• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Southampton, Sun 5th Oct 2014 ***

I know a clean sheet against this lot is a decent result given their previous results and it was pleasing to see how well we restricted their creativity, but for me that was a poor half of football. We really needed someone to grab that game by the scruff of the neck in the second half and control the tempo, instead the ball just kept coming back at us.

Capoue was bursting forward at times when he should've just sat and it almost cost us on more than one occasion, not to mention the dodgy moments he had in the penalty area.
Kaboul was brilliant one moment and a Sunday league player the next. Seriously, why can't he just settle down.

Our passing from the back is non existent as seen by the constant need for Lloris to hit those lofted balls out to the full backs, which again plays us into trouble. Any team that puts us under a little pressure at the back and our composure goes. I'm happy we won and am not suprised it got scrappy, but there are things that I want to see us starting to do.

The football is very TS like, that performance especially - it seemed very unstructured - not sure why though. The fact that its a relief we won says it all, its always a relief now rather than a sense of we are moving forwards. Its all very meh like still.

I think Naughton coming off was actually quite detrimental.

Questions :

1. Ade... What does it take for another striker to start
2. Referees ... How many are on the take
3. Loris... How long before he becomes a Madrid or barca keeper
4. Chadli... What more does he need to do to become a fan favorite
5. Schneiderlin... Do we really need him now ?
6. Lamella .... When will he score ?
7. Poch... Will he settle for counter attacking as our raisin d'être
8. Verts ... What can we do to keep him
9. Kaboul..... Is there better than him
10. Rose....when will he get the recognition he deserves (motm)

1. GHod knows. Kane must be very frustrated.
2. Many. Not the one today, I think. He just had a bad day.
3. Next summer **** will be stirred.
4. Getting better and better. Another good game today, so close to get a goal. One of our best this season, should be appreciated.
5. Not from today's game, I think. But if Poch wants him, that's good enough for me.
6. This October. Fact.
7. I don't speak French.
8. He'll stay if he gets playing time at centre back. I think.
9. Yes. But he's really, really improved after a shocking start to the season. On current form he's a starter, but I fear the next brain fart. I'd rather we didn't have him as first choice though.
10. Probably never. Doing well though. Definitely deserves being first choice.

Typical spurs performance in that we struggle to score, let the game meander in the second half and then panic in the last fifteen minutes. something has to be done with Adebayor. How many genuine shots on goal does he average a game? For a forward he just does not work the opposition defence enough. Must not start next week.

Nailed on to start next week.

For Togo.

I mostly argree Cochiese and DHSF. This would have been very different discussion if we'd let in an equaliser, and a touch more quality from southampton and they could have scored a couple.

But they have been a good team. We have not been playing all that well and are a work in progress. Our midfield does not tick. We don't look a settled team which is to be expected as this team has played together just once before! So plenty of positives. Sorting the middle two - Capoue and Mason - so they can run the game would help. Oh for Modric as Steff said earlier on.

Would you have said that had sotton slotted one of those chances home and it'd finished 1-1? They had more chances to level the match than arrse did last week.

But overall we were the better team no doubt.
I don't think that it would have changed the positives if they had got an equaliser. We obviously need to be more clinical in attack but I think that will come and I see our more positive approach today as something that will help that.

I think we were very good today and even though it was only 1-0 that was our second best performance of the season.

Good 1st half, not so good 2nd. Still a work in progress, but there are signs of a team coming together.

We need that midfield player who can put his foot on the ball, avoid a challenge and play the pass. It doesn't have to be an amazing pass, just get us going in possession. Its not just the player to do this, it was also a lack of options to pass to often. Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli all looking to break forward, and no one in midfield to pass to.

We need that midfield player who can put his foot on the ball, avoid a challenge and play the pass. It doesn't have to be an amazing pass, just get us going in possession. Its not just the player to do this, it was also a lack of options to pass to often. Eriksen, Lamela, Chadli all looking to break forward, and no one in midfield to pass to.

that maybe so about a midfielder who can dictate play, but those 3 just dont seem to be on the same wavelength with each other

646x270.jpg

that maybe so about a midfielder who can dictate play, but those 3 just dont seem to be on the same wavelength with each other

Give them time. It takes a while to be so familiar with your team mates that you know the move they will make before they make it.

Great to see the reaction of the players at the final whistle, the more often they put a shift in like that and get results the more they will buy into the ethos.
Build from the back, clean sheets are the starting point and everything else will come.
As Good as Chelsea are at the minute it all stems from them being superb at the back, marshalled by a hateful man but a great defender!
Thought that was as good as Lamela has been, needs a change of luck in front of goal though.

I thought I saw more intuitive connections between lamela and Eriksen today. Chadli is good going for goal., so happy for him to trade places with Ade in the game. I still think we lack a striker that runs the channels or attacks the space behind the last man. Eriksen and lamela would thrive for opportunities like this.

I still think Dembele could be the man if Poch can coach him properly.
We all know how he can waltz past other players, just needs to know what to do with the ball afterwoods.
Definitely a player that has never really fulfilled his potential...

I thought Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli and even Ade looked much better today, not perfect but Ade actually winning a few things certainly helped. Lamela really does have an eye for a pass. Eriksen was a lot better than in previous weeks and capped it with a fine goal. Chadli used his frame a lot better and so unlucky not to score.

Liked Capoue and Mason, and thought our full backs were all good especially Rose again.

Vertonghen was solid today, Kaboul was probably the rockiest of all but he was ok apart from his one major balls up that we got away with.

Back