• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham***

Hate days like this. Day off and I'm wishing it away until the game! Hope the ref behaves...
I can see a few hard tackles going in early doors to set the tone as they say. I'm all for seeing a tough but fair game of football but I'd much prefer to see one of them sent off :)

I've said all along that there was something very fishy going on with all that, and then the game the gooners won( cant remember which one) where the opposition keeper threw the ball in his own net a few times, to give the filth a vital win.

Martin Fulop wasn't it? After regular keeper Foster got mysteriously injured for West Brom.

Plenty of ammunition there for the conspiracy theorists.

As you say, something very fishy indeed ( pun intended )

So, we have a great chance to move into top of the league for the first time this season if we can win this match. In fact, if we win all our remaining matches, we will win the league, as long as we have greater goal difference ! But don't think it will be as simple as that. I am sure there will be many topsy turvy results along the way. We need to take one game at a time and try to win each one of them ! West Ham has always been a very difficult place for us. They always seems to lift their game against us. Who can forget the lasagna gate saga which cost us the CL place in 2006 ? But we also have many memorable wins there including the Stalteri-inspired 4-3 win in 2007 and the Bale-inspired 3-2 win in 2013. We also did beat them there last season. But after the way we thrashed them 4-1 at home earlier in the season, we can expect West Ham to be fired up to get revenge. So, we need to handle them with care and due respect !

We did well to beat Swansea without relying on Kane's goals. But I think we will need Kane to score again if we want to beat West Ham. Afterall, he is our only consistent goal scorer and he also did score 2 goals when we beat them 4-1 at home. We also need big game from the likes of Eriksen, Chadli and Lamela. Badly want to see Eriksen to score from freekicks as he had not done so for far too long. Apart from his creativity, I think Lamela's defensive duties will be very crucial for us to stop the WestHam attacks as well. Anyway, we just cannot afford to waste too many chances like we did against Swansea. Want us to try those long range shots if we can't break open the West Ham defence.

I think it will be very important for us to control the midfield if we want to win this match. Too bad Dembele is still out injured as his quality would have helped us greatly. Just hope Dier and Alli will be at their best to win the midfield battle for us. But if we do rest Alli hope Mason will come and play to his best avoiding any errors. Payet is their key man. So we need to stop Payet from creating any chances in midfield.

Our defence has been the key to our good results this season. Hope they will continue their good work. But we need to be more alert as other teams can trouble us like Swansea did. Somehow can see Lloris, Alderweireld and Wimmer being extra busy in this match. Want Alderweireld and Wimmer concentrate more on defence than attack. Walker and Rose did well against Swansea. But won't mind if Trippier and Davies start instead. Whoever starts, we just cannot to afford to make too many mistakes as West Ham can take advantage of that.

Can see this being a tough match for us. But if we want to stay in the title race, we need to keep on winning. We are now on a 6-match winning streak in the league. Hope we can make it 7 wins in a row by beating West Ham !

Any latest news yet ?

Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality. It is going to be a tough game but hope we will win it somehow.

I can see a few hard tackles going in early doors to set the tone as they say. I'm all for seeing a tough but fair game of football but I'd much prefer to see one of them sent off :)

Probably going to be one of those "Ah, it's a derby game, let them get away with a lot" from the referee too afraid to dish out early yellow cards in case he's put in a tough red card situation later in the game. Then you get player justice and some revenge tackles, things get a bit out of hand and suddenly the ref has to regain control by handing out yellows for stuff that's not as bad as what he just let go earlier in the game.

Going to be difficult for Dier and the rest to find the right balance in their aggression in circumstances like that...

Its going to be hard tonight, If Carrol starts tonight for west ham we need to make sure we dont give away stupid free kicks.

Lets make sure we come away with some points, they fudged us over in a critical game before, lets make sure it doesnt happen again

We just have to make sure we play our own game. We are better than them so let them worry about us

I'm going for it. Am at a friend's dinner party thing tonight so I'm going to ignore my phone and the score and watch MOTD with no idea of how the game went.

I can do this.

Right?

Some pre-match birthday mojo for these guys:

CcjxmoBW8AEStuN.jpg

I'm going for it. Am at a friend's dinner party thing tonight so I'm going to ignore my phone and the score and watch MOTD with no idea of how the game went.

I can do this.

Right?

wow you're brave. Also how rude to have a dinner party tonight of all nights!

I am VERY nervous about this game.
So please excuse my rambling below
I normally watch the day time Spurs games with 3 of my mates at the beach club.
However, this game is at 10.45 pm our time, and finishing well after midnight.
So, I have my 3 Spurs mates with there partners coming to my beach villa. They will stay overnight, to avoid drunk driving!!

We are currently on my rooftop bar, drinking Tusker lagers.
We also have a BBQ going with:
- Boneless Chicken Tikka
- Turkish Kebabs
- Jumbo Prawns
- Corn Cobs
- And many sauces and dips.

I am preparing some jugs of
stiff bloody Mary.

This helped us the last time, so I hope it works again

One way or the other we will enjoy the evening, watching the stars and hearing the tide coming in.

Whatever the result of this game and the other one is, we must not lose heart .
At worst, we will still be second. With 10 games to play.

I hope this board and the fans don't go berserk about the results.

Rest in peace my fellow supporters - we WILL come good.

COYS

I am VERY nervous about this game.
So please excuse my rambling below

Beach villa. Rooftop bar. Lagers. BBQ. Bloody Marys. Listening to the tide.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'll be doing too. Or nipping out of the office for a few tense hours to watch at a pub before returning to work. We'll see.

Back