• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast's Biggest Club

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
On the bright side, the fixtures ease off for a while after this weekend. Hopefully, Mourinho is right and that they have been hampered by not being able to work with the players on the training ground. A couple of new signings to freshen things up and things could be looking different at the end of the month.

milo@ ...inspiration of the year!

I like the optimism, but we all know how difficult January can be to sign players so getting any 2 of a RB, CB or DM in is likely to be very difficult. Agree though that a commanding CB and a RB (say) would help things look better. I'm not holding my breath though!

I agree that it won't be easy in the transfer market. There are good players available though, if we are serious.

It was said constantly about Modřic in his first season
I thought the same about Son as Modric when he first joined.

The problem is the Ndombele situation isn't the same.

Ndombele is flaky, weak mentality. Maybe hes the type that has to visualise everything ie to show why it's not going right for him.

I hope he proves me wrong, especially as he hardly has the make up, physically, of Son or Modric.

On the bright side, the fixtures ease off for a while after this weekend. Hopefully, Mourinho is right and that they have been hampered by not being able to work with the players on the training ground. A couple of new signings to freshen things up and things could be looking different at the end of the month.
The way we're playing right now I make us the underdogs regardless of who we play next.

I thought the same about Son as Modric when he first joined.

The problem is the Ndombele situation isn't the same.

Ndombele is flaky, weak meteorology. Maybe hes the type that has to visualise everything ie to show why it's not going right for him.

I hope he proves me wrong, especially as he hardly has the make up, physically, of Son or Modric.

How do we know what his mentality is like?

The way we're playing right now I make us the underdogs regardless of who we play next.

I didn't say anything about who we were playing. We have a week between games for most of January. Hopefully, the coaching staff can do more than prepare for the next game. Mourinho has been talking about this since he arrived, let's hope that it's not just an excuse.

Funny that those spurs fans that agreed with him said our transfer window activities were not anywhere near up to scratch etc got called impatient and entitled among other things.

“Remember the 90s”

Well we don’t have to now.

Yep. Anyone who said we made a mistake not signing anyone got shouted down. A club that hasn’t won anything for a decade making no signings and people thought that was some bold masterstroke? Well it’s contributed to our downfall and hopefully we won’t have to endure such nonsense ever again.

Asking realistic prices for the likes of Rose, Wanyama, Aurier, KWP etc so that we have a chance of shifting them would be useful too....

Rose and Wanyama were close to leaving in the summer, so the fees we're looking for can't be too far off.

Yep. Anyone who said we made a mistake not signing anyone got shouted down. A club that hasn’t won anything for a decade making no signings and people thought that was some bold masterstroke? Well it’s contributed to our downfall and hopefully we won’t have to endure such nonsense ever again.

I've consistently said that it was a mistake and have never been shouted down.

we did sign players, it’s on them and the coaching staff that they have not performed to the required level

it’s on the long term players that their form has dropped too

been a lot of laziness in the organisation over the last year

I agree that it won't be easy in the transfer market. There are good players available though, if we are serious.

100 percent correct

If we can’t get our options this window we should be looking to do what Liverpool did - do the deal now for the summer.

Pretty sure I said third.

And I base that on players playing at the best level they have played in the past.

As it were a discussion on how the manager was fairing you myst have been basing it on the current level of player availabile to him, let's not try and wriggle our way out of it o_O

Back