• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Liverpool FC ***

Just seen the reverse angle of the head kick
Swear sky slipped over that quickly on the original coverage
That’s as bad as the one on Skipp last year and that was a red card misses
And Neville saying it’s the follow through… it’s the same then as romeros vs Chelsea
Make it make sense .
For me I'm fine with it not being a pen, he got the ball yayaya but I'm still baffled how Romero could get sent off against Chelsea when he got the fudging ball. Clean, you're right there are some weird double standards going on there.

If you get the ball it shouldn't be a foul and I'm fine with that but be consistent.

Again I don't think it was as bad as the score may indicate. You could see throughout most of the first half and in the last 30 the team try to play Angeball. It just wasn't coming off, which is to be expected. We're still in year 1. But at least the signs were there. We'll need personnel changes and the players to start feeling more comfortable in the system before we get there. It is a process.

He's always been decent when played but he's made of glass, I guess he'd off in the summer to probably makes sense to play players who will be here next season.
I read somewhere we're thinking of offering him a 2 year extension and I'd be all for that. But the fact he can't get more than 15 mins is baffling. He always plays with urgency and keeps us ticking, so I don't understand why he's not getting picked.

For me I'm fine with it not being a pen, he got the ball yayaya but I'm still baffled how Romero could get sent off against Chelsea when he got the fudging ball. Clean, you're right there are some weird double standards going on there.

If you get the ball it shouldn't be a foul and I'm fine with that but be consistent.
That’s my view
It likely fine in real time but slowed down he follows through on his head
He didn’t mean too
Is that a red and or a pen… it is if your Romero

Again I don't think it was as bad as the score may indicate. You could see throughout most of the first half and in the last 30 the team try to play Angeball. It just wasn't coming off, which is to be expected. We're still in year 1. But at least the signs were there. We'll need personnel changes and the players to start feeling more comfortable in the system before we get there. It is a process.
This. All day long. We are in the painful part of the process. There will likely be a culling of many playas in the summer, and then, with luck, we will have strength in depth.

These players and this club lacks any sort of winning mentality. Great teams have that incredible desire to win every game, and if things look to be going south, they adapt to "well, we might not win this, but hell, we ain't fudging gonna lose it!", and that will and determination is clearly visible in those teams.

This team and club is more like "we'll just plod along and see what happens. What happens happens. No need to put any extra effort in."
If that is so, we are well and truly back to the 90's. I'm pretty sure Steffen Iversen said something along those lines in an interview. No real collective desire to win, just to do a job and collect wages. No single superstar or manager can change that if it's ingrained in the club. You could see the hunger and belief in the 16-18,5 team, but when we didn't win anything it looked like it faded away. I'm not saying we're quite there, but a lot of times it looks like we're trying to play some football, not to win matches.

These players and this club lacks any sort of winning mentality. Great teams have that incredible desire to win every game, and if things look to be going south, they adapt to "well, we might not win this, but hell, we ain't fudging gonna lose it!", and that will and determination is clearly visible in those teams.

This team and club is more like "we'll just plod along and see what happens. What happens happens. No need to put any extra effort in."
Isn't that what we did? We make it 4-1 and the players are in a hurry to get the game restarted. They didn't give up, but we're still not at the point where things click, so we're falling short. At least for this game the issue wasn't lack of desire or effort; it was lack of concentration and quality.

This. All day long. We are in the painful part of the process. There will likely be a culling of many playas in the summer, and then, with luck, we will have strength in depth.
My worry is that we will struggle to cull the necessary players. I don’t believe that our board will have the bravery to take the financial hits needed in the way that Arsenal did to back Arteta - and that’s where it will really fall apart, as it always does.

My worry is that we will struggle to cull the necessary players. I don’t believe that our board will have the bravery to take the financial hits needed in the way that Arsenal did to back Arteta - and that’s where it will really fall apart, as it always does.

To be fair our net spend in the five years post-stadium has been 4th biggest in the league, not far behind Arsenal in 3rd and ahead of Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool.

To be fair our net spend in the five years post-stadium has been 4th biggest in the league, not far behind Arsenal in 3rd and ahead of Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool.
I’ve no idea whether that’s true or not.

I do know, though, that our squad is thin; that we employed two ‘win now’ managers without giving them the players they felt they needed to ‘win now’; and our books are still littered with players who have failed with us, from Ndombele through to Sessegnon.

We’re still bringing on Bryan Gil in PL games ffs…!

We have taken quite a few hits that don’t get remembered
Doherty and Aurier spring ti to mind straight away
The players on loan have no value
Arsenal fudged us by actually offering new contracts to players under arteta and him then falling out with them. That was weird

I’ve no idea whether that’s true or not.

I do know, though, that our squad is thin; that we employed two ‘win now’ managers without giving them the players they felt they needed to ‘win now’; and our books are still littered with players who have failed with us, from Ndombele through to Sessegnon.

We’re still bringing on Bryan Gil in PL games ffs…!
Brian Gil is a horrible horrible choice
If we a fan in his kit I’d guess he was the mascot

Back