• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

Just because they overpaid for many of their players doesn't mean they are any stronger overall.

Judge the squads player for player not on prices paid.

Yes I get where you coming from.
Would a you not prefer an attacking player Martial to Llorente?

my point is we will have to beat manyoo at wembley, i feel we are getting the hang of it now, despite the showing v wet spam

Yeah, agreed - but we'll still be behind our results from last season if we do so.

Last season - we beat Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United at home. Drew with Liverpool.

This season, we have beaten Liverpool and lost to Chelsea. Gained two points, but lost three. And even if we beat everyone else, we will still end up a point behind last season's total at home.

Started reading but didn’t want to get to the bit where we’ve been relegated.

Anyway, at least we’ve got a bit of a stroll in the park next against some European cannon-fodder

Sitting on my porcelain throne using Fapatalk

So? The league is a different beast this year - comparing across seasons only tells you so much

Yeah, agreed - but we'll still be behind our results from last season if we do so.

Last season - we beat Chelsea, Arsenal, City and United at home. Drew with Liverpool.

This season, we have beaten Liverpool and lost to Chelsea. Gained two points, but lost three. And even if we beat everyone else, we will still end up a point behind last season's total at home.

Have you looked at the link for like that someone posts on here

We’re actaully on the same amount of points like for like so far

Have you looked at the link for like that someone posts on here

We’re actaully on the same amount of points like for like so far

Like, in terms of individual results or overall? Individual results versus last season - I think we're down by a bit, because of the loss against Chelsea and the draws against Swansea and Burnley. Overall, maybe we're on the same number of points now as we were at this stage last season - could well be, given our decent away record.

Apart from Dele's chance, all we had to show was a hooked shoot from Dier that had zero power behind it.
Can't think of a single moment I thought we looked like a threat, apart from Deles chance. We created nothing in a game were united was at 70%. As usual we look scared brickless when playing at OT. Have no idea why, because we are a much better team than that lot.

Last edited:
Id prefer son coming in and us starting with kane
Yes. Today with Kane out Llorente looked slow and what he is an ‘older’ ex Swansea player.

But they have better overall quality options and in greater depth.
It’s only because they have the greater financial muscle.

Looking like it’s going to be a lot tighter at the top of the league after today’s results. We need an early Sunday win against Palace next week, then sit back and watch the rest take points off each other.

We threw the game against West Ham. We sent out a weakened side, Poch called the cup crap and said he didn't think winning it was important. Surprise, surprise, we switched off, gave up three goals and lost against a more committed side - Poch admitted as much post-game.

Threw the game, threw the cup because we're apparently far, far too good to bother with such things now. But not good enough to win against a title challenger without Kane, apparently.

As for that bit about margins and it being a tough game, them's the shakes when you make the decision to prioritize one game over another. You choose to save your energy for one game and another is lost as a result, then the judgement will fall on you regarding the outcome in the game you saved up for. And if you lose both, then you really don't have much of a defence to call on - you chose to maximise the chances of getting a result in one game over another, and failed to get a result in either. So, you get stick. And you deserve it.

As Poch would say, 'that is futbol'. If you want to make it about results, you get judged on results.

Far from thinking were too good for the LC it's the opposite. I.e. We're not good enough to fight on all fronts. Once past that point it's then a matter of deciding where we want to focus our main efforts. For Poch it's the league and champions league. I I can't dance with that approach especially when we know from the past two seasons how close we have come. Ok it didn't work out today but I'd rather that was because of in-game reasons rather than due to our first team having played on Wednesday.
I was furious at wednesdays result but not because I believe Poch threw the game.
I would LOVE us to win a trophy but not at the expense of challenging for the PL (which i still believe we will win if Ciry slip) or CL.

And yes we need to win away to some of those we are challenging. We've only played one so far. Not ideal but not quite panic stations yet.

Like, in terms of individual results or overall? Individual results versus last season - I think we're down by a bit, because of the loss against Chelsea and the draws against Swansea and Burnley. Overall, maybe we're on the same number of points now as we were at this stage last season - could well be, given our decent away record.

Overall

We’re up cos of wins against Pool and Everton

And down because of some home results

And it’s not at he same point it’s comparing like for like fixtures

Last edited:
Yes. Today with Kane out Llorente looked slow and what he is an ‘older’ ex Swansea player.

But they have better overall quality options and in greater depth.
It’s only because they have the greater financial muscle.

True

They have spent a fortune

But there also only missing one key player who would play in Pogba who is a big one

They have about £150m+ worth of players out injured + the likes of Mata on the bench.

Yeah but the players they have out are actually poor players

Pogba is over rated but actually is better than Herrera for example

Don’t forget we had Kane out who would cost £200m, lamella £30m, Sanchez £42m and Wanyama who would cost plenty in this market

Far from thinking were too good for the LC it's the opposite. I.e. We're not good enough to fight on all fronts. Once past that point it's then a matter of deciding where we want to focus our main efforts. For Poch it's the league and champions league. I I can't dance with that approach especially when we know from the past two seasons how close we have come. Ok it didn't work out today but I'd rather that was because of in-game reasons rather than due to our first team having played on Wednesday.
I was furious at wednesdays result but not because I believe Poch threw the game.
I would LOVE us to win a trophy but not at the expense of challenging for the PL (which i still believe we will win if Ciry slip) or CL.

And yes we need to win away to some of those we are challenging. We've only played one so far. Not ideal but not quite panic stations yet.

We can't win the league or FA cup yet we believe we can win CL. I thought he who wants to run must learn how to walk first. Lets win a damn trophy first before talking big.

Back