• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Saudi Sportswashing Machine***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I hate to say it on here because people his fan boys who to me are starting to look like Wenger's fan boys will crucfiy me. But when a Brighton fan asked me this week what I thought of Poch and Tottenham this season. I said we might get top 4 because the others are just as indifferent as us, but that I had gone right off Poch, always sulking and moaning in the press or trying to play "mind games" with them.

We have had no clear sense of play for months and he always plays his favourites. Love Tottenham, I rate and admire Poch what he has done for us and the league positions he has got us but from being a 10 in his last season at the lane he has gone down and down, even before the champs league final he had dropped to an 8. I hope he manages to change around but in my rankings i could see him being a 7 by January.

He pretty much does not want to be here and admitted as much that he would have left had we won the champs league. Like holding onto a player who does not want to play for the club it does not always work and I think the same with the manager.

If you’d said this to me 12 months ago, I’d have had you sectioned. But he’s been tinkling me off more and more over the last few months. We’re not asking him to clean the fudging toilets for Christ sake. He’s manager of one of the best clubs in the world. He isn’t doing us a favour by being here and he should sort his own attitude out before he has a go at players.

Kane had two men on him the whole time. I think that Son and Moira's strengths are cutting in and getting between full back and centre half. They had a bank of five midfielders sitting in front of that today.

kane's had at least two men marking him for 8 years, it not normally an issue

he was lazy today imo

Kane had two men on him the whole time. I think that Son and Moira's strengths are cutting in and getting between full back and centre half. They had a bank of five midfielders sitting in front of that today.
Sure, but his touch was awful and desire to get on the end of the numerous crosses was absent.

I hate to say it on here because people his fan boys who to me are starting to look like Wenger's fan boys will crucfiy me. But when a Brighton fan asked me this week what I thought of Poch and Tottenham this season. I said we might get top 4 because the others are just as indifferent as us, but that I had gone right off Poch, always sulking and moaning in the press or trying to play "mind games" with them.

We have had no clear sense of play for months and he always plays his favourites. Love Tottenham, I rate and admire Poch what he has done for us and the league positions he has got us but from being a 10 in his last season at the lane he has gone down and down, even before the champs league final he had dropped to an 8. I hope he manages to change around but in my rankings i could see him being a 7 by January.

He pretty much does not want to be here and admitted as much that he would have left had we won the champs league. Like holding onto a player who does not want to play for the club it does not always work and I think the same with the manager.

I absolutely hate saying this but I think that 2015/16 team capitalised while still somehow failing on the rest of the top five imploding that year at once, and Leicester of all fudging teams took advantage, and the 2016/17 team was vastly under rated, peak Toby and Jan with Dier in a back three, approaching his peak Walker, a beast fully fit Wanyama next to Dembele, Alli and Eriksen both in their best position centrally of Kane pre any injuries when he would shoot on sight from any distance, I get the feeling that maybe just maybe Poch was not the genius pushing us to overachieve, but it was somewhere in the middle, a good coach with what was imo the best starting XI in the league, even last season we lucked our way to the the champions league final, the last two seasons have just seen that 2016/17 team deteriorate along with losing Walker and Dembele.

If you’d said this to me 12 months ago, I’d have had you sectioned. But he’s been tinkling me off more and more over the last few months. We’re not asking him to clean the fudging toilets for Christ sake. He’s manager of one of the best clubs in the world. He isn’t doing us a favour by being here and he should sort his own attitude out before he has a go at players.

He is also I believe the highest paid manager in the prem.

Maybe the is only a certain amount of time you can spend at a club/business. In our history he will be remembered as the man who got us champs league and competing higher then we thought possible. He is starting to sound like Mourinho and I can not stand that man, maybe he needs a fresh challenge.

I'm not sure what to say about that display, other than a few cases of us clicking in 2019 it's clear that our performances have been well below previous seasons and we got what we deserved today, nothing.

It feels like the league has figured us out and Poch has not adapted our style to keep us ahead of our opponents and we are now so predictable to the point that Steve Bruce can come to White Hart Lane and get a result with a team that'll do well to stay in the league this year.

I absolutely hate saying this but I think that 2015/16 team capitalised while still somehow failing on the rest of the top five imploding that year at once, and Leicester of all fudging teams took advantage, and the 2016/17 team was vastly under rated, peak Toby and Jan with Dier in a back three, approaching his peak Walker, a beast fully fit Wanyama next to Dembele, Alli and Eriksen both in their best position centrally of Kane pre any injuries when he would shoot on sight from any distance, I get the feeling that maybe just maybe Poch was not the genius pushing us to overachieve, but it was somewhere in the middle, a good coach with what was imo the best starting XI in the league, even last season we lucked our way to the the champions league final, the last two seasons have just seen that 2016/17 team deteriorate along with losing Walker and Dembele.

Do you know that is not a million miles from where i am. But it was him that got Dembele and turned him into that beast of a player in midfield and improved our fullbacks beyond recognition. He is a very good coach but the was a changing in the guard that he took advantage of.

Really we should be in that position again, except 3 defenders dont want to be here and are playing like they want to be some place else, toby,verts,rose.

Who would you prefer as manager?

There are plenty of top top managers around! He seems to have lost the ability to inspire the team. He needs to inject some mojo into the team. Very difficult if you dont have it yourself.

It's very difficult when you have to control it first time and only have millimetres to put the ball into.
I think he was poor today in most things he did. I acccept he didn't have much room out there, and Son and Moura were stepping on his toes, but he still played badly.

I'm not sure what to say about that display, other than a few cases of us clicking in 2019 it's clear that our performances have been well below previous seasons and we got what we deserved today, nothing.

It feels like the league has figured us out and Poch has not adapted our style to keep us ahead of our opponents and we are now so predictable to the point that Steve Bruce can come to White Hart Lane and get a result with a team that'll do well to stay in the league this year.

Our form is right up there with Watford haha. Changing styles is not the problem because if we were good enough our old style would be getting us points. It is Poch trying to be to clever and switch things around to much and the players not wanting to or not being able to understand it.

Back