• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Juventus***

To quote Mr Ballbag on twitter:

Whatever happens #Spurs fans have to so proud of this team. They are doing what they are doing at Juve's ground!!! Those who only praise/celebrate teams that win titles, look away or you might love Spurs tonight

Agree 100%

Can someone post the stats? On BT Sport it said Juve ran a few yards further than Spurs, which is impressive from 2 points of view... the work they put in e.g. Mandzukic playing left wing back and also how much we made them run by dominating.

And they had the top 10 passing percents and Spurs seemed 90+% whereas theirs seemed 50+% but I wasn't really watching at the time

Can someone post the stats? On BT Sport it said Juve ran a few yards further than Spurs, which is impressive from 2 points of view... the work they put in e.g. Mandzukic playing left wing back and also how much we made them run by dominating.

And they had the top 10 passing percents and Spurs seemed 90+% whereas theirs seemed 50+% but I wasn't really watching at the time
These are the only stats you need to focus on, mate!
We were the better side (bar the penalties we stupidly conceded) and will do them in the 2nd leg even if all their absenties will return

Fantastic. We could have panicked at 2-0 down, or let our heads drop. But no, we kept on playing our game, kept the pressure on and gradually started finding our way through.
And we didn’t just claw it back. We won it back. And we were good enough in the end to have won the game.
First 10 minutes aside, that was a performance to be proud of.
Aurier is a worry though. At least we’ll have Trippier back in for the return.

The return leg will be challenging, no doubt about it. But we are proving that we are a team to be reckoned with and are rightly confident in our abilities. That’s down to Poch and his staff for instilling that belief.
Well done all.
Going 2-0 down early away from home in a two-legged tie isn't as terrible as it looks. Because there is really no pressure to win the game, but rather to come away with a result that you can overturn in the home leg. So you have practically the whole game to score a goal, which not only puts you very much in the tie, you come out of the game as the favorite to go through. And that is one of the reasons why I think the team did not panic. That and some super-sized cojones. COYS!!

They didn't have that many players out did they? Barzagli and Matuidi who will likely be back. Dybala is out of the 2nd leg as well.

They didn't have that many players out did they? Barzagli and Matuidi who will likely be back. Dybala is out of the 2nd leg as well.

Well they look like they need firepower and can't settle for a 0-0.

We were BRAVER. We'll beat them at Weimbleborough if there's any justice.

Last edited:
I think with a few changes in personel, we will have a better time. If we can get Rose, Alderweireld and maybe Wanyama fit and firing for the second leg, I'll be quite confident.

Thanks for the last couple of weeks Spurs. You have really put a smile on my face and made me feel proud.

We have just witnessed one of the great memorable European Champions League nights for Spurs away in Europe. Must rank up there with the AC Milan (Crouchie) win and the Madrid 3-4 loss (with Bale's memorable second half hat-trick). To give a top European team a two goal start and then outplay them is just fantastic. A draw is the least we deserved. Two pens and an offside goal. We don't half make life difficult for ourselves sometimes!

Back