• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Racist Rent Boys***

We didn't cope with Monaco or Leverkusen. We didn't really know them as such. Perhaps we were ill-prepared (certainly seemed that way on the pitch). But we are better than that. We are a good team who is going through a bad patch. In the middle of this bad patch we were arguably unlucky not to beat Arsenal on their own pitch who were supposedly bang in form too.

The players will be hurting, and in a way this may well have been the perfect preparation for the upcoming game. What we need to get back to is working harder than the opposition and practising the principles Pochettino instilled in this side. High intensity press. When we do it well we can suffocate teams.

I feel like the game will be better suited to us. To be compact and counter.

I think Poch certainly had in mind to play Vertonghen at left back in the hope Toby would be back or would pair Dier and Wimmer. Now perhaps their performances may cause a rethink, but one thing I am certain of is, is that we know this opposition and will be prepared.

I vented a lot last night, it was the worst we've played for ages. I saw individual mistakes from players who very rarely make them. I expect we will be much improved and have a huge point to prove. Every fan is well within their rights to be pi$sed at yesterday, but by the same token we need to rally behind the team. I'm kind of glad we are playing a game that no one expects us to win and away from home too. Hopefully we will end this stupid hoodoo once and for all and wouldn't it be so the new Tottenham thing to do under Pochettino? Keep the faith COYS!

We didn't cope with Monaco or Leverkusen. We didn't really know them as such. Perhaps we were ill-prepared (certainly seemed that way on the pitch). But we are better than that. We are a good team who is going through a bad patch. In the middle of this bad patch we were arguably unlucky not to beat Arsenal on their own pitch who were supposedly bang in form too.

The players will be hurting, and in a way this may well have been the perfect preparation for the upcoming game. What we need to get back to is working harder than the opposition and practising the principles Pochettino instilled in this side. High intensity press. When we do it well we can suffocate teams.

I feel like the game will be better suited to us. To be compact and counter.

I think Poch certainly had in mind to play Vertonghen at left back in the hope Toby would be back or would pair Dier and Wimmer. Now perhaps their performances may cause a rethink, but one thing I am certain of is, is that we know this opposition and will be prepared.

I vented a lot last night, it was the worst we've played for ages. I saw individual mistakes from players who very rarely make them. I expect we will be much improved and have a huge point to prove. Every fan is well within their rights to be pi$sed at yesterday, but by the same token we need to rally behind the team. I'm kind of glad we are playing a game that no one expects us to win and away from home too. Hopefully we will end this stupid hoodoo once and for all and wouldn't it be so the new Tottenham thing to do under Pochettino? Keep the faith COYS!
We don't do that, and the very few times we do it, we are brick at it.

I would be very disappointed if this wasn't the game that the team as a whole were totally pumped and ready for action in the right way. They should be wanting to go there on Saturday and stick it on them in the right way and make sure that we come out of that game with our unbeaten record intact.

Without Hazard playing to his potential, they really don't have a massive amount else going forward imo but stopping him is always a big problem. If he is stopped then the supply to Costa is limited and he fails to have the impact that they need. I actually think that I would detail Dembele to man mark Hazard and follow him absolutely everywhere.

Don't care how we play really, just want to get at least a point and allow them no room for gloating/crowing. Then we can move on to December and look at harvesting a large haul of points.

Poch said in the post match interview, we need more quality (true) to compete on two high quality fronts and that dropping to the EL would be good (totally disagree - unless we win the whole shebannng and qualify CL that way).

I agree with him being quietly confident because the project is not yet finished. Bit more work to be done.

Our best chance is Costa getting wound up to the point where he gets sent off but refs rarely have the gonad*s to give him a second yellow even though he's on the borderline every game. Could actually see one of ours getting a red tbh, probably Dier or Wanyama (he's due one as he got at least 3 at Soton last season).

Other than that, I think we need another master class from Kane to stand any chance of getting a point as we're not playing well at the back or in midfield.

Given our atrocious record at their place, I'd be over the frigging moon with a point.

Our best chance is Costa getting wound up to the point where he gets sent off but refs rarely have the cobblers to give him a second yellow even though he's on the borderline every game. Could actually see one of ours getting a red tbh, probably Dier or Wanyama (he's due one as he got at least 3 at Soton last season).

Other than that, I think we need another master class from Kane to stand any chance of getting a point as we're not playing well at the back or in midfield.

Given our atrocious record at their place, I'd be over the frigging moon with a point.
Question: Costa is on 4 yellows. If he gets sent off for two yellows, how many games will he suspended? My logic would say 2 games. 1 for reaching 5 yellow and 1 for the red card. But FA don't do logic, so I guess it would only be 1 game. Anyone know?

Toby was down to be back for Swansea from what I read

I hope so. Isn't Jan just one yellow away from a suspension? The last thing we need is him picking up a yellow on Saturday, missing Swansea, and Toby not being fit to play. It's the stuff of nightmares after yesterday.

I hope so. Isn't Jan just one yellow away from a suspension? The last thing we need is him picking up a yellow on Saturday, missing Swansea, and Toby not being fit to play. It's the stuff of nightmares after yesterday.

Yeah he's got 4 yellows

http://www.espnfc.co.uk/club/tottenham-hotspur/367/squad

EDIT: might be a bit dangerous thinking but I'd actually encourage Vertonghen to pick up a yellow as late on as possible against Chelsea so he misses Swansea rather than United the following week. Highly risky but I know which game id rather he miss.

Last edited:
Poch said in the post match interview, we need more quality (true) to compete on two high quality fronts and that dropping to the EL would be good (totally disagree - unless we win the whole shebannng and qualify CL that way).

I agree with him being quietly confident because the project is not yet finished. Bit more work to be done.

We have known that for a while, but each window goes by and we don't fully sort the problem

lloris

walker dier vertonghen wimmer

lamela? wanyama dembele alli

son

kane

after yesterday no manager in the worlde would play dier and wimmer together. wimmer has played left back for Austria so that will have to do.

Eriksen will play most likely if lamela is still out.

fear the worst. I knew our run would come to an end vs chelski, said it 5 or 6 matches ago.

I think Vertonghen has been earmarked for the LB slot, which is why he didn't make an appearance last night. What I'm guessing we'll see:

~~~~~~~~~~Lloris
Walker~~Dier~~Wimmer~~Vertonghen
~~~~~Wanyama~~Dembele
~~Sissoko~~Alli~~Eriksen
~~~~~~~~~Kane

If we remain unbeaten, I shall be very pleasantly surprised.

I don't care what defensive issues we've had, he needs to put Dier and Dembele in the middle. He needs Eriksen, Ali and Son in front - Kane up top.

Then piece together as much of a defence as he can from what's left over. We can't ruin everything good from last year because of a couple of shortages in the back.

I don't care what defensive issues we've had, he needs to put Dier and Dembele in the middle. He needs Eriksen, Ali and Son in front - Kane up top.

Then piece together as much of a defence as he can from what's left over. We can't ruin everything good from last year because of a couple of shortages in the back.
Okay, let's hear it?

Even though Dier, Alli and Kane are ruined from the Euros, Dembele also looks physically broken, and Eriksen has become Milenko Acimovic?

Son is the only one of those 6 with any semblance of form.

Even though Dier, Alli and Kane are ruined from the Euros, Dembele also looks physically broken, and Eriksen has become Milenko Acimovic?

Son is the only one of those 6 with any semblance of form.

How can they be ruined? Dier and Alli played 4 games and Kane only played 3.

Change the thread title for christ sake.

We profess that we are are not like Chelsea and then we have "v Racist Rent Boys"! Talk about pot calling the kettle black!

Back