• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT *** Tottenham Hotspur v Stoke ***

Lloris
Trippier
Foyth
Dier
Jan
Davies
Winks
Dembele
Lamela
Eriksen
Kane

Bench:
Son
Llorente
GKN
Rose
Sissoko
Aurier
Vorm

Lack of pace I know, but doubt Stoke will give us any room to run in to anyway.
Spurs win 2-1

Last edited:
I'm expecting time wasting, over physical tackles, massed defence and incompetence from the officials, just as well this is the entertainment business.

Sums it up nicely. A day when going to Wembley seems almost a chore rather than an adventure. Kane hat trick would work for me.....

Do we really need to start with 5 defenders vs Stoke at home? To me that is the essence of our late struggles. We don't have enough attack and forward thinking players on the pitch. These are the games we have struggled in. Why go and do exactly the same and expect a different result? This is the time to try something a little different. Why not play, say Lamela as a wing-back. He's good defensively, and adds creativity.

---------------lloris
trippier---dier------vert----davies
-----------winks---dembele
--lamela--------eriksen------son
----------------kane

bench: vorm, foyth, aurier, sissoko, dele, gkn, llorente

Do we really need to start with 5 defenders vs Stoke at home?
It doesn’t really work like that though. We’ve hammered defensive teams last season playing 3 at the back, gives the full backs more licence to play as wingers.

However I wouldn’t be against the 4-2-3-1 though.

It doesn’t really work like that though. We’ve hammered defensive teams last season playing 3 at the back, gives the full backs more licence to play as wingers.

However I wouldn’t be against the 4-2-3-1 though.
How about a 4-1-3-2. Winksy as DM, then Lamela, Eriksen, Dele, with Kane and Son up front.

Watching last seasons demolition of Stoke, I was struck by how many players we had in their box. That is one of the things we have missed this year so far. Let’s hope it changes today and sparks our season into life.

Do we really need to start with 5 defenders vs Stoke at home? To me that is the essence of our late struggles. We don't have enough attack and forward thinking players on the pitch. These are the games we have struggled in. Why go and do exactly the same and expect a different result? This is the time to try something a little different. Why not play, say Lamela as a wing-back. He's good defensively, and adds creativity.

I'm with you on the first bit. At the moment, I'd try 4-2-3-1 for the reason you mention and to try to overcome our recent struggles.

Not really sure that I see Lamela as a wing back though!

I'm with you on the first bit. At the moment, I'd try 4-2-3-1 for the reason you mention and to try to overcome our recent struggles.

Not really sure that I see Lamela as a wing back though!
Most said the same about Ashley Young

We are winless in our last 4 league matches. For some reason, we have been much better in the CL this season. Wish we can translate our CL form into the league. Surely, this is a must win match for us. We cannot afford to drop points here as we are already 18 points behind top of the league now. We have a good record against Stoke, winning 4-0 in all our last 3 matches against them. We need to make use of our good record to continue our winning run against them here.

Kane has not been in good form recently despite scoring in 3 of our last 4 matches. He does have a great record against Stoke, scoring 6 goals in his last 3 matches against them. We badly need him to continue his goal scoring against them in this match. Apart from Kane, we really need others to step up and score more goals in the league. It will help us greatly if Alli, Son and Eriksen score more goals for us. In act, Alli has scored 4 goals and Son has 2 goals against Stoke in our last 3 matches against them. Wish we can get at least 1 goal from Son and Alli in this match.

Our midfield have not been consistent this season due to injuries to Wanyama and Dembele. We badly need both of them back to their best. Eriksen have been in bad form recently. He really needs to step up and improve his form especially by assisting or scoring goals. I think it is time Pochettino starts Lamela in the league now. Lamela is not going to help us much if he only gets to play 15 mins in each match. His creativity and work rate will help us greatly if he plays from the start. I think Nkoudou deserves to get more playing time after his good performance against Apoel.

A bit worried about our defence with Alderweireld out injured and Sanchez suspended. This means we will have to rely on Vertonghen and Dier in defence. The problem is Dier is too error-prone to be a reliable defender. Even my 10 year old nephew says we are playing with 10 men whenever Dier is in defence ! Still not fully convinced of Foyth in defence either. But with our options very limited, we have no choice but to hope Dier to have a error-free match. Lloris too needs to improve his form as he has been too casual in goal recently. It is getting a bit annoying to see Lloris slow to react and just ball-watching whenever we concede goals. We have kept clean sheet in our last 3 matches against Stoke. It will help us greatly if Lloris and defence can help us keep another clean sheet here.

We badly need to win this match to get back into the top 4 race. We cannot afford to drop any more points against the bottom teams, home or away. Hope we will turn up with the right team and mentality to beat Stoke and get back to winning ways in the league.

Everybody dance now!

We really need a good performance and result against Stoke to lift our league form. It is not going to be easy as we are playing away. We need to score an early goal to help us settle down and go for more goals to kill the game off. To do that, we will need Kane back to his best. Let's hope Kane will inspire us to beat Stoke and get back into the top 4 race again.

Can’t see Foyth starting. I think he’ll go Dier at the back with Winks and Dembele in the middle. Potentially will see Sissoko in there too for physicality.

On my way to Wembley. COYS

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

Lloris
Trippier...Dier...Vertonghen...Davies
Winks...Dele
Lamela...Eriksen...Son
Kane​

I like the midfield, think we'll be a handful with that setup. We need a settled midfield for a few games (especially if the FBs are rotated every game, which isn't ideal imo).

Back