• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Monaco***

So even with a bigger pitch the opposition are able to sit back and deny us space and chances. So much for the excuse that the WHL pitch was too small

I still think we failed in not signing another highly creative player to help the team in the last third.

I agreed with what Jenas said, that we looked most dangerous when we used width to attack them, but we let them off the hook too many times trying to switch to other options.

It wasn't a bad performance, bar two defensive capitulations.

I thought we looked a bit in awe of the CL. Gave it, and the massive stadium event too much concern, when we needed to knuckle down and just play well. It short we played the occasion and not the game first half.

I would have left Son on,taken Lamela off. Son's fired up and in form. And a bit quicker than Lamela over a short distance I think.

I would have left Son on,taken Lamela off. Son's fired up and in form. And a bit quicker than Lamela over a short distance I think.

More likely to have bagged us a goal, but was arguably the more marginal player when subbed.

I thought we did enough to at least get a draw but we let in two soft goals and they were really well organised

Glik was particularly good in defence and I thought silva was a constant threat

We didn't take the chances that we had and there were plenty which is most frustrating and made the result look worse

It was one team on the pitch in the 2nd half. They had 2 shots and scored with both. Kane was almost as wasteful as Cavani was yesterday. Good performance, bad result. Now we need to win our next game. Won't be easy!

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

Plus, that Bernardo Silva is a fantastic player. Put in a brilliant shift defensively, got his goal, and dribbled past whomever we deputed to mark him (which ranged from Walker to Dier to Davies, given how frequently he drifted across the field) time and again. Exactly what we're missing in that AM band.

Plus, that Bernardo Silva is a fantastic player. Put in a brilliant shift defensively, got his goal, and dribbled past whomever we deputed to mark him (which ranged from Walker to Dier to Davies, given how frequently he drifted across the field) time and again. Exactly what we're missing in that AM band.

Best player on the pitch tonight was Bernardo Silva, very impressed.

That nagging whisper that Janssen may not be sufficiently complementary to Kane to cut it as a second striker option (albeit that he might be a decent stand-in) got a little bit louder tonight. He doesn't really look the game-changing type so far.
Interested to know how many of you ever considered him as a game-changing type.

For me , base on his youtube compilation and the "minutes" he has played for us so far.
I see him as a striker converting chances but also able to run into the space and channel , a team player eager to work with teammate rather than someone who can do everything on his own.

Tonight we ran out of idea in the last 20mins which was the time Janssen just came on.
Once we switched to 442, Alli was on and off on the left , Eriksen was barely seen , Dembele was unfit , Dier was off the pace .
The build up and passes were slow , there was no connection from each other.
It was the whole team switched off , there wasn't much he could do TBF , we actually created him nothing.
Beside that , he was involved in two moves , set up Kane's shot which went straight to the keeper, then the pass could have sent Sissoko one on one but just went a bit heavy.

Therefore i am not sure about the criticism of him , even it could turned out to be true eventually ,but is it too early to make the judge before we and his teammates have totally understand what a player he is?

The guy in charge knows what he's doing:

"We conceded a goal after 16 minutes that, at this level and in football, you cannot concede. We conceded the second in the same circumstances as the first. We improved in the second half and had chances to win the game but after conceding the first they started to play comfortably with the ball and with calmness.

"They had only two shots on target and scored twice. We feel very disappointed with the result, we deserved more but you cannot concede like we did."

The second goal was just tinkle poor defending! Dier, what was he thinking? He was in no man's land, just standing at the corner of the box. There was no one there, whilst Monaco were 3 vs 2 by the corner flag. Don't know what he was doing. Thought he had a poor game overall.

Sent with Miele C1 Vacuum cleaner

The fallacy of football fans. One game - and general assesements of a team are made. I bet you're all drunk, but please keep in mind that a single game won't tell you anything about the strength of a team. Two soft goals, we were a bit sloppy and unlucky. No reason to dig ourselves a hole and Bury our heads in it.

Sent from my D6603 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Serious relegation (non-qualification) fears?

haha. Feels like it for me. The second half was worse than the first half but I wasn't particularly impressed by many of our players tonight. We seemed off key, didn't read movement, let opponents get in behind us, and wasted the rare few times of good attacking play. Very disappointing,

The fallacy of football fans. One game - and general assesements of a team are made. I bet you're all drunk, but please keep in mind that a single game won't tell you anything about the strength of a team. Two soft goals, we were a bit sloppy and unlucky. No reason to dig ourselves a hole and Bury our heads in it.

Sent from my D6603 using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Bury? We'd be lucky to best Poole Town! ;)

Haven't read through all this but I didn't think we played too badly did we? A couple of brick defensive errors in the first half but other than that we were alright, deserved at least a draw I thought?

I did watch it in the pub though and sometimes it can be tough to get a real feel for the game like that.

Back