• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace

Idk why anyone would bother changing at Seven Sisters, by the the time you've waited for the train and then shuffled out of WHL you could have walked or taken the bus
You also have the added bonus of stopping at the Beehive for a pint. I get off the tube at Tottenham Hale these days rather than Seven Sisters.

I was looking at sky short highlights early last night and an other Spurs highlight popped up, it was game against Blackburn in 1966, Greavsie was playing his first game after his bout of hepatitis, he was played on left wing and looked rusty. In second half we got a penalty and there was some debate with Mackay if he should take it, Jim stepped up and scored but it was a ropey shot by his standards, when it went in he fell to his knees and slowly collapsed, game had a lot more humour back then.
Mike England played for Blackburn that day, KW said he was the best centre half in Britain, joined Spurs a few months later.

Someone posted that Johnson has the same number of assists as Odegard, (a player who always seems to be praised for being a genius creative force). I said that even our right back has more assists than Odegard. Enough clues?
Not trying to defend Odegaard (I think he's overrated) but a measure of creativity is not the number of assists you have. Assists just tell us who played the final pass before the goal, that isn't always the key or critical pass in a goals creation.

Not trying to defend Odegaard (I think he's overrated) but a measure of creativity is not the number of assists you have. Assists just tell us who played the final pass before the goal, that isn't always the key or critical pass in a goals creation.
The 'Modric Rule'. He was always mentioned as getting the assist for the assist lol

They're still punishing us for the embarrassment they were forced to suffer over the Liverpool goal-that-wasn't. Just wait till we visit Anfield in May. You'll never have seen anything like it.

Having watched the 2nd half on Spurs Play, I really loved everything about those last 15 minutes. The crowd really pushed the players on! After the equaliser, it was on another level! Crowd really whipped the players forward, and really made a great noise to keep the players pushing, and the reward came swiftly!
Absolutely loved it!

They're still punishing us for the embarrassment they were forced to suffer over the Liverpool goal-that-wasn't. Just wait till we visit Anfield in May. You'll never have seen anything like it.

This is my fear. Should offer to give them a goal start before kick-off and get over and done with

Having watched the 2nd half on Spurs Play, I really loved everything about those last 15 minutes. The crowd really pushed the players on! After the equaliser, it was on another level! Crowd really whipped the players forward, and really made a great noise to keep the players pushing, and the reward came swiftly!
Absolutely loved it!
Mentioned this to Mrs PW listening to it on the river. The upsurge in noise was brilliant

It wasn’t soft IMO
It was clear and a bad miss by VaR
Luckily it didnt cost us points. If we continue to not get them awarded and it does not affect the outcome I will live with it, providing we get the decision when we really really need it, like this Sunday or v Chelsea, or the NLD. I would include Anfield in that too, but absolutely no way are we getting awarded a penalty that afternoon.

No doubt the next pen we get will be in the 89th minute at Bramhall Lane after we have come from a goal down to lead 3-1

Luckily it didnt cost us points. If we continue to not get them awarded and it does not affect the outcome I will live with it, providing we get the decision when we really really need it, like this Sunday or v Chelsea, or the NLD. I would include Anfield in that too, but absolutely no way are we getting awarded a penalty that afternoon.

No doubt the next pen we get will be in the 89th minute at Bramhall Lane after we have come from a goal down to lead 3-1
I think you're being extremely optimistic, doubt we'll get one the rest of the season.

My player ratings

Vicario ....6
Royal.......7
Romero...7.5
Vdv..........8
Udogie....7
Bissoum.7.5
Bentanc..6
Maddis ..8
Kulusev. 7
Werner...8
Son........7
Subs
Johnson 8

Postecoglou 7

Royale was excellent, picking more passes than anyone in the stodgy first half.
Agree 100%. In fact, crazy though it may sound, for me he was a candidate for MOM. His work rate was enormous but more important, he seemed much more comfortable with the role, and looked much more like a complete footballer. A guy behind me in the South Lower always disses him, whatever he does, but I was disgusted to see the low score for him on the BBC website. Of course Romero looked like a Rolls Royce, and VDV made several amazing interceptions/tackles, but Royale was excellent IMO. Good subs from Ange, changed the game.
The person sitting next to me in the East Stand also always digs him out, generally for ridiculous things where Royale has no option on. It won’t be easy to get a better back-up RB than Royale IMO. If Spence isn’t seen as good enough/having a good enough attitude then I’d rather see us hang on to him than spending money trying to upgrade.

Agree. He has his limitations, but in general he's an excellent defender, and always gives everything! He's improved going forward too.
It's good to have two different options. Royale being the better defender and Porro the better attacker.

Very little movement and I think the boys were clueless - I think ange needs more variations and tactics to change things around when nothing is working
My take on the first half (especially the first 25 mins of that) was that Palace were happy to let our two centre backs have the ball, dropping into a mid-block with a very narrow midfield ensuring that our two full backs playing inside had no space and time to receive the ball. That nullified our main way of progressing the ball. I think a lot of teams are likely to do this to us with their tactics teams now having had a decent number of games of ours to watch.

As the team develops I think we’ll have to start to play the ball early out to our wide forwards a bit more often and also ask our centre backs to carry the ball well into the opposition’s half occasionally to break opponents from that shape. Doing those things will then sometimes free up the space centrally for the ball into the inverted fullback.

Back