• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool FC ***

Have we ever played the 4 of the top 5 form teams in a row anytime in the last 20 years at a time when our form was flagging? And 3 of them away, at that.

The only similarly tricky run of fixtures which springs to mind was at the end of 09/10 but thankfully we had no shortage of CFs back then plus were blessed with options for LWB which Ange can only dream of.

IMG_4203.jpeg

Just watched the MOTD2 highlights. Worth looking again at the build-up to the Liverpool second goal. Keep a particular eye on Bentancur, who is a good example of a player who either doesn’t know what he should be doing, can’t do it, or can’t be arsed - I’m not sure which.

He’s not the only one; but the way he is ambling around doing nothing in particular is embarrassing.

Just watched the MOTD2 highlights. Worth looking again at the build-up to the Liverpool second goal. Keep a particular eye on Bentancur, who is a good example of a player who either doesn’t know what he should be doing, can’t do it, or can’t be arsed - I’m not sure which.

He’s not the only one; but the way he is ambling around doing nothing in particular is embarrassing.
He was jogging
I noticed it last night too
Really really bad and puts my comment about no lack of effort to shame

I’ve no idea whether that’s true or not.

I do know, though, that our squad is thin; that we employed two ‘win now’ managers without giving them the players they felt they needed to ‘win now’; and our books are still littered with players who have failed with us, from Ndombele through to Sessegnon.

We’re still bringing on Bryan Gil in PL games ffs…!

Its info that’s easily available online, for anyone interested in seeking out the facts!

Its info that’s easily available online, for anyone interested in seeking out the facts!
I’m sure it is. The more obvious stuff that I stated let’s me know all I need to, to be honest. The squad is a mess and has been for years, through a succession of managers. Only one constant during that time.

Same for the third goal - Elliott sprints forward to double up on Royal, Bentancur just jogs back aimlessly. And before that Bissouma makes no effort to tackle or get close to the guy who passes the ball to Salah.

I’m sure it is. The more obvious stuff that I stated let’s me know all I need to, to be honest. The squad is a mess and has been for years, through a succession of managers. Only one constant during that time.

That’s fair - I’m just trying to make the point that we have been spending money. I think the issue is that we haven’t been spending it well! (And Gil is playing because we’ve had injuries to Perisic, Solomon and Werner).

The only similarly tricky run of fixtures which springs to mind was at the end of 09/10 but thankfully we had no shortage of CFs back then plus were blessed with options for LWB which Ange can only dream of.

View attachment 17119
We were brilliant at times in that run. Shame we finished with a defeat at Burnley, but, the job had been done. It was a great response after losing the FA cup semi-final IIRC

It's so funny.....I thought our recent hit rate was being lauded?
It’s been very good
Your always gonna have outliers like Gil which was a big gamble
What I still can’t get is why we don’t look at the championship more. Player’s who excel there in a tough league with a LOT of games can step up better imo than youngsters from Spain for example
I’d go big on Archie Gray now with Leeds falling apart

Back