• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Fulham **

Someone mentioned Conte alluded to there being a bit of rotation this weekend, if so hopefully that means starts for Lenglet, Spence, Bissouma again and Richarlson - though Fulham look decent from what I've seen this season so we have to be careful

“I think at that moment I didn’t want to change the balance of the team. Skippy was the first time with us. He trained with us for only two days, and I wanted to give him the possibility to come on the bench and breath the atmosphere and risk to play because Hojbjerg received a really bad tackle. Then I wanted to make only one change with Richy because in that moment, we needed energy, strong energy.

“In other situations, I prefer to keep the balance in that moment and also because in two (sic) days we have to play against Fulham and for sure I will make rotations. My players know very well, but they are ready, and we are ready to face this many games in a row, in two or three days.”

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...otation-fulham-press-conference-west-ham-draw

As others have mentioned, Fulham is not a gimme, which is why i'd have wanted Son rested/rotated before this one. Richarlison playing vs West Ham would have meant Son would be fresher for this one (and/or Marseille).

However, we are where we are and i think we have to look at the options where there aren't massive drop-offs in quality and use them.

I guess all depends on how fit Romero or Skipp are at this point. Assuming they are i'd go:

Lloris
Romero Dier Davies
Spence Bissouma Skipp Sessegnon
Kulusevski Kane Richarlison

Make subs as needed.

I predict we'll just edge a thriller: 3-2 with all front 3 getting one each.

COYS

“I think at that moment I didn’t want to change the balance of the team. Skippy was the first time with us. He trained with us for only two days, and I wanted to give him the possibility to come on the bench and breath the atmosphere and risk to play because Hojbjerg received a really bad tackle. Then I wanted to make only one change with Richy because in that moment, we needed energy, strong energy.

“In other situations, I prefer to keep the balance in that moment and also because in two (sic) days we have to play against Fulham and for sure I will make rotations. My players know very well, but they are ready, and we are ready to face this many games in a row, in two or three days.”

https://cartilagefreecaptain.sbnati...otation-fulham-press-conference-west-ham-draw

No excuses about lack of options in next few weeks imo. Looking forward how the line-ups work out.

For those putting Spence in their line-ups:

Doherty has to be ahead of Spence in the pecking order!! Spence will play in coca-cola cup etc IMO
Doherty hasn’t been given any minutes bar a few at the end of our first game of the season. Even Spence has been brought on ahead of him since then. For whatever reason it’s not happening with Doherty.

I was about to say, people keep going on about how we bought in exactly who Conte wants and I was wondering how on earth does anyone know that? Because he hasn’t called a press conference and started a melt down about not getting who he wanted? A couple of them maybe were players he really wanted, but we haven’t made any real statement signings or ones considered game changers so I can hardly envisage this batch of signings were his ideal picks. It was a decent window in terms of getting a deeper squad, but Contes aspirations are a lot higher than that….

If Conte gets us top-4 again and decides to stay for next season, then next summer's transfer window should be very interesting with regards to who he brings in, since those should be the final pieces of the puzzle (barring some crazy long-term injury to one of our existing players, like Skipp's from last season).
Also, I know last January was technically Conte's first transfer window so it made sense to bring in players then, but I'm wondering if there's any plans to bring anyone in this coming January, especially with the aftermath of the WC and all that.

I was about to say, people keep going on about how we bought in exactly who Conte wants and I was wondering how on earth does anyone know that? Because he hasn’t called a press conference and started a melt down about not getting who he wanted? A couple of them maybe were players he really wanted, but we haven’t made any real statement signings or ones considered game changers so I can hardly envisage this batch of signings were his ideal picks. It was a decent window in terms of getting a deeper squad, but Contes aspirations are a lot higher than that….

“We're working very well, I'm happy to have this squad, the new players are totally inside the dressing room. We did the right things. But if someone thinks we completed the situation, we are very far from this." - Antonio Conte on the transfer window. @Dan_KP

the tone of Conte sounds about right here, good window but we’re far from finished.

“We're working very well, I'm happy to have this squad, the new players are totally inside the dressing room. We did the right things. But if someone thinks we completed the situation, we are very far from this." - Antonio Conte on the transfer window. @Dan_KP

the tone of Conte sounds about right here, good window but we’re far from finished.

Certainly sounds better than the one posted before above re Spence. I do feel for Spence a little though...no problem with him having to earn his starts or Conte dampening expectations etc, but it's not nice to be almost labelled as an example for the future and not for the now given what it took to get him in.

Back