• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v palace - **

Michael Oliver is 10 times better than any of the other refs in the PL. You hardly notice him in games, which is a very good sign.
He let's the game flow, but still manages to keep control, and doesn't allow it to get nasty. Very good referee.

I seem to recall a few bad ones from him, but yesterday was a good game, something I can't recall thinking in a very long game (e.g. the ref for Villa was awful)

Every time I watch Palace I get reminded of how fudging annoying it is to watch Zaha play, the guy went down from a tussle with Gil

Interesting though that last night's 4-0 win probably hinged on a terrible decision from Ayew to shoot in the first half instead of making a 5 yard pass to Olise in acres of space who would've been 90% likely to make the game 1-0 to Palace. Games really can be altered on small moments, for example I think we would've found a way to win that game against Villa at the weekend had Lloris not spilt that tame shot.

Agree, it's also difference between first and second halves

- We started well in both
- First we didn't get a goal in our dominant period, Palace got back into game and pressured us
- Second, we scored early twice, confidence is up and we played them off the park.

Interesting though that last night's 4-0 win probably hinged on a terrible decision from Ayew to shoot in the first half instead of making a 5 yard pass to Olise in acres of space who would've been 90% likely to make the game 1-0 to Palace. Games really can be altered on small moments, for example I think we would've found a way to win that game against Villa at the weekend had Lloris not spilt that tame shot.

Absolutely. Along with some poor performances we have had more than our fair share of conceding from the (or one of the) first half chances opponents had against us in recent months.

Definitely, without playing particularly well we were comfortably the better side up to the point Hugo fudged up. We were awful after that though and ultimately deserved nothing from that game.

i think you referenced it on another post but we are massively lacking in confidence right now, everything is a struggle and feels like every mistake gets punished. Hopefully last night will go someway to getting the confidence back.

Back