• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Everton FC ***

Maybe it's lethargy. Are we the only ones that get two weeks break followed by two games in three days regularly?

Do people know that it's still a contact sport?

Should we expect teams to leave Vic alone out of kindness or good manners?

Not sure if Mason is on defensive set pieces as well as attacking ones but it's us who has to do something about it.

Flopping around being weak and then gesturing hopefully at the ref isn't a sensible course of action. I don't think we can score enough to factor in almost giving away a goal every time we concede a corner, especially if we're not winning the first header once it's taken.

Another game where Bentancur is giving the ball away more than PEH, I'm obviously glad he's back from injury but still seems super rusty.

As for Richy, I'm going to come across super insufferable if I say my piece on him. It's funny to see the selective amnesia for certain posters who loved laying in to him but he's always had the mentality to turn it around.
Yes it’s a contact sport, but IMO that doesn’t mean you can purposefully back into someone to block them with zero intent of going for the ball. If a striker was running toward a through ball on goal and the defender just ran sideways into his path and jumped in front of him, I’m pretty sure everyone would say it was a foul.

Time for Ange to earn his money. We need another way out from our normal patterns. Better balls to the wide men to pin back their wingers..

Will he change his defensive corner tactics or is he too stubborn?
Difficult for the midfielders when they're under pressure and all the front players start running in behind...

I doubt Ange is micro managing our defensive corner tactics. But yeah, we need to find some solutions. We can complain about the refs all day, but if this is the standard they're referring on we need to deal with it.

If it carries on like this it wont be a repalcement we are looking for it will be a back-up

And those stats they put about 2 goals on his first 32 (which admittedly is and looks poor), but he was playing LW mostly, and either being subbed or was the sub part of the time. Oh, and was carrying an injury for a lot of it.

It’s not really representative.

The thing is, that the only legal way to move shove another player away, is shoulder to shoulder. When the GK raise his arms to collect the ball, you can't go shoulder to shoulder. They're shoving him away with their back/ass and arms. That's a foul every single day.

Going by the lack of intervention by the ref and VAR for today and Friday, it's categorically not a foul.

Harrison is being cute and putting a bit of pressure on him but not holding him.

I guess we'd have to get the current rulebook out to really understand it but I think many are just use to keepers being overly protected. The ref isn't going to change his interpretation of the rule during half time so it's us who has to change something.

what do they think Joe Cole possibly adds to anything

also, they have clearly given him a waterproof mic :D

Never a dull moment watching Spurs these days but we cause our own problems trying the big risk passes. Great when they come off but a big problem when they do not. We will blow them away if we start the second half like we did against Brentford

OK I've been studying every play and watching intently and I simply cannot get over Hojbjerg's awful centre parting. What was he thinking? Did he see Bergvall's hair and get jealous?
Simply unacceptable, he must be benched for that.
His 22/23 cut was much better hey

Back