• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United ***

I watched his 100 goals compilation on Sky the other day so many of his goals were rockets from long distance, he is one of the best

It's even worse than that if you watch the 100 goals and compare what Conte asked him to do

- You have a few "classic" Son goals, the hit turning in on his other foot from wide areas of outside penalty box -> he was instructed not to do thAt
- You actually have more goals with him being the man coming in at the far/back post at the end of an attack -> he was told to leave that for WBs
- The vast majority of the goals the ball is played in front of him -> he was told be central which typically means he's receiving the ball in a congested area, no space to run into and probably with his back to goal

Yes, there is an interview (Spurs on pitch team) post the last game that he had scored from outside the box

Basic summary, he feels comfortable/capable shooting from those outside box/diagonal from goal positions but tactically was instructed not to shoot, not to leverage the wide areas (leave that to WBs) and basically find himself central (hence why he ends up with his back to goal/defenders all the time).

Yes, it's fudging criminal mismanagement

Exactly this. Son was ruined this season by Conte asking him to play a different and more defensive role. To also instruct him not to shoot from distance is absolutely criminal imo. On the same subject, Kane also seems to shoot less from range as well. I wonder if the clame also told him the same thing.

It's a good point, both Son and Kane had great seasons last season in 3-4-3...but I think teams wised up to us though, and as such it has been far, far tougher this.

Last season we had a functioning midfield pairing in Bentancur and PEH. We also didnt have that waste of space called Peresic and an in-form Kulu (?one half season wonder?). Kane and Son were left to do what they do best.

Yes, there is an interview (Spurs on pitch team) post the last game that he had scored from outside the box

Basic summary, he feels comfortable/capable shooting from those outside box/diagonal from goal positions but tactically was instructed not to shoot, not to leverage the wide areas (leave that to WBs) and basically find himself central (hence why he ends up with his back to goal/defenders all the time).

Yes, it's fudging criminal mismanagement

Wouldn’t surprise me if we see players like Son and Kulusevski revitalised when we get a good manager. I think Kulusevski changed his game too in a similar way and it has cost him too. He needs to be getting out wide but cuts in too much which I don’t think suits his game.

They've not wised up. Son has said himself that he was told to play a different role, and even discouraged from shooting from distance! Incredible stuff really, telling players to stop doing what they're best at!

I think it has been a combination. Sides certainly wised up, and Conte's way was to tweak within his rigid automations, resulting in the worst of all worlds.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we see players like Son and Kulusevski revitalised when we get a good manager. I think Kulusevski changed his game too in a similar way and it has cost him too. He needs to be getting out wide but cuts in too much which I don’t think suits his game.

Handbrakes off!

I'd love to see Peresic in an attacking capacity at some point before the end of the season. I think he be a lethal finisher in the right set-up...sadly, unlikely we'll see that this season given injuries etc

I'd love to see Peresic in an attacking capacity at some point before the end of the season. I think he be a lethal finisher in the right set-up...sadly, unlikely we'll see that this season given injuries etc
I don’t
There is a reason he needs up at wing back
At international level, where he plays the attacking role the standard is lower than the prem

Kulu has no out ball when he dribbles
The amount of times last season he would pass and move to bentacur after running and creating space has gone with the current midfield

I don’t
There is a reason he needs up at wing back
At international level, where he plays the attacking role the standard is lower than the prem

Does he have the same defensive duties for Croatia though? I don't think he does...

International level might be lower than the Prem but then you'll have a lot of other players who are lauded to also downgrade..

Does he have the same defensive duties for Croatia though? I don't think he does...

International level might be lower than the Prem but then you'll have a lot of other players who are lauded to also downgrade..
No but he still doesn’t have enough for this level anymore to be an attacking threat

Peresic was a terrific player. But his legs have just gone/he made the move to the EPL a couple of years too late.

It was a cheap gamble that failed. The only issue is if we can't offload him this summer/get lumbered with his wages while he pads out the stiffs.

Peresic was a terrific player. But his legs have just gone/he made the move to the EPL a couple of years too late.

It was a cheap gamble that failed. The only issue is if we can't offload him this summer/get lumbered with his wages while he pads out the stiffs.

This, it was a gamble and backing the manager.

I'm sure we will figure out a way for him to move on in summer, he can still do a job in a slower league.

This, it was a gamble and backing the manager.

I'm sure we will figure out a way for him to move on in summer, he can still do a job in a slower league.

Yes, we'll probably end up paying a chunk of his wages. He's reportedly on something like £160k - not many teams are going to get to that level

He's getting no support, well none of the front three are really, but it's very obvious with kulu.

Not sure what we can do to change that, aside from play someone like Devine in order to bring in some creativity from midfield. Without Bentancur, we dont have that type of midfielder

Kulu needs creative players around him. Right now he's getting the ball out wide on his own and everyone is expecting him to beat his man like peak Aaron Lennon which is ridiculous! If we had a possession based team and he had players buzzing around him then it would help him alot more..
Roll on next season

Back