• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Sheffield Utd ***

So long as we win the xG that’ll keep the ai bots happy - you know who you are.

"I'm sure the AI bots would also be happy if we played an exciting and entertaining game, even if we didn't win the xG battle. After all, football is supposed to be a game, and it's more fun to watch when both teams are trying to win."
-an AI bot

I would play Richarlison

The guy has just come out that he is having issues off the pitch which is causing him mental problems. Let him try and sort them out and come back at his best. Son looked good last week as cf. We have johnson as well coming in to the squad.

The guy has just come out that he is having issues off the pitch which is causing him mental problems. Let him try and sort them out and come back at his best. Son looked good last week as cf. We have johnson as well coming in to the squad.
Perhaps I should have added "... if he wants to play". Feel he needs a boost right now, a home game against Sheffield United may be just right for him.

When would Richalison get back to the UK?

Played in Peru this morning (3am here) so won't get much time on the training pitch before this game.

Probably not the right time to throw him in to try and give him a boost. Let him get back, and start working through what he needs to.

Perhaps I should have added "... if he wants to play". Feel he needs a boost right now, a home game against Sheffield United may be just right for him.
Sure, he might need a boost (although he might've had something of a boost against Fulham), but again, all the issues he's having are of his own making. A lot of players have to deal with life complications... hell, just regular people with jobs have to "just get on with it" at work even after suffering setbacks or losses, etc.
As others have pointed out, Richarlison needs to stop trying so hard. People generally become very frustrated too easily when in this mindset. This issue can be cascading and it becomes a vicious cycle.

Ultimately, with high-level football, the pressure and scrutiny are always there and it can break fragile minds. Any sort of weakness is pounced upon with unrelenting fervor by the media and fans/pundits. Chances can't just be given out because someone needs a boost. The stakes are simply too high, even though perhaps in the long-run, it could seem like a sensible strategy.

I would play Richarlison
I think bringing him off the bench might be best. Firstly because Son, Solomon and Kulu played well last time out and also because I think even our moaning, booing fans would give him a huge reception when coming on that may provide the lift and arm round the shoulder he may have been lacking since his transfer?

Sure, he might need a boost (although he might've had something of a boost against Fulham), but again, all the issues he's having are of his own making. A lot of players have to deal with life complications... hell, just regular people with jobs have to "just get on with it" at work even after suffering setbacks or losses, etc.
As others have pointed out, Richarlison needs to stop trying so hard. People generally become very frustrated too easily when in this mindset. This issue can be cascading and it becomes a vicious cycle.

Ultimately, with high-level football, the pressure and scrutiny are always there and it can break fragile minds. Any sort of weakness is pounced upon with unrelenting fervor by the media and fans/pundits. Chances can't just be given out because someone needs a boost. The stakes are simply too high, even though perhaps in the long-run, it could seem like a sensible strategy.

Agree with everything - excellent post - but for the bolded sentence. I think this is what makes Ange different than other managers, Martin Jol-like to so speak, and looking at our fixtures, the Sheff Utd game might just be the opportunity to help him. Again, if that's what Richy wants.

Agree with everything - excellent post - but for the bolded sentence. I think this is what makes Ange different than other managers, Martin Jol-like to so speak, and looking at our fixtures, the Sheff Utd game might just be the opportunity to help him. Again, if that's what Richy wants.
It's not that I disagree with that approach, but there is the risk that we end up compounding whatever issues he's going through instead of solving them, IMO. At the end of the day, there is some root cause of these issues because we all know Richy can be a very good player. At the same time, I do agree with you in some ways as it's a good opportunity for a hot prospect youth player to come in as well (like Phillips for example). Ultimately, I'll get into why I decide against this approach as a matter of my opinion at the end of my post.

There could be multiple issues here at play, so we're all just speculating (what are international breaks for after all). We obviously both want what's best for the player and Spurs, but I can't help but feel that some time away from the spotlight could be good for him to reset his mentality. Also keep in mind how upset people get when managers change a "winning team" by rotating a little bit. However, in this instance, I agree that we shouldn't need to rotate too much except if players are tired coming back from their international duties.

Finally, to bring it back to this fixture, I am always hesitant to treat any fixture with complacency, especially in the PL. Clubs work their asses off to be in the PL and they'll work their asses off to show they belong (thanks for the reminder, @Baleforce. Yes, we should beat them and I'm not trying to suggest that they have the capacity to surprise us. We have the capacity to surprise ourselves though even though I've enjoyed what I've seen so far of Ange's management. I'm just wary of fielding anything less than 100% strength. Of course, the caveat is that even our strongest 11 could lose at which case we re-evaluate again.

Back