• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Manchester United ***

Pirate55

The Last Man Standing 17/18
This should always be regarded as one of our games of the season regardless of the context. I really want us to put the nightmare of St James Park behind us and show some gumption. United have shown their defence is suspect if pressurised so we simply must do that.

When : Thursday 27th April 20.15 BST
At: The Tottenham Hotspur Stadium

Let's hope for a new (ish) manager bounce with a different approach and formation. For me Kane needs to drop into the no.10 role as we don't have a creative midfielder. Son and Richi must stay up top and pressure defenders. They must on no account ( including defensive corners) come any deeper than the halfway line. We need to attack with a minimum of five players ( two wingbacks, Kane and Son and Richi.). We defend with seven at most - five at the back with Dier stepping forward like in the old days and Holberg and Skipp playing deep protecting the defence.

My team would be:

..........................Forster............................

...........Sanchez......Dier.......Romero

Porro.......Skipp......Holberg.......Davies

....................Kane.....................

...........Son..................Richarliason.......

If Son is found spending any time in our half then he should be immediately subbed off. He can't defend and is totally wasted there. Him and Richi must offer themselves as outballs from the defence and make runs when Kane is on the ball. Porro needs to show himself as an attacking force.

Let's go for this. Nothing to lose.

2-1

COYS

Hopefully Davies and Royal is back for this, if not we need a back 5.

hopefully

forster

Royal romero dier davies

Hoibjerg skipp

Son kulu richarlison

kane

4-1-2-1-2
Forster
Royal—Romer—die—Davies
——————Hojbjerg
Perro——————————Danjuma
———————kulu
————Kane————Son

ZtGE02Xl_o.jpg
make them feel our pain

R6KyR0UI_o.jpg

C. O. Y. S.

It's a strange old universe where I'd feel more confident going in to this game if we were playing Emirates Marketing Project. Dier always has a worldly and even Son looks back to his best against them.

Back 3 or back 4 is an interesting one. Mason had no interest in playing 3 cbs during his first spell, so it'll show the Conte influence if he goes that way. I don't think the idea that the players have forgot how to play in a back four really flys. I'm guessing we're going to have to listen to the "they're wingbacks not fullbacks, so it's expected they're going to make basic mistakes leading to goals conceded" for at least a season and a half whilst we work on another "rebuild" (haphazard lurch in another direction).

DOFs are apparently great for continuity of a footballing direction, unless they get banned from football that is.

No stick aimed at Mason for whatever happens though, our form has been atrocious against top four opposition this season, so anything other than another collapse is a bonus.

I think Mason will want to play a back 4 so in the absence of Royal and given Porro's defensive weakness, he'll pick Tanganga even though he's crap.

So it'll be a very narrow back 4 - almost 4 CBs - and midfield 3 to keep us solid, though rather than Skipp plat as a 10 as against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he'll play where he belongs.

Up top, I think Mason will want to play Richarlison so he'll play left side and Son shoe-horned in on the right.

Therefore from the start I think we'll see:

--------------------------------Forster---------------------------------

-------Tanganga------Romero--------Dier----------Davies---------

---------------------------------Skipp---------------------------------
-----------------Sarr--------------------------PEH--------------------

---------------Son---------------Kane-----------Richarlison-----------

Last edited:
I wouldn’t have him in the team.

Moving forward, I’d put him in charge of the stadium car park, given that his greatest strength is pointing to where he thinks others should go.

One of those fellas on the tarmac at the airport directing the planes.

Though he'd probably get sacked after letting a plane roll past for the umpteenth time and smashing in to the terminal before he remembered it was his responsibility

put Pape Sarr in the middle over PEH alongside Skipp, this is where we're missing the creative spark, need to sell or get rid N'dombele and lo celso to bring one in

if Davies is fit, put him in, but rb I have no idea, maybe tanganga over porro? but if we're attacking then put pedro in, others will have to come in and fill in the space he leaves at the back

give danjuma run out, second half put Sonny on

I think Mason will want to play a back 4 so in the absence of Royal and given Porro's defensive weakness, he'll pick Tanganga even though he's crap.

So it'll be a very narrow back 4 - almost 4 CBs - and midfield 3 to keep us solid, though rather than Skipp plat as a 10 as against Saudi Sportswashing Machine, he'll play where he belongs.

Up top, I think Mason will want to play Richarlison so he'll play left side and Son shoe-horned in on the right.

Therefore from the start I think we'll see:

--------------------------------Forster---------------------------------

-------Tanganga------Romero--------Dier----------Davies---------

---------------------------------Skipp---------------------------------
-----------------Sarr--------------------------PEH--------------------

---------------Son---------------Kane-----------Richarlison-----------

plenty of industry in the midfield but with Tanganga we have no width at all and Sonny/Richy cut inside. Danjuma would be a must with that lineup or we rely on PEH to be that creative spark

Back