• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT*** Tottenham Hotspur v Hull City, Saturday 1st February 15:00

Does Erik Lamela still exist? Am I the only one who harbours faint hopes he might one day play a game for Spurs?

He's even disappeared out of discussions on whose back from injury.

Just wanted to check he is a real person and not just a figment of my imagination. The Argentine bloke, right?

Never heard of him.

How bad is Mousa's injury?

-----------------Lloris-----------------
Walker--Kaboul--Vertonghen--Rose
Lennon--Capoue--Paulinho--Eriksen
----------Soldado--Adebayor--------

Is Sandro is fit, which I don't think he is, chuck him in too.

Bench:
Freidel, Naughton, Bentaleb, Dawson, Defoe, Chadli, Chiriches, Siggy

IF Sandro, Dembele, Lamela, Townsend are out

Does Erik Lamela still exist? Am I the only one who harbours faint hopes he might one day play a game for Spurs?

He's even disappeared out of discussions on whose back from injury.

Just wanted to check he is a real person and not just a figment of my imagination. The Argentine bloke, right?

[tweet]429248890018070528[/tweet]

Amazing but true:

Jan Vertonghen & Younes Kaboul have never played a game together in central defence in the Premier League.

Lets replay the game. 1-0 City, 40 mins to go.

Actually nuts to that. I don't want to play City again until we look like we might be able to actually give them a proper game of football.

Wait till Vertonghen, Sandro, Paulinho and Townsend are fully fit, plus Aguero still out, then ask for a replay at 0-1 = game on \o/

delighted we're playing at 3pm on a saturday *traditionalist*, 2-0 to the tottenham, lots of hugs with huddlestone and our away fans singing to him "you're spurs and u know u are"

This match will be a real test of character for the team and Sherwood. Sherwood will need to prove his worth as a manager in this match. After the humiliating defeat to Emirates Marketing Project, it will be interesting to see how the team responds immediately. The main problem is the team need to recover from the humiliating defeat. That was Sherwood's first loss in the league since taking over as the coach. Let's see if Sherwood has the qualities of a manager to motivate and lift his team after the setback. We have had excellent away results since last season, especially against weak teams. So, there is no reason why we cannot win this match.

We really need to score early to help us settle down in this match. I think the more this match goes without us scoring, the more pressure it will be on the team. Adebayor was very poor against Emirates Marketing Project. Let's hope he decides tp turn up for this match with his goal scoring booth. Wish we can call upon Soldado to help us score the goals. But not sure if Soldado has improved under Sherwood as he has been very poor since joining us. I think we need to score more than 1 goal to win this match since we always concede now. Hope we will find the goals from somewhere. Will be good to see Lamela and Defoe coming on at some stage, if they arel available.

Our midfield were very poor against Emirates Marketing Project. Hope they will bounce back to form in this match. But not sure who will be fit to start as there have been so many news about our injury problems now. Wish we can start Sandro and Dembele in the middle. Surely, we cannot start Bentaleb as he played the full match against Emirates Marketing Project and might be tired now due to his young age. If both Sandro and Dembele not available, then won't mind if we start Eriksen and Capoue there. Eriksen has been in good form lately, scoring 3 goals and assisting 2 in his last 6 league matches. And it was his corner which resulted in Capoue goal against City. Hope Eriksen will continue his good form. Want to see Lennon having a good match as this is the sort of opponents he can hurt with his pace. Can see Hudd being fired up to prove his worth against us. Hope our midfield will not give Hudd too much space to trouble us.

After conceding 5 goals against City, really want to see our defence keep a clean sheet in this match. I think we badly need Vertonghen back as the defence has been conceding easy goals without him. Not sure if we can rely on Dawson-Chiriches partnership anymore as they are too error-prone. Hope Vertonghen will partner either of them from now on. Lloris did well to pull off many crucial saves against City but surely he can improve as well. I think Lloris no need to come out too far every time the opponents are attacking. Hull doesn't have any top strikers, so will be disappointed if we don't keep a clean sheet in this match.

This has to be a must-win match for us as we are facing tough matches against Everton and Saudi Sportswashing Machine next. We cannot afford to drop points in this match as the race for top 4 is very tight now. Hope we will turn up and get the all-important win !

delighted we're playing at 3pm on a saturday *traditionalist*, 2-0 to the tottenham, lots of hugs with huddlestone and our away fans singing to him "you're spurs and u know u are"

Agreed. Really hate those late Sunday matches. I think we are always at a disadvantage when we play late on Sunday after all our rivals have played earlier. Atleast when we play on Saturday, there is less pressure on us as we are playing at the same time as our rivals. Also, from fans point of view, it is always good to play on Saturday and have Sunday to reflect on how we played.

Any official team news yet ?

Wish we can unveil a new signing like we always do every January. Really disappointed we have not signed any new players this time. Atleast hope all our injured key players will be back for this match. Hope we play well but performance is not really important as long we win this match.

I almost fell over realising it's a 3pm ko ! Balance shall be brought back to the universe, we shall win 3-2 after going 3-0 up.

I also almost fell over when I read Roses' s red got rescinded, that almost never happens ! No matter how valid the argument.

Hope to see Pauline and Verts play again. Now what to do with Soldado ?

Shame about Lamela still being out, could have been a good game for him I think.

Hopefully we'll bounce back after the City defeat! :)

Soldado and Ade up front for me, Lennon and Eriksen wide in a wonky.

A win at Hull today would be Tottenham's 7th consecutive away League win.

Our record is 10, set in 1960...

P420_zps3601cbc8.png

Hull play 3-5-2? Serious opponent today. They are no mugs at home. We'll have to play well to get a win here today

Hull play 3-5-2? Serious opponent today. They are no mugs at home. We'll have to play well to get a win here today

They have picked up exactly the same amount of points at home as we have. Would you say we are a good home team (position in the table be darned)?

They have picked up exactly the same amount of points at home as we have. Would you say we are a good home team (position in the table be darned)?

Not really. But doesn't change my statement. They beat Liverpool and have shown some form at home. All I'm saying is we need to be switched on here. Of course we should be winning these games, but not a formality.

Lol I'm a walking book of football cliches here

Back