• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Nottingham Forest FC ***

This is the way we play, both our fullbacks turn up in box or at level with it over 50% of the game, this leaves us with 2 outfield players defending our half, the holding midfield player need to be more disciplined in there covering. We were sloppy with our passing in first half which is the main problem and took too many touches and wanted to walk the ball into the goal. Our front players offer no physical presence or aerial threat so our passing must be quicker to them. Frustrating at times but at least we are trying to attack rather than passing to the sake of it.

Yes to all

Good game overall. Like others disappointed with how we conceded and how we responded to that. But good to see us bounce back with a strong second half, helps to have good players on the bench.

Udogie rightfully getting criticism for the goal, but also think both Bissouma and VdV could and should have done better.

The last few games, it's shocking how much difference our bench can make.

Good game overall. Like others disappointed with how we conceded and how we responded to that. But good to see us bounce back with a strong second half, helps to have good players on the bench.

Udogie rightfully getting criticism for the goal, but also think both Bissouma and VdV could and should have done better.
Yea agree with this, Udogie will prob get the majority of the blame but I think a good number 6 smells that danger and covers Udogie’s runner there.

Why was the Forest player not given a red card in the 2nd half? Wasn’t it EXACTLY like the Romero red v Chelsea? It was also a million times worse/more dangerous than what Biss got sent off for in the away game.

I couldn’t hear the commentators at that point but was any mention made on that, I’m guessing not as Alan “Porro sliced it” Smith was on comms?

I understand the comparison to Romero’s but I’m glad it wasn’t a red card. There was no intent to do anything, it was just a follow through from an off balance pass/clearance. No malice, no danger…I wouldn’t even give free kick to be honest, but that’s where the game is so yellow card and move on.

I think the same for Romero’s, but would add that he did seem to add extra force in the follow through from memory.

Edit: to add to that, it feels like everything is judged in slow motion these days with little regard for just how quick a game football is. The expectation that everyone is in 100% control at all times is misguided. Things like that happen and it would be very harsh on Forest not only in that game but because they’d lose a key player for a game or 2 afterwards.

Who is ?
Maddison, son?
Neither did anything today other than play slow

Both are better than Lo Celco. Who can be a good camero player. Agree Son and Maddison didn't have the best game, but even when off form, they are better by a stretch.

Both are better than Lo Celco. Who can be a good camero player. Agree Son and Maddison didn't have the best game, but even when off form, they are better by a stretch.
If all are on form I’d agree
But son and Maddison are really struggling
They are both playing on top of each other and smothering their games

If all are on form I’d agree
But son and Maddison are really struggling
They are both playing on top of each other and smothering their games

Yet both did about the same, maybe more than Lo Celco did, despite this? For me Lo Celco needs too many chances. He had a shot at the end and just blazed over.

---

Villa have won just once in their last 5 games! But we need to be better ourselves.

Ange needs to sort our midfield. And get our forwards shooting quicker. The biggest criticism of Maddison and Son is they like to set themslves before shooting. But in a game like yesterday (low block which everyone plays against us) they need to shoot first time someo of the time, without taking a touch. The touch allowed defenders who are packed in the box to block or the keeper to anticipate.

On the midfield piece, it is a bit of a historic issue we have. PEH's passing when he has no time, is woeful. No other way to put it. When he has time to compose himself he's great. Just those moments where others can play on instict, PEH can't and wilts with terrible passes sometimes. But its not frequent. And the rest of his game is better than Bissoumas. Overall he is better than Bissouma. Bissoumas awareness is his main weakness. PEH so much more alive to threats and just spacially he knows where he is on the pitch. Bissouma, as under Conte, is putting his focus into his positioning, and his game suffers I think. Plus his positioning and covering is still not good.

Does that mean Ange should choose Sarr and Bentancur? Maybe. Or Bentancur and PEH, with Sarr and Bissouma as super subs and cover? With us entering the transfer market to have Bentancur + New Signing and Sarr as first choice backup. What has happened to Skipp btw? Could also have Maddison play deeper. Bentancur and Maddison would be a strong skillful pairing imo. But right now, we need more guile upfront not less.

Last edited:
When off form they are not better. Which is why Gio should be given consideration to start.

On the evidence of yesterday? Son and Maddison involved in many phases of attacking play including the goals/ almost goals. Was Lo Celco? Can't really remember him doing anything.

On the evidence of yesterday? Son and Maddison involved in many phases of attacking play including the goals/ almost goals. Was Lo Celco? Can't really remember him doing anything.
Lo Celso came on via Luton and changed things
Yesterday was a different game but I’d argue that Sons assist was about as important as a goal kick. The reason we got the goal was the smart play from Johnson and the rocket shot
Maddison’s cross was key but it was arguably his first actual quick pass all game that met a spurs player
No one is arguing their quality but their form has been poor and they should have been replaced much earlier in games

INCIDENT: Tottenham's James Maddison appears to strike Nottingham Forest's Ryan Yates in the stomach in an off-the-ball clash.
DERMOT SAYS:
"This was really interesting because it got flagged by VAR. I listened to the VAR. Maddison had already got a yellow card and I thought it would be a very interesting decision.

"The VAR came to the decision, and I quote, 'no evidence of violent conduct'. That's his choice.

"What I will say is, the referee has to be guided by VAR because he doesn't see it. VAR doesn't send him to the screen so he doesn't see the incident again. If he did, who knows what decision he would make?

"I think Maddison is really lucky. If you do that on a football field and you get sent off, you haven't got a leg to stand on.

"The referee hasn't had a chance to look at it because of the VAR protocol. It hasn't met the threshold."

INCIDENT: Forest's Danilo catches Giovani Lo Celso with his studs after making contact with the ball.

DERMOT SAYS:
"It's a yellow. He clearly gets the ball. He follows through but you can see he's trying to pull out.

"He gets a lot of the ball. I think the referee judges it really well. Yellow card for me."

INCIDENT: Forest's Danilo catches Giovani Lo Celso with his studs after making contact with the ball.

DERMOT SAYS:
"It's a yellow. He clearly gets the ball. He follows through but you can see he's trying to pull out.

"He gets a lot of the ball. I think the referee judges it really well. Yellow card for me."
This is where things are so inconsistent. Romero also got a lot of the ball. Either a follow through is dangerous or it isn’t. My thoughts are that when you are attempting to kick the ball hard your follow through will always end up knee high. Any player who strikes the ball halfway up or below and then doesn’t make a second movement in their follow through shouldn’t be red carded IMO. Nketiah’s ‘tackle’ on Vicario in the game at the Woolwich Wanderers earlier this season was WAY more dangerous than either the Romero or Danilo incident. Had Vicario kept that leg planted then he would’ve been out for the season and it could perhaps have been a career ender.

Var couldn't send the ref to the screen if they think it's only a yellow card.

So unless they thought it should be a straight red, they can't do anything about it.

Each week they change their minds on the rules.
We have seen, ourselves, and other teams penalties when players get the ball, and follow through on players. Other weeks it's fine.

This is where things are so inconsistent. Romero also got a lot of the ball. Either a follow through is dangerous or it isn’t. My thoughts are that when you are attempting to kick the ball hard your follow through will always end up knee high. Any player who strikes the ball halfway up or below and then doesn’t make a second movement in their follow through shouldn’t be red carded IMO. Nketiah’s ‘tackle’ on Vicario in the game at the Woolwich Wanderers earlier this season was WAY more dangerous than either the Romero or Danilo incident. Had Vicario kept that leg planted then he would’ve been out for the season and it could perhaps have been a career ender.
The Nketiah one was unreal
It was savage and cowardly all rolled into 1!!!

Yea agree with this, Udogie will prob get the majority of the blame but I think a good number 6 smells that danger and covers Udogie’s runner there.
Absolutely agreed I'd lay more of the blame on Bissouma. Udogie is out there with the winger, Bissouma needs to be the one who sees the space and follows the man, then VDV doesn't have to cover over leaving the gap that then Romero has to also cover. For me that goal started from Bissouma's lack of awareness.

Shouldn't haven't even been a foul. How can I kick my ball and my leg hits you afterwards and that's a foul. Absolute madness.
Exactly right. I mentioned earlier in the thread, it's crept into the game due to every single action being slowed down and reviewed by VAR. If you look at someone's foot catching someone on in the next 50 times in super slow-mo of course it will look bad. It takes away all of the context of the action.

Back