• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest FC ***

If he threw an arm it should be red, it’s not about the force, it’s the petulance.

The other lad did the right thing making a meal of it, I expect the same of our players, get a many bookings for the opposition as possible.
Behave. There is nothing in that.

and this comment here is what is wrong with the game. Playing up to it instead of stamping it out.
Agree strongly! I can't stand the play acting, like the Ben White Estinpian one, and every time someone gets a slight brush to the face. It's awful, it's cheating and VAR should be looking at that the play actor and sanctioning them. It should be the same as diving.

Great win. Overall a positive performance. We have to stop giving away silly goals like that (what was Udogie doing?). When we concede after being on top, it seems to destroy us mentally for a period and we lose all control. Wood scored in the 27th minute and until the 40th minute we looked all over the place, and unfortunately we do it quite often. Take those 13 minutes out and we dominated them.

Last edited:
No disagreement there. No disrespect to Forest but we didn't look much better than them as we should. Just based on the last few games I am not confident playing against the top three soon.
That three scare me too haha

TBF I thought Forest were fairly decent and dangerous at times. Best I've seen Forest since the Crying game ;)

If he threw an arm it should be red, it’s not about the force, it’s the petulance.

The other lad did the right thing making a meal of it, I expect the same of our players, get a many bookings for the opposition as possible.

I agree on the punch, the stupidity of that is just off the scale, maddison has been in the refs ear all game highlighting their tussle asking him to keep an eye on him, and then he does that!
Don't agree on the play acting, actually think var should be used to cut that out.

That Yates is a Harry Hunt, we need to deal with blokes like him better though, they seem to have our mark as much as I wanna see them lumped. Got away with one slightly there
The way to deal with players like him is a stronger captain.

He could have been off twice before that incident both on severity and accumulation of fouls.

The ref let the first 4 go and we let him. He was then reluctant to do anything with a player on a yellow. We need a captain that's in the ref's face and pointing this brick out from tackle 1, not foul 5.

I agree on the punch, the stupidity of that is just off the scale, maddison has been in the refs ear all game highlighting their tussle asking him to keep an eye on him, and then he does that!
Don't agree on the play acting, actually think var should be used to cut that out.
Conversely I can't see how in the video age that play acting isn't being sorted. It's odd considering the impact on refs subsequent decisions etc. Would be a much better use than currently

Late view from the game

Flow of game was obvious, we were on top at start, got early goal, once they scored we lost our way, 2nd half back on top, finished reasonable comfortable.

Good stuff
- Micky & Porro (especially Porro as he's one of the few we have that shoots on first instinct) scoring
- Ange making changes early
- Bentancur looking closer to the player we know he is
- 3 points, all these games are get it done games

Not so good
- Udogie and entire back line need to do better for that goal
- Maddison, still not close to his earlier season form, when does GLC start?
- Deki, even his sub performances are bad, can't see him starting anytime soon

On to the next one.

The way to deal with players like him is a stronger captain.

He could have been off twice before that incident both on severity and accumulation of fouls.

The ref let the first 4 go and we let him. He was then reluctant to do anything with a player on a yellow. We need a captain that's in the ref's face and pointing this brick out from tackle 1, not foul 5.
Sonny is way too pally with the refs, needs to be a bit more nasty. Not sure he has that in him though

Why was the Forest player not given a red card in the 2nd half? Wasn’t it EXACTLY like the Romero red v Chelsea? It was also a million times worse/more dangerous than what Biss got sent off for in the away game.

I couldn’t hear the commentators at that point but was any mention made on that, I’m guessing not as Alan “Porro sliced it” Smith was on comms?

This is the way we play, both our fullbacks turn up in box or at level with it over 50% of the game, this leaves us with 2 outfield players defending our half, the holding midfield player need to be more disciplined in there covering. We were sloppy with our passing in first half which is the main problem and took too many touches and wanted to walk the ball into the goal. Our front players offer no physical presence or aerial threat so our passing must be quicker to them. Frustrating at times but at least we are trying to attack rather than passing to the sake of it.

Good game overall. Like others disappointed with how we conceded and how we responded to that. But good to see us bounce back with a strong second half, helps to have good players on the bench.

Udogie rightfully getting criticism for the goal, but also think both Bissouma and VdV could and should have done better.

Back