• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Palace

He’s been here long enough to start forming an opinion. My comment about him was not over the top. I don’t dig him out constantly as was made out.

When he’s started he’s not done enough. Looked ok coming off the bench.
If you listen to/watch the spurs off the shelf pod you’ll hear how hard it can be to move and adapt at a young age. And 22 is still young.

Despite the huge piles of money they make, these players are young human beings, not machines you can plug in that will work well all the time.

That’s not happening. It would be unprecedented and they’d need loads of luck to beat Emirates Marketing Project in both competitions. Surely you’d rather Liverpool just win the league than Arsenal though? Forget about the other trophies.

Well yes, just, but rather it was City than either of that pair

Actually went to game today for first time in while. All in all by far better side and second 45 we were very good. Bit of a state of mind because had we gone 1 up and ran out 3-1 would be less moans and groans. But we deserved the result.

Werner was brilliant today bar the miss, was a real threat. Johnson was a game changer coming on too and his pace looked a massive bonus. MVDV my MOTM though just with composure, but close run by Werner

Decent second half, even before going behind I thought we played with more purpose, started creating chances.

Good to get the win, good to get a decent length spell of good play again. Hopefully we can click even further into gear in the coming matches. Think that second half performance and win from behind might be a good boost for the players.

Reactions: jrh
Actually went to game today for first time in while. All in all by far better side and second 45 we were very good. Bit of a state of mind because had we gone 1 up and ran out 3-1 would be less moans and groans. But we deserved the result.

Werner was brilliant today bar the miss, was a real threat. Johnson was a game changer coming on too and his pace looked a massive bonus. MVDV my MOTM though just with composure, but close run by Werner
Was thinking exactly the same thing, had we gone 2 up then they’d get one back and we’d scored a late third then the narrative would be hugely different.

We were clearly the better side throughout, first half we edged it but played poorly and slowly, second half we were very good and they scored with their 1st visit to our Half.

Was thinking exactly the same thing, had we gone 2 up then they’d get one back and we’d scored a late third then the narrative would be hugely different.

We were clearly the better side throughout, first half we edged it but played poorly and slowly, second half we were very good and they scored with their 1st visit to our Half.

Also I thought a massive plus is we seemed to keep a better shape out of possession, lot less gung ho spaces on break as in previous weeks

Positive I did not do it last game thanks.

I may indeed be getting mixed up, it was before a last minute winner from Johnson so it would have been the game before I guess.

No one is saying he's been perfect but I would stand firmly by the idea that some of the criticism has been OTT particularly on the OMTs. But I do get that the OMTs are generally the place for potentially being a bit overly emotional during the game. If it seems like I'm lying in wait to snipe at you or others once the dust has settled then I apologize, but I do think the players deserve a bit of patience, especially young signings settling in. Its a cliche but he didn't choose how high his fee was but also on assists alone he's doing a lot to repay the faith shown.

The key thing is developing him to do it from starts rather than becoming the go to super sub, but that's possibly for next season, what's happening now is working fairly well. Two assists today isn't bad going!

Thought that was a return to form in the second half. Maddison was back to his level, VdV imperious and Bissouma played well, intelligent headers for us to regain possession. Johnson should start above Kulu on the right, fits the gameplan better and has good end product. Wouldn't mind seeing Kulu on the left though Werner should start next game. Royale was excellent, picking more passes than anyone in the stodgy first half.

I think questions have to be asked about that set up for the free kick.

We put players left and right but left a huge gap for him to shoot at. Didn't even have to get it over the wall.

I may indeed be getting mixed up, it was before a last minute winner from Johnson so it would have been the game before I guess.

No one is saying he's been perfect but I would stand firmly by the idea that some of the criticism has been OTT particularly on the OMTs. But I do get that the OMTs are generally the place for potentially being a bit overly emotional during the game. If it seems like I'm lying in wait to snipe at you or others once the dust has settled then I apologize, but I do think the players deserve a bit of patience, especially young signings settling in. Its a cliche but he didn't choose how high his fee was but also on assists alone he's doing a lot to repay the faith shown.

The key thing is developing him to do it from starts rather than becoming the go to super sub, but that's possibly for next season, what's happening now is working fairly well. Two assists today isn't bad going!
That’s all pretty fair.

Look i am guilty of being overly emotional in match threads i openly admit that. Some bad takes in the heat of the moment.

I felt it was a bit of a snipe at the time. I don’t feel like I’ve been overly critical. Yes maybe it’s too early to judge him. I’m not one that constantly digs him out every single match thread. Certainly on occasion I definitely do.

Up until his assist he had been a little flat footed slow to react hence what I said in thread. He certainly made me shut my mouth.

I still think it’s a big price tag. I feel he may be best suited to an impact sub and time will tell. We will see.

Same goes with Werner I said he was crap after couple of poor finishes. Reactionary comments. His finishing can be crap at times but he goes and finally hits the target. That’s how it goes.

I think questions have to be asked about that set up for the free kick.

We put players left and right but left a huge gap for him to shoot at. Didn't even have to get it over the wall.
It was odd as it was a huge hole
But then it was a great strike

Royale was excellent, picking more passes than anyone in the stodgy first half.
Agree 100%. In fact, crazy though it may sound, for me he was a candidate for MOM. His work rate was enormous but more important, he seemed much more comfortable with the role, and looked much more like a complete footballer. A guy behind me in the South Lower always disses him, whatever he does, but I was disgusted to see the low score for him on the BBC website. Of course Romero looked like a Rolls Royce, and VDV made several amazing interceptions/tackles, but Royale was excellent IMO. Good subs from Ange, changed the game.

Back