• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

Can't understand all of these suggested teams without Dier included. We know from the past 2 seasons that if Dier is fit, he plays. So assuming Dier is one of the midfield 2, it will be a choice between Winks or Dembele for the other slot and I would go for Winks. Also expect to see Son up front rather than Llorente and this team:

Lloris
Toby, Sanchez, Verts
Aurier Dier, Winks, Davies
Eriksen, Alli
Son

Subs: Vorm, Trippier, Rose, Dembele, Sissoko, Llorente, GKN

Llorente to get his first goal for us....

Mind you if he's only as good as Eriksen at heading the ball? ..he,ll have to get his shooting boots on...

CoySpurs...........

Old Trafford...the biggest refereeing cheating ground in the country...as we know...

Can't understand all of these suggested teams without Dier included. We know from the past 2 seasons that if Dier is fit, he plays. So assuming Dier is one of the midfield 2, it will be a choice between Winks or Dembele for the other slot and I would go for Winks. Also expect to see Son up front rather than Llorente and this team:

Lloris
Toby, Sanchez, Verts
Eriksen, Alli
Son

Is Son the right choice up top for a side that is likely to sit back? I can see a case for Trippier and Llorente for this one.

Lloris
Toby, Sanchez, Verts
Eriksen, Alli
Son

Dembele has been at least as much of an automatic starter over the last two seasons. Dier actually looked to have lost his place in midfield to Wanyama last season.

I think the most likely is Dier and Dembele to start.
Is Son the right choice up top for a side that is likely to sit back? I can see a case for Trippier and Llorente for this one.
A case can be made for both to start with a midfield trio behind them like against Real and Liverpool. Would mean leaving out two of Dier, Dembele and Winks though (and Sissoko obviously). Dier holding with Eriksen and Alli box to box would be my best guess. Though Winks holding like against Real and Liverpool would excite me more.

I don't think we should leave out Son with Kane missing. Attacking the goal, finding space and striking the ball he really is the closest we've got. Though I definitely get your point about Llorente.

A case can be made for both to start with a midfield trio behind them like against Real and Liverpool. Would mean leaving out two of Dier, Dembele and Winks though (and Sissoko obviously). Dier holding with Eriksen and Alli box to box would be my best guess. Though Winks holding like against Real and Liverpool would excite me more.

I don't think we should leave out Son with Kane missing. Attacking the goal, finding space and striking the ball he really is the closest we've got. Though I definitely get your point about Llorente.

It will be interesting to see whether he plays Dele deep again. He's been struggling a bit further forward so far this season and seemed a lot better against Liverpool with space to run into.

It will be interesting to see whether he plays Dele deep again. He's been struggling a bit further forward so far this season and seemed a lot better against Liverpool with space to run into.
Several interesting choices for Pochettino. Lloris, back 3, Eriksen, Alli and probably Son locked in. Other positions and system I can see arguments several ways. Good to have a squad to select from again, was looking a bit bare bones there a while.

Several interesting choices for Pochettino. Lloris, back 3, Eriksen, Alli and probably Son locked in. Other positions and system I can see arguments several ways. Good to have a squad to select from again, was looking a bit bare bones there a while.

Jonathan Wilson talks about how good Poch is at coaching players on this week's Second Captain podcast, in that we can change personnel, formation and tactics and still look very well prepared. He draws a comparison with Klopp who has been at Liverpool for a couple of years and they still have the same problems as when he arrived.

Not sure how fit Dembele is as he was only trusted with 20 minutes on Wednesday and suspect we are more likely to see him as a sub on Saturday and maybe a start vs. Real

While Kane is a loss I feel that we have a big advantage in our two Dutch defenders and their knowledge of their Belgian team-mate (Lukaku). Having trained with him they'll understand what he likes and doesn't like.

While Kane is a loss I feel that we have a big advantage in our two Dutch defenders and their knowledge of their Belgian team-mate (Lukaku). Having trained with him they'll understand what he likes and doesn't like.

Big games

Jonathan Wilson talks about how good Poch is at coaching players on this week's Second Captain podcast, in that we can change personnel, formation and tactics and still look very well prepared. He draws a comparison with Klopp who has been at Liverpool for a couple of years and they still have the same problems as when he arrived.

He is a bit like a young Wenger. Hope we can win some titles.

Would you know what episode number that was?

edit: Monday - episode 991 by the sounds of it.

Back