• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v South Coast's Biggest Club

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mourinho on getting booked :

"I think the yellow card was fair as I was rude. I was rude to an idiot."

Not the way I want to hear our manager speak.

Agreed. Better to be blooding the youngsters.

Problem is finding the core basis for a team.

An attack built around Kane, Son and Lo Celso has some fight. Perhaps add Dele if he can find some motivation again, and Moura as a super-sub

And in midfield Ndombele has shown enough to be a core part of a successful team, with the right CM partner

And at teh back, Davies will never be a world-beater but is solid, and Foyth has potential.

But I struggle to see the two CBs and DM who can form the solid foundation for a successful team

That's exactly what we've bought into. There will be more of that. The problem is that he's not yet bringing the winning results with him.

I think thats the least of our problems at the moment

Whether its show or not, it gives the impression that he cares or is irritated by the crap performances

Other than keyboard warriors on Twitter with fake accounts I didn’t witness much/any unrest at the actual games.

For the record I didn’t want Poch gone but I’d also given up on him turning things around. Pretty much sums up my views on spurs and football these days. Didn’t care either way if Poch was sacked but didn’t actively wish for it either. This team is such a spineless, insipid group of bottlers not even Mourinho, the ultimate winner can seemingly make any difference. If I was Kane or Ndombele I would stop wasting my career and put in a transfer request.

Well you were wrong, you should have backed the manager - the squad was allowed to fall in to a state of disrepair and it is that which has resulted in the last 12 months of form more than anything - Pochettino called it and too many people ignored him.

We aren't improving until the squad gets the overhaul he bloody called for, funny that

No Sanchez or Foyth to blame this time. If the midfield isn't sorted out - forget it. I didn't bother watching today's match. Spent it playing with my kids.

I'm slightly knee jerking here, but if we could keep our signings from last summer, Kane, Son, Lamela, Sanchez and (a positive) Alli, I'd have gladly swapped out the entirety of the rest (bar Skipp and Parrot and other similar youth prospects, of course). So many non performing players.

I agree. Talk of a reformed Mourinho is overdone. The problem is the way that the manager conducts themselves in public transmits to the players. A bunch of sulky petulant players is the last thing we need right now.

Well you were wrong, you should have backed the manager - the squad was allowed to fall in to a state of disrepair and it is that which has resulted in the last 12 months of form more than anything - Pochettino called it and too many people ignored him.

We aren't improving until the squad gets the overhaul he bloody called for, funny that

I don’t have to back him when we went almost an entire calendar year without winning an away game and struggled to beat relegation teams at home. I’m not a Jose fan but Poch lost the dressing room at the end and that very rarely gets turned around.

Well you were wrong, you should have backed the manager - the squad was allowed to fall in to a state of disrepair and it is that which has resulted in the last 12 months of form more than anything - Pochettino called it and too many peopke ignored him

I think this is too reductive a view.

I was getting to that stage by the end too, though not quite caring isn't the right terminology. I was gradually starting to think that wherever the fault lay, Poch was looking unlikely/ was lacking the energy to turn things around regardless. And I didn't blame him. When I heard the news, I was incredibly sad. I looked with disdain as I saw some fans belittle his achievements.

On the background of this was anger and upset at the terrible way the higher ups have managed squad composition in the last 3 seasons and especially the ridiculously self harming year of no transfers.

I think deep down, part of me won't ever fully get over that and the impact its had on the squad, however much some of our fans want to obsess over balance sheets or the training ground etc.

I'm slightly knee jerking here, but if we could keep our signings from last summer, Kane, Son, Lamela, Sanchez and (a positive) Alli, I'd have gladly swapped out the entirety of the rest (bar Skipp and Parrot and other similar youth prospects, of course). So many non performing players.

Kind of where I am, though I dont rate Lamela (7 years at the club, and still not established) and I question whether Sanchez is good enough. I'd also keep Davies give he gives 100%. Whole swathes of the others can go though. Base a team for next year on:

-------------------------------Lloris-------------------------------------

---Foyth---------????????????--------????????????????----Davies

--------------------Ndombele------???????????????-----------------

--------Lo Celso-------------Dele-------------Son------------

------------------------------Kane-------------------------

We need to sign a new base/foundation for a team.....

Back