• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT ***Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United***

It really amazes me how one moment can skew the outlook of a whole game so dramatically - that finishes 0-0 and the opinions being posted wouldn't be anywhere near as negative toward the performance.

I'm tinkled off with the defending for the goal, we can't be switching off like that if we want to be at the top - made it so easy for them.
The game I saw had us fairly toothless and not playing like a team that KNOWS each other. While he picked up, Eriksen was dire in the first 10 minutes. Lloris had his dodgy kicking back, Sissoko basically filled space. There wasn't the spark and movement we're used to.

And the weakness of our squad showed today. Against a strong squad.

Dier, however, especially, was IMMENSE. Both defensively and attackingly.

i dunno why too. poch may be thinking contrarian to outguess mourinho. however llorente sub was a like going down to 10 men. a tired Son had more threat.

good thing is that this is the most cowardly performance i have seen from us and its only 0-1 at old trafford

Poor defending for the goal, very annoying. It's just a hoof from De Gea. Pochettino will not be happy about that.

Mixed bag performance from us. We obviously missed Kane a lot, but several of our players were far from their best. United were good, and very solid.

Somewhat strange team selection. I guess Dier gets in ahead of Sanchez on account of being Dier and thus starting. I don't get Sissoko either. Dembele maybe want 100%, but we had options in Llorente (Alli deeper) or Sanchez (Dier in midfield). United didn't really give away counter attacking opportunities, and weren't likely to either. Not a great game for Sissoko.

Neville really let himself today as Well, so biased.
let it slide.
The game I saw had us fairly toothless and not playing like a team that KNOWS each other. While he picked up, Eriksen was dire in the first 10 minutes. Lloris had his dodgy kicking back, Sissoko basically filled space. There wasn't the spark and movement we're used to.

could dier have done more in defending their goal? ( or loris?)

B*llocks. We were weak in that second half- switched off, ponderous, slow. And that goal was coming - we cannot afford to be that way against a Mourinho side, since they take advantage of the chances that we would miss or give up.

Again, rewriting the game to be some sort of even matchup is pointless. Maybe first half that was the case - second half was 400% United's.

It was an even game and I no point did I think we were about to concede - we were frustrated in the final.third and crated precious little but we were not at any pint under the cosh and leaving ourselves open to chances - you, and others, are throwing toys out of the pram because the manner in which we conceded afaic

i dunno why too. poch may be thinking contrarian to outguess mourinho. however llorente sub was a like going down to 10 men. a tired Son had more threat.

good thing is that this is the most cowardly performance i have seen from us and its only 0-1 at old trafford
Don't you remember us loosing 0-3 at OT several years ago? It was much worse

that's cause mou had his lads press us all game, and attack us at speed down the wings, pin davies and aurier back - i didn't see any weakness, or look as if we didn't know each other, but we weren't given the space we'll see against most other teams in the league

it was a very balanced game, neither dominated imo

It was an even game and I no point did I think we were about to concede - we were frustrated in the final.third and crated precious little but we were not at any pint under the cosh and leaving ourselves open to chances - you, and others, are throwing toys out of the pram because the manner in which we conceded afaic
United created more than us in the second half and we looked a bit shaky several times. Meanwhile they defended really well and other than the Alli chance we didn't create much of anything.

Could have gone either way, but they definitely edged the second half.

I thought we were going to concede *four* times in the second half. That ball across that Davies somehow smuggled from the toes of the onrushing United player. Valencia's shot through Dembele's legs that curved past the far post after that corner. Lukaku's run through, before he was forced wide (after which the chance subsided) and shot across Lloris. And the Martial goal, which was coming the moment Dier switched off.

Edit: Also Lukaku's header that hit the post. Five chances, to our one half-chance.

Those were chances that we could not match. The best we could get was the Alli chance, which literally only allowed for one touch at full stretch - hardly a guaranteed goal.

United created more than us in the second half and we looked a bit shaky several times. Meanwhile they defended really well and other than the Alli chance we didn't create much of anything.

Could have gone either way, but they definitely edged the second half.

I'd agree with that, the key word being edged - the way some are carrying on you'd have thought we were battered from pillar to post. United edged a second half and had a few half chances - we had the best chance of the half and should have went one up, we didn't take it and fell asleep to a long ball gifted them a goal - another day Alli takes his chance or Dier stays awake and everyone is commenting on a professional away performance to a side challenging for the title

Back