• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Some european team ***

Sorry but Poch needs to have a word with himself. Starting to lose faith with him. Not difficult to see this shape is terrible defensively constantly stretched. No protection for back four. Going forward looks nice but we can’t defend. Our best sides were always stingy under Poch. Not anymore.

Yes, he needs to get his head out of his arse and realise his mistakes. I can see losing this 5-2 or something like that

I don’t understand why we’ve changed our preparation approach either, the bare minimum we used to expect was that we’d run harder and farther than the opposition*.

*Obviously excluding Leicester who prepared like Lance Armstrong.

I don’t understand why we’ve changed our preparation approach either, the bare minimum we used to expect was that we’d run harder and farther than the opposition*.

When everything else was equal. Now we're running harder and faster trying to put out self created fires.

We did well for 30 minutes and should have scored more goals. We need to be clinical in these games and we weren't. We then seemed to tire after a rapid start, which is fair enough, but we need to be more clever. The last minute of the half... just get the ball clear when you have the chance. We need better judgement when it comes to what we should do at which times. It's not the first time this has happened this season. Clear that ball up the pitch and the whistle goes.

Spot on.

Said it before. Have these players not heard the phrase 'Put it in Row Z'

Even when it was "working" it was skin of your teeth stuff.

This is the thing, looking good in attack (a relief!) Is not the same as "playing well" imo.

I don't think we have played well.

There's nothing under pinning this performance, it's just relying on good players doing good things.

So unlike Poch, really questioning what the hell he is thinking these days

It was their Cup final in all fairness

Sorry but Poch needs to have a word with himself. Starting to lose faith with him. Not difficult to see this shape is terrible defensively constantly stretched. No protection for back four. Going forward looks nice but we can’t defend. Our best sides were always stingy under Poch. Not anymore.

Going forwards looks ok, but we're honestly going to sacrifice kane to play a diamond and have either son or moura up front?

Its so frustrating. Taking the lead means nothing anymore. We easily concede and give it back. Spunked leads in first two games of the champs league this season. Us taking the lead honestly means fudge all.

I think he means that the system leaves too many spaces across the pitch and a team like Bayern can exploit it better than most.

Anyone can exploit it though - we have Winks trying to control CM on his own...we used to have Dier and Dembele in there! He's just far too isolated which makes our defence easy to get at. When we played 4-2-3-1 and the opposition had the ball our wingers picked up their full backs and we looked solid. We now look like conceding 3+ per game

Our centre backs look so susceptible to pace as well. We cant defend with a high line with those two. We may as well have 2 Michael Dawsons.

This is the thing, looking good in attack (a relief!) Is not the same as "playing well" imo.

I don't think we have played well.

There's nothing under pinning this performance, it's just relying on good players doing good things.

So unlike Poch, really questioning what the hell he is thinking these days

Exactly. Ndombele could still play those passes in a proper formation. Even if we were to win tonight, it wouldn't really mean anything. No positive results will until we are playing well in a proper formation that is functioning. We should be aiming to win ALL battles, and that includes tactical.

We're at the point where Poch is choosing to purposely play a bad formation. Very strange. Managers with bad tactics are bad managers.

Back