• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace

Werner done well the second half, he had the beating of his man every time. He kept doing the little cut back but no one was reading it, quite decent little passes to be fair.

He also made several sharp, early runs in the first-half but Udogie checked backwards or across instead opf playing the ball over or through.

Royale was excellent, picking more passes than anyone in the stodgy first half.
Agree 100%. In fact, crazy though it may sound, for me he was a candidate for MOM. His work rate was enormous but more important, he seemed much more comfortable with the role, and looked much more like a complete footballer. A guy behind me in the South Lower always disses him, whatever he does, but I was disgusted to see the low score for him on the BBC website. Of course Romero looked like a Rolls Royce, and VDV made several amazing interceptions/tackles, but Royale was excellent IMO. Good subs from Ange, changed the game.

There is an insane level of confirmation bias employed by his detractors. Simply because he is not Pedro Porro. Strangely, it doesn't seem like anyone else is either, otherwise they'd get picked ahead of him.

To be fair, mate, on here you seldom seem to be happy. If I was Scarlett I’d be thrilled. Extra money in the bank and more importantly, the trust of Ange to be brought on.
How does a young player prove his worth if the only time he comes on is either the last 3 minutes or when the game is fully over and we are just passing it around the back?

Royale was excellent, picking more passes than anyone in the stodgy first half.
Agree 100%. In fact, crazy though it may sound, for me he was a candidate for MOM.
I felt Royal was a big problem because he doesn't have the skill required i.e. he runs hard and gets into great positions and loads of times he is in the perfect position and ... fails.
He's like Sissoko, great engine, great desire, but hasn't got the skill to make that final moment count.

It's not his fault, neither has Davies nor Dier nor Rodon nor VdV it is a very difficult skill to have. But it felt like a huge amount of our gameplan ended up with Royal being THE MAN to finally make the decisive moment and he failed every time.

How does a young player prove his worth if the only time he comes on is either the last 3 minutes or when the game is fully over and we are just passing it around the back?

The managers job is to get results, if he thinks a player can increase the chance of us winning a game he'll play him. The best time to play any young player is in a settled side and we've not had that all season. Both Parrott and Scarlett impressed me as youth players but have struggled in their loan periods, they looked to have a better technique than Lankshear but he looks a goal scorer with that invaluable instinct to be in the right place.

The managers job is to get results, if he thinks a player can increase the chance of us winning a game he'll play him. The best time to play any young player is in a settled side and we've not had that all season. Both Parrott and Scarlett impressed me as youth players but have struggled in their loan periods, they looked to have a better technique than Lankshear but he looks a goal scorer with that invaluable instinct to be in the right place.
Parrot isn’t struggling this season

You sure
7 goals, 3 assist in 1200 minutes
thats a goal or assist every game and a third for a poor side and he has t been playing Cf
they are the equivalent of Forrest
He might be good enough to play at a slightly better Dutch league side, nowhere near PL level though.

By doing what he is told, getting valuable experience of playing the Prem, and not making mistakes. When Ange thinks he's ready he'll get more minutes. And if he has a winning mindset he will be HAPPY to have the minutes he had, and want more.

Are you trying to belittle Johnson, Odegaard, Porro or all three?
Someone posted that Johnson has the same number of assists as Odegard, (a player who always seems to be praised for being a genius creative force). I said that even our right back has more assists than Odegard. Enough clues?

Back