it would NEVER happen with us because someone would sort it out because its just wrong.

they are the biggest bunch of ****ers i've ever encountered....the self appointed "top firm in london"

a bunch of trappy, arrogant, ****wits, who call themselves Y***, then cry to plod when someone else does it

I believe the word p***y is classed as racist too

Is the Y word more offensive than p**** ?

icon_confused.gif

One rule for one....

I've never understood the "p****" moniker spurs fans give us.

Are they referring to Upton Park being a ****hole? Have they not seen where their ground is?

It always makes me scratch my head when West Ham/Spurs games roll around, and all of the usual hot air starts from my Spurs supporting chums, mostly about us being p*****, the irony of half of them being from Dagenham being completely lost of them.

the Y word can't be offensive as they call themselves the Y army. Its hilarious dont you know

I've always found it quite funny that they call themselves that, shows their collective stupidity doesn't it. But yes why they can get away with it and others would be punished is beyond me.

The most hypocrite, the most double-standard, the most bigheaded, the most tearful/excuse searching club in the PL (potentially in the world).

I've never really grasped an understanding on why the Tottenham lot say us West Ham lot have an association with the traveler community...

It also strikes me as weird in this day and age that Spurs seem to be the only team whereby there is consistently a lot of trouble around their fixture with us. Doesn't seem to happen with anyone else (south London caravan dwellers notwithstanding).

http://kumb.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162672

Just a shame I couldn't find that post about West Ham fans generally having a higher level of education.

It's odd because when I was growing up I don't remember animosity to this level. Of course there wasn't the internet to spread the hatred but amongst people I know of 50ish and above, on both sides, there is a rivalry but overall we don't matter that much to each other. There are exceptions, of course, but it seems to me to be a younger generation of Spam fans that have adopted this attitude towards us, and that is what is then being reciprocated. That's certainly it for me. I didn't really care one way or the other about them, as long as they weren't a threat to us, which they usually aren't, but now I find myself despising them more and more because of the attitude of their fans.
The result tonight is not going to make or break our season, but were we to lose (and I can't see it) it would absolutely make theirs.

I don't get the so called "rivalry" between the clubs. West Ham will always be our 3rd most important derby at best. It might be their biggest derby, but it isn't ours. I guess it means more for the Spurs fans who actually live in North/East London. What I don't understand is why they don't have the same hatred for Arsenal, if anything, Finsbury Park is geographically closer to West Ham.

Anyway, on to the actual game. I would give Alli a rest if he is not 100%, the season doesn't come down to just this game and we are going to need him for every other game. I'd play Mason alongside Dier and play Eriksen, Lamela and Son and then bring Chadli on if we need a goal.

I've met a couple (well, two) of West 'Am fans during my travels. By and large, they were good eggs: the second bloke even paid for my beer, because, amusingly, I was the only other fan of an English team that he'd met during his time there (this was in Colombo, back in 2008) who could actually name more than three Spam players past and present.

It just feels like it's a desperately manufactured rivalry on their part, to be honest. They know they can never catch Arsenal or (now) Chelsea in terms of trophies won, so they figure they can try to puff their chests out and take on Spurs because we're admittedly the least successful of the big London clubs.

But what they fail to realize is that we still have 20 or so more cups than them, have been a bigger club than them throughout our history, have a bigger fanbase, and will move into the custom-built 61,000 seat WHL just a couple of seasons after they move into their refurbished, taxpayer-funded TITLE-WINNING THEATRE OF BUBBLES or whatever, which in itself comes complete with a running track and will likely sound like a graveyard in outer space.

I think Spam are trying to punch up at us because they're deluded enough to think that they can out-do us in the long term (which corresponds with what Gold and Sullivan generally keep loudly shouting to the press). This includes manufacturing a real 'rivalry', because honestly, I've never felt any genuine animosity towards Spam fans that corresponds to the suppressed dislike we generally share for those with.. poorer taste in football clubs.

Over time, as their newfound yearning for success fails to translate into anything, they'll fall behind and turn to dust, becoming like Crystal Palace or Fulham. And the next London upstart will look at us and think: 'well, we could take *them* on, definitely! After all, they're not Arsenal or Chelsea...only Spurs, southern softies with no bottle who'll always let you down! We're the mighty Welling United/Hayes and Yeading/Met Police, and we'll have those nonces in a heartbeat!'

And so the cycle continues.

I don't get the so called "rivalry" between the clubs. West Ham will always be our 3rd most important derby at best. It might be their biggest derby, but it isn't ours. I guess it means more for the Spurs fans who actually live in North/East London. What I don't understand is why they don't have the same hatred for Arsenal, if anything, Finsbury Park is geographically closer to West Ham.

Anyway, on to the actual game. I would give Alli a rest if he is not 100%, the season doesn't come down to just this game and we are going to need him for every other game. I'd play Mason alongside Dier and play Eriksen, Lamela and Son and then bring Chadli on if we need a goal.

He'll get an enforced rest against Dortmund, no? I'd play him for the next two if he can take it.

Woke up nervous. This is huge.

And it's Poch's birthday today along with our best player this eason - Alder.

Hope this motivates them but I doubt much more motivation is needed than the prospect of going top. That Liecester draw was the team talk done.

No mistakes tonight, just go and do the job.

I can see it being feisty and physical and littered with quality.

Cannot wait to find a decent stream

Every west ham fan I have ever met hates us with an utter passion. KUMB is just the tip of the iceberg. It's all a bit baffling. I guess they're technically our rivals - they're a London club and north of the river. But that's about it, isn't it?

Must be a bit awkward feeling really - since West ham last won a major trophy we have won more major trophies than they have in their entire history. Their biggest success in the past 20 years was against us: Lasagna-gate... wow.

Anyway, it's gonna be a cauldron tonight at the Sandcastle. Their fans will bring the vitriol, the hate, the bitterness, with full effect - it's gonna be noisy. Tough old game for us, this is good West Ham side, Payet is class, but we are a top side and I hope we bring the pain, just like we have been doing all season long.

I was there at the 3-2 Bale last minute winner match... I'm backing the same result tonight. COYS

I've met a couple (well, two) of West 'Am fans during my travels. By and large, they were good eggs: the second bloke even paid for my beer, because, amusingly, I was the only other fan of an English team that he'd met during his time there (this was in Colombo, back in 2008) who could actually name more than three Spam players past and present.

It just feels like it's a desperately manufactured rivalry on their part, to be honest. They know they can never catch Arsenal or (now) Chelsea in terms of trophies won, so they figure they can try to puff their chests out and take on Spurs because we're admittedly the least successful of the big London clubs.

But what they fail to realize is that we still have 20 or so more cups than them, have been a bigger club than them throughout our history, have a bigger fanbase, and will move into the custom-built 61,000 seat WHL just a couple of seasons after they move into their refurbished, taxpayer-funded TITLE-WINNING THEATRE OF BUBBLES or whatever, which in itself comes complete with a running track and will likely sound like a graveyard in outer space.

I think Spam are trying to punch up at us because they're deluded enough to think that they can out-do us in the long term (which corresponds with what Gold and Sullivan generally keep loudly shouting to the press). This includes manufacturing a real 'rivalry', because honestly, I've never felt any genuine animosity towards Spam fans that corresponds to the suppressed dislike we generally share for those with.. poorer taste in football clubs.

Over time, as their newfound yearning for success fails to translate into anything, they'll fall behind and turn to dust, becoming like Crystal Palace or Fulham. And the next London upstart will look at us and think: 'well, we could take *them* on, definitely! After all, they're not Arsenal or Chelsea...only Spurs, southern softies with no bottle who'll always let you down! We're the mighty Welling United/Hayes and Yeading/Met Police, and we'll have those nonces in a heartbeat!'

I think they are an ideal club for a Sugar Daddy buyer, they will have a new stadium with good transport links , located in London (great for tourist fans), some good players and a good manager. All but two clubs in "The F*** you lot" League make money and will make more next year, it's silly to dismiss their potential.

I'm far more concerned about the Man U and Liverpool matches than i am about the West Ham and Arsenal games.

If West Ham were on the run we currently are and were visiting us tonight with the possibility of going top and we currently occupied their position and form i would be bricking it. Add to that the man for man comparison all over the pitch and i'm confident for this evening.

The same for the NLD (except for the player comparisons).

Then again i am just as guilty for thinking that Liverpool and Man U are going to be much more difficult tests for us, based on...errrr....not much actually other than its Man U and Liverpool.

Back to West Ham. Yes they hate us, yes its their last meeting with us before they move and yes with us having the chance to go top they have some extra motivation to feel relevant but we are much too much for them and i think we will win and win well.

My hope is that that doesn't lead us to being overconfident for Arsenal next (which i think it won't) but more importantly we don't pick up any damaging yellows or reds tonight or any injuries from any pumped up spammers going over the top due to the atmosphere.

Lastly if we do win and win well, thats it, we will then be the "clear" favourites and the pressure will be ramped up by the other managers and press, hopefully we can handle that.

Just cannot believe our current league position, last time i felt anything remotely like this was for about 90% of the 1987 season. Unreal.

I'm going for 0-2 or 1-3, us by 2 goals anyway.

COYS

They take the fact that we like to laugh about them and this rivalry as a sign that we're serious about it. With their owners, how can we not laugh a them? The thread in on them in General consists mostly of acts of stupidity on their part. There's very little rivalry going on. After tonight I'll forget all about them again until next time.

It's probably the fact that we don't take them seriously that grates them the most.

Back