• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

I've changed my mind for the team I'd pick. As a couple of them may be a bit tired, I think we need to be more solid.

------------lloris
walker---dawson---chiriches---vert
----------sandro----dembele
---townsend----paulinho-----sig
--------------soldado

With Sig drifting in-field, we'll have a lot of bodies in the centre to press and disrupt Everton, and hopefully help retain possession as we have done in most of our games so far this season (even away to Arsenal). Paulinho a bit further forward should help us press and win the ball in Everton's half.

I think that this team would always be in the game and have a chance of winning.

I don't like the idea of Siggy tracking Coleman, or having two central midfielders who played 120 minutes on Wednesday (one of whom has played 90 mins of every league game so far). So I'd rest Paulinho and stick in a rested Holtby, and put in Lennon for Siggy who's better at tracking marauding full-backs and offers a bigger threat on the break.

2012-13

Tottenham Hotspur

25 Lloris
05 Vertonghen Booked
13 Gallas
28 Walker
33 Caulker
02 Dempsey
07 Lennon (Huddlestone - 71' )
30 Sandro
10 Adebayor
18 Defoe Booked
19 Dembele (Sigurdsson - 77' )

Substitutes

24 Friedel
16 Naughton
06 Huddlestone
22 Sigurdsson
27 Falque
29 Livermore
31 Townsend

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/20571828

Kane cannot be left out of the 18 after his great performance and goal.

I don't think the 1st XI is impossible to predict (possibly Paulinho won't start) but again the bench will be interesting.

Lloris

Walker Dawson Chiriches Verts

Townsend Paulinho Sandro Siggy

Soldado

Pretty much every week in the EPL until Rose fit. Add either Eriksen or Holtby.

As Capoue and Sandro reach full fitness then there maybe will be unpredictability ditto Kaboul.

Lloris
Walker..Chiriches..Dawson..Vertonghen
Paulinho..Sandro
Townsend(if inj Lennon)..Eriksen..Sigurdsson
Soldado

Subs. Friedel,Kaboul,Dembele,Holtby,Defoe,Chadli,Lennon(or Kane if AT out)

Possibly might be a place for Vejlkovic on the bench with Rose and Naughton if AVB fancies 2 defenders on the bench

Someone has got to keep Lukaku quiet tomorrow thats for sure. Heart says 1-1, Head says 2-1 to Everton

Do we play Lennon on the left or on the right? We need to be wary of both Baines and Coleman. Given that Townsend will probably start, Lennon will probably be on the left to begin with. With those two positions covered the rest of the team picks itself. Only question left: Dembele or Paulinho to partner Sandro?

THink this has 0-0 written all over it. We're the team with the lowest number of goals (for and against) in our games in the league (14 in 9 games); next lowest are Stoke and Spammers with 16 goals in their games. Not that a point would be a complete disaster though

Would just like to see us show some development in terms of our attacking impotence - we need to move the ball quicker and the wide men plus guy in the no 10 role need to get much closer to Soldado rather than him being isolated all the time

Sandro, Dembele Capoue. Give Paulinho a rest

I feel we need Paulinho breaking between the lines and getting into the box, the other three won't do that. I don't know why Dembele doesn't do it more, it's not exactly a "skill" as such. I hope it's those three, Townsend, Eriksen and Soldado but if I had to predict then I'd say Dembele or Paulinho will be on the bench, Holtby or Eriksen #10 and Lennon/Sigurdsson left.

--------------- Lloris

Walker --- Dawson -- Vlad --- Verts

-------- Sandro ---- Holtby

Townsend --- Eriksen ------- Lennon

------------- Soldado

First reason to smile about today : Saudi Sportswashing Machine - chelski 2-0, more to come :D, sorry for the off topic

Sandro, Dembele Capoue. Give Paulinho a rest

You cant play those three together in midfield. A 3 man midfield needs at least one man, preferably two, who will get up and support the CF. If we play that trio in CM, we're effectively playing for a 0-0

--------------Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Vertonghen
-------------Sandro
---------Eriksen Dembele
Townsend-------------Lennon
-------------Soldado

I'd love to give Dembele a total rest, a total Prem day-off…if Capoue is fit for the bench he's my choice. Love Moussa's muscle, but let's face it, Capoue has it too…I think Moussa could do with the rest myself...

I'd love to give Dembele a total rest, a total Prem day-off…if Capoue is fit for the bench he's my choice. Love Moussa's muscle, but let's face it, Capoue has it too…I think Moussa could do with the rest myself...

True, he does need one. I think Paulinho does as well.

------------Sandro------------

------Holtby-------Eriksen-----

Seems fine to me, that central midfield.

I'd be happy with that central midfield. Very creative but it has immense work rate too. Pace of Townsend on the right, Sigurdsson on the left with Soldado up front feeding from those behind him. It'd show alot of balls too.

Capoue to come on later in the game.

True, he does need one. I think Paulinho does as well.

------------Sandro------------

------Holtby-------Eriksen-----

Seems fine to me, that central midfield.

I think, for me, Holtby gets a bit of the 'headless chicken' in him, and against Everton away I'd be afraid to see that. Eriksen is quality but for this, I'd go with Sig in behind Soldado for sure…he gets a shot off, and I think we're going to need that sort of eye…

Just saw Capoue is notnyet fully fit, so Moussa on the bench then.

I think, for me, Holtby gets a bit of the 'headless chicken' in him, and against Everton away I'd be afraid to see that. Eriksen is quality but for this, I'd go with Sig in behind Soldado for sure…he gets a shot off, and I think we're going to need that sort of eye…

Just saw Capoue is notnyet fully fit, so Moussa on the bench then.

Holtby can be a little...erm, over-enthusiastic at times, but he's also decent in defence, which is key here. When in possession, that central midfield should look like this:

-------------Sandro---------------

----------------------Holtby------
--------Eriksen-------------------

And when not in possession, it should look something like this:

---------Sandro------Holtby-------

----------------Eriksen------------

Now, playing Siggy in Holtby's spot means that he has to be defensive alongside Sandro when we don't have possession. And I'm not sure he can do that effectively.

Back