• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace

Think of all those poor sods who have got to throw all their buckets of bile away.
There were plenty of reasons to criticise the performance in the first half. We were completely toothless. We played some first halfs like that under Conte last season and were booed off.

I think questions have to be asked about that set up for the free kick.

We put players left and right but left a huge gap for him to shoot at. Didn't even have to get it over the wall.
You don't cover the whole goal with the wall. That one is on Vicario. It went in in his side. He took a step to the right. It was a good hit, but Vic should never let that one in. It wasn't even right in the corner. It's was a GK error.

You don't cover the whole goal with the wall. That one is on Vicario. It went in in his side. He took a step to the right. It was a good hit, but Vic should never let that one in. It wasn't even right in the corner. It's was a GK error.
It was
I wasn’t sure at first and thought it was just a great hit, but he set the wall up for the ball to go there so it’s on him (after that step)

There were plenty of reasons to criticise the performance in the first half. We were completely toothless. We played some first halfs like that under Conte last season and were booed off.

I suppose I shouldn't be surprised at some peoples reaction as not everyone is aware that in any sporting event both teams have a plan to either win or not lose and this could lead to one not being successful, sometimes the plan does not work either to poor form or opponents tactics, as it's impossible for any opponent of Spurs to play well it must therefore be either the players (who are doing this on purpose) or the manager (because he has 't got a clue) fault. Everyone has an opinion but it gets boring reading the same old rants when things do go our way.

I'm glad somebody else thought that too. I posted something akin to that earlier in the thread. At the time...it felt like we were starting to regress, ableit very slowly, back to those displays.
Thankfully the 2nd half was the Spurs of the opening games of the season and was great to watch if you throw in Son's shot that hits the post, Werners attempt that bounced into the ground and Johnson's first touch when he came on, we could have scored 6

Harsh on a keeper who has been consistently outstanding this season. But (sigh!) some fans expect absolute perfection every split second of every game.

C'est la vie.

I hope Spurs have a chat with Network Rail as only having White Hart Lane open was fudging chaos both before and after the game, there should be no engineering works during the season

What also didn’t help was the extra trains that did stop were all 5 coaches and literally heaving to the point of being unsafe

I hope Spurs have a chat with Network Rail as only having White Hart Lane open was fudging chaos both before and after the game, there should be no engineering works during the season

What also didn’t help was the extra trains that did stop were all 5 coaches and literally heaving to the point of being unsafe

I come from Hertfordshire so usually go to Finsbury Park then get tube to Seven Sisters. Alternatively, sometimes we go to Liverpool Street for a few beers as it’s much easier to get on the train from there than fighting to get on at Seven Sisters. If I go via Finsbury Park then I don’t even bother trying to get on at Seven Sisters anymore as it’s only a 20 minute walk and the train is so packed it’s unsafe.

We expected this, so glad we drove.

I was looking at sky short highlights early last night and an other Spurs highlight popped up, it was game against Blackburn in 1966, Greavsie was playing his first game after his bout of hepatitis, he was played on left wing and looked rusty. In second half we got a penalty and there was some debate with Mackay if he should take it, Jim stepped up and scored but it was a ropey shot by his standards, when it went in he fell to his knees and slowly collapsed, game had a lot more humour back then.

I had my terrace tranny turned up to 11 yesterday throughout the game (a practice I initially adopted in order to drown out all the fake atmospheric brick pre-kickoff) and I STILL literally nearly fell asleep twice. It needs to be publicised somehow at what stage of the game the 10 minutes we're actually going to bother playing football for is going to occur, so we the fans can be ready for it. I might seriously have missed it this time.

Last edited:
Very little movement and I think the boys were clueless - I think ange needs more variations and tactics to change things around when nothing is working

Watched the recording again and yes it was quite boring. However it was a better experience than the last few games as I was getting exasperated by us not being able to hold the ball and exerting control over the other team.

Too bad for Richy , his injury and absence confirms to me that we play better without him. This time we don't lose the ball easily (but we don't know what to do with it).

To me Maddison needs to step up a lot more. He needs to be breaking the lines and progressing with the ball more. Aside from the assist he didn't really contribute much in attack. What happened to him.

While we missed porro in attack , Royal was doing well in defence and had a few crucial blocks early in the game. Probably better than Porro could have.

I come from Hertfordshire so usually go to Finsbury Park then get tube to Seven Sisters. Alternatively, sometimes we go to Liverpool Street for a few beers as it’s much easier to get on the train from there than fighting to get on at Seven Sisters. If I go via Finsbury Park then I don’t even bother trying to get on at Seven Sisters anymore as it’s only a 20 minute walk and the train is so packed it’s unsafe.

Idk why anyone would bother changing at Seven Sisters, by the the time you've waited for the train and then shuffled out of WHL you could have walked or taken the bus

Very little movement and I think the boys were clueless - I think ange needs more variations and tactics to change things around when nothing is working
Could be a need for more variations and tactics. But to me mostly the relatively poor performance in the first half was us failing to execute what is our primary tactic/strategy. For me getting that right more of the time should be the main focus.

Could see it from the start of the second half and even more so after their goal. Subs from us and tiredness on their side was part of it, but not the full story. We played with a lot more purpose, players took responsibility on the ball more often rather than going the safe option.

Need to find ways to "turn that on". Get into that mode without needing a half time break to get there. Probably a confidence thing in part at least. Getting this win in this way should help a bit with that, but work to be done on finding those core principles of play more often.

Back