• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton (Goodison Park, Sun 3rd Nov @ 13:30) ***

if it turns into a battle I think we have the stomach for it!

I Think this will be an excellent test and a decent way to gauge how we are coming along.....by that I mean that ourselves and everton play in a similar way and have similar players.

I wouldn't be surprised if we win 3-0 and this board goes into overload about how we are going to win the title.....of course the other way and our knees a jerkin and we have a meltdown rawk style.

we are gonna see a real performance soon I reckon....one where everything clicks.......but AVB really went for it vs spam and we got embarrassed so I don't think he will go all out any time soon.....not when the noises coming out from the squad is ........patience......we need time.......we need you to believe in us we need your support.

I expect the onus to be on everton.....I think they will have more possession which will force us to play counter attack........and that could play into our hands......

for the record 1-0 is fine by me and a less than spectacular performance wont upset me either if we get the points. we mostly need the peformances at the business end of the season feb/march onwards and when trophies are handed out not now...

-------------Lloris
Kaboul--Chiriches--Dawson--Jan
-----Capoue-----Sandro
Townsend---Eriksen----Siggy
------------Pendado

lets park the bus for this one

lloris

walker---dawson---kaboul---Jan

Vlad---Sandro---Capoue

dembele---Paulie

Bobby (good luck mate)

Have a bad feeling about this - we should play better as the away team, but if they score early then I fear we will really struggle to create chances / scores goals.

I expect us to set up defensively with Sandro a key player for us and likely Dembele partnering him. If Pauly hadnt played 120 mins on Wed I would have checked him in there as well, and I think it is too early to chuck Capoue in right now so maybe a cameo from him. Holtby will get the nod, and he is a busy player so will help defensively but I think we will play more 433, so expect Soldado to get isolated up front. I'd like to see chadli wide left rather than Lennon - Lennie is only really effective wide right, but Andros is the form player so expect him to take that berth.

Will be very interesting to see Townsend vs Baines - key battle going forward.

Defensively, Lukaku is going to be a handful. Daws could well be exposed.

Head says 3-0 Everton, heart would love a 1-0 spurs.

COYS prove me wrong please!

Have a bad feeling about this - we should play better as the away team, but if they score early then I fear we will really struggle to create chances / scores goals.

I expect us to set up defensively with Sandro a key player for us and likely Dembele partnering him. If Pauly hadnt played 120 mins on Wed I would have checked him in there as well, and I think it is too early to chuck Capoue in right now so maybe a cameo from him. Holtby will get the nod, and he is a busy player so will help defensively but I think we will play more 433, so expect Soldado to get isolated up front. I'd like to see chadli wide left rather than Lennon - Lennie is only really effective wide right, but Andros is the form player so expect him to take that berth.

Will be very interesting to see Townsend vs Baines - key battle going forward.

Defensively, Lukaku is going to be a handful. Daws could well be exposed.

Head says 3-0 Everton, heart would love a 1-0 spurs.

COYS prove me wrong please!

Mousa played 120 mins too didn't he?

I would just throw in Capoue. Isn't he supposed to be the fittest guy in the squad? Sod it, Sandro and Capoue for me. Would love to have Kaboul in there but 120 mins the other night might be too much. Lukaku is going to destroy Daws and Chiriches.

Ideally...

---------------------Lloris-----------------------
Walker------Daws----------Kaboul-------Verts
--------Sandro-----Capoue-----Dembele------
----Lennon---------Soldado--------Townsend--

But that won't happen in all honesty.

I actually think i worry more about Dawson than Vlad up against Lukaku.

Dawson is big and strong, but when the opponents wins the duels he will struggle. I'm think Lukaku will win a lot of those duels and that leaves Dawson rather ineffective. Vlad will be much more used to not being quite big and strong enough, picking his moments carefully and perhaps smarter than Dawson. Chiriches also looks considerably better when defending along the ground and one of the real threats with Lukaku is when he starts running with the ball.

I actually also think that Vlad has shown himself fairly smart when defending crosses. Of course for set pieces it will be much better with Dawson in there, although if Vertonghen is also playing and we have Sandro in there we have some options to pick from to mark Lukaku either way.

Scary the way that once you get good every single game becomes must win.
I love that it's not ok to lose away to Arsenal or Everton and that as a club it hurts to drop any points. I remember a time where any points we picked up away from home were just a bonus!

We should at least draw if we have any big expectations for the season. As for the line-up tried to follow any logic AVB might have and didn't get it right the last 3 matches. My guess this time would be :
Lloris
Walker Dawson Chiriches Verts
Paulinho Sandro
Townsend Holtby Siggy
Soldado
Maybe this time i will get it right.

I love that it's not ok to lose away to Arsenal or Everton and that as a club it hurts to drop any points. I remember a time where any points we picked up away from home were just a bonus![/QUOTE]

2000/01 season rings a bell....2 away wins all season (already bettered)

2007/08 wasnt much better either 3 wins on the road.

We finally get good on the road and our home form turns to ****, although I guess we are picking up the points, just.

I'm assuming you don't agree with this definition?

I don't think this is a must win at least. A draw is fine, and it's one of the games we can afford to lose imo.

Maybe "must win" is pushing it a wee bit, but not much.

In each of the last 2 seasons the champions lost 5 games and drew 5. So let's take Arsenal going for the title. If they fail to beat Everton away it means they've used up one of their 10 "dropped points" games. So allowing for the Villa loss they have 8 more games they are allowed drop points in, which is basically their remaining games against the Big 5. In that scenario - assuming dropped points in all those games with no other slip-ups - that makes Everton right on the edge of a must win.

Since we're not competing for the league, this is moot in our case. But for Arsenal or Chelsea who are going for the title they'd want to be beating Everton away.

I'm assuming you don't agree with this definition?

I don't think this is a must win at least. A draw is fine, and it's one of the games we can afford to lose imo.

dont know about that.....out of our more difficult games, weve already lost to Arsanal, drew to Chelscum and lost another London derby to West Spam. A defeat in this game and questions will be asked imo. We should be able to get at least a draw.

Where we are in the standings and the points we have are allowing us to think about any objective really. So to say we are not title challengers, is not correct, at the moment at least. We should not think small as long as we are so close to the leader of the standings.

That lukuka (spelling) fella will rip our defence a new one sadly.

3-1 to them. Our goal will be a long range shot from someone.

Love townsend and want him in the team but think he should cut back on the shooting and do more crossing, of course for that to work we need more support in the opposition box, think Paulinho should play in the hole behind the striker, you can tell he has a good shot on him. I would play eriksen in central midfield with sandro as he looks like he could become a good creator.

if we are to be a big team we have to have a bigger mentality......we have to do everything possible to pull off a win.

Its the pressure of being a big team and trying to plant the fear factor (Beaten in the tunnel) that fergie's man united seem to inflict on so many opponents......we are close to that because of our decent away form but teams still think they can get at us or stop us and rightly so atm.

that's the problem we are in the middle ground of being a force or an unpredictable side. for all the threads on how we cant score we are still right up there......

I don't think too many everton fans will be overly confident....... we beat Cardiff away when Emirates Marketing Project failed.........everton are the only team to beat Chelsea so if we do get a win even if its an uninspiring 1-0 peeps shouldn't forget that.

I think this will be the game of the weekend and I stick my neck out and predict at least 4 goals actually I think someone will take this 3-2 and obviously I hope its us.

Managed to get myself a ticket for this, I can not wait, will be showing my love and support for the team and hopefully we can grab something!

Back