• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT TOTTENHAM HOTSPUR v Emirates Marketing Project***

Here's a shot just a split second after the pass went. He still looks onside to me. I turned up the contrast so as to easier see the differences in the lines of grass. It looks to me like Sterling is leaning into the patch where Rose is, but Rose looks to play him onside by a decent margin. Either way, if he in fact has his left arm in an offside position (seems like the only viable thing here to me), it's reasonable that the linesman doesn't give it, as it's incredibly marginal. Always give the attacking team the benefit of the doubt etc. I have to say though, even though the perspective makes it a bit difficult, that he just doesn't look offside there (not that it really matters).

Inp7FE7.png

Here's a shot just a split second after the pass went. He still looks onside to me. I turned up the contrast so as to easier see the differences in the lines of grass. It looks to me like Sterling is leaning into the patch where Rose is, but Rose looks to play him onside by a decent margin. Either way, if he in fact has his left arm in an offside position (seems like the only viable thing here to me), it's reasonable that the linesman doesn't give it, as it's incredibly marginal. Always give the attacking team the benefit of the doubt etc. I have to say though, even though the perspective makes it a bit difficult, that he just doesn't look offside there (not that it really matters).

Inp7FE7.png
Yep looks onside. His arm doesn't matter though as it is only parts of the body you can score with that can be offside.

Inp7FE7.png

Good work, detective.

The line through Sterling is drawn in the wrong place. It should be level to where is head or chest is, but he still looks onside or level at worst.

There was a foul before all this on Alli (I think?) which the ref should have called but didn't, and this indirectly led to this chance.

The line through Sterling is drawn in the wrong place. It should be level to where is head or chest is, but he still looks onside or level at worst.

There was a foul before all this on Alli (I think?) which the ref should have called but didn't, and this indirectly led to this chance.

I think the foul was on Wanyama.

You're right, very little has been made of this.

Based on the grass-line being equidistant from the halfway line to the easier-to-see equivalent the other side, the perspective looks close enough to me. He's definitely onside. And yes, I thought that foul (it was on Wanyama) should have been given.

Two things. These lines aren't parallel to the half way line. If you were to draw them exactly parallel then it would be an extremely close call. From the perspective we have in this still it is impossible to tell.
Secondly, it was a clear foul on Wanyama immediately preceding this incident which should have been given.

These lines aren't parallel to the half way line.
Yes they are, look at the grass.

Given how much debate there has been, it is not surprising the linesman gave him the benefit of the doubt, particularly with Aguero ambling back.

Two things. These lines aren't parallel to the half way line. If you were to draw them exactly parallel then it would be an extremely close call. From the perspective we have in this still it is impossible to tell.
Secondly, it was a clear foul on Wanyama immediately preceding this incident which should have been given.

You can see the equivalent grass line the other side all the way to the touchline more easily. Assuming the camera is on the halfway line and the grass lines are indeed parallel with it, then you'd expect every point on the edge of the grass line close to Sterling's feet (red line) to be the same distance away from the halfway line as the easier-to-see equivalent the other side. On my screen, as near as damn-it, that is true, so for me, Sterling is clearly onside. I agree about Wanyama.

Wasn't the foul on Wanyama right before their 2-0 goal?

No it's not disgraceful. It was a clear penalty and the non-call was a game-changer, both for the pen and the red card that should have been issued. If the shoe was on the other foot, we'd be screaming bloody murder. Let's take our Spurs glasses off and look at things a bit more objectively.

OK. Keeping them off, that studs up rake down Walker's shin from an over the top Mane 'challenge' was a straight red for most refs. Right?!

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Harry Winks vs. Emirates Marketing Project:

25 minutes played
100% pass completion
1 chance created
1 tackle won
3 clearances

What we have come to expect from HW, ability and commitment

His composure when he has came in has possibly been under rated by us as he seems to have that ability to come in and change the game in our favour by being calm but keeping the ball moving

The England team is lacking players with a real football brain and I fully expect him to knock on that door soon - which will probably ruin his career to be fair

Frankly I think there were two possible explanations for Sterling not going down...neither being sporting ones. Firstly, he is a diver and he had already dived twice in this game. He may have not wanted to risk going down and the spot kick not being awarded. The second, is the greedy little oink hasn't scored much of late and may have thought this is going into the net, rather than playing for the penalty. Either way, I have no sympathy for him.

Still not sure how we get a point from this game. City absolutely battered us, not to mention the penalty decision and red card for Walker we got away with.

Sometimes you come up against a team who is bang on it, like we were against Chelsea 3 weeks ago. Obviously I was delighted we got something from a game that we had no business getting anything from given how City pulled our pants down, but the performance was disappointing. Our biggest weakness to overcome for me is our weak mentality, we just don't perform well when people start to talk us up as a top team. We were favourites to win on Saturday, even I was thinking before the game that I would not settle for a point.

I believe the title is beyond us, but if we are going to win it, I think we need Chelsea to implode big time or we literally win the title on the last day of the season having not been top for any of the games as I don't believe we would thrive being top of the league, even for 1 game.

Back