• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

Thing is mate, I dipped my toe in twitter land (a mistake of course - I rarely do) and came across loads of twitterati telling the likes of me that I'm 'not real Tottenham' because I want us to win. You know, the old 'I don't understand the rivalry, etc' gonad*s. I find that far far more insulting than any of the possible permutations being concocted.
A lot of people being rather confident about what the right way to think and feel as a fan is. Overly confident imo.

Perfectly understandable to have mixed feelings about this one.

As you say telling other fans that they're not real fans is much worse than whatever way one hopes this game goes.

It is beyond belief any self respecting Spurs fan would want them to lose, any that do want to grow up or go and support a team which reflects their personality.

But why though? If we happen to win then we're basically gifting one of our most hated rivals the league title?
I doubt very much the rivalry is lost on you, so surely you must understand the viewpoint?

I think the majority want to see us go out and give a good game of football, but the same majority would not be too fussed if we happened to lose the game.

As for the CL carrot, I don't think this team is quite ready for it yet and an excursion throughout Europe in the EL would be a better fit for both players and manager. Yes, CL might make us more attractive to players - but CL glory seekers aren't who Ange is looking for.

P.S. Sorry for calling you Shirley

I’ve mulled this over and sadly can’t help but feel the same. Us losing and hopefully they don’t win the league is the better outcome.

We’re not completely ready for the CL anyway and back in Europa is still a good season.

We didn’t lose CL on todays result anyway — the countless brick performances did that.

Let’s just lose gracefully, win our last game and move on.

I want us to win, as in all games, but I understand the fans that don't. With Villa's draw, the chance of CL is low anyhow and we just need a point from the last two games to secure 5th. That could be against Shef Utd. It could be Emirates Marketing Project.

We could play really well, get the three points and really give Villa something to think about on the last day with a tricky match against Palace.

But we are playing a team who are up for their fourth title and absolutely flying whilst we are coming out of a major dip in form with a big injury list. I'd love to beat them and set a real marker for next season's performances.

Let's face it though, it's not fudging likely is it?

I fell hugely conflicted now. I was hoping Villa would have made the CL place a moot point last night (not that I don’t want CL, just it would have made it easier to decide what I want from tonight. Edit - it’s still unlikely I know but not totally off the table).
EL might be better for us from a development point of view but the CL money to help fund the rebuild would make a big difference.

The players are not going to throw the game. I think City will be too good for us anyway. I certainly wont be cheering when City score. I guess I will if we score, but maybe less enthusiastically than would normally be the case.

Why do we have to find ourselves in this position!

Last edited:
I fell hugely conflicted now. I was hoping Villa would have made the CL place a moot point last night (not that I don’t want CL, just it would have made it easier to decide what I want from tonight. Edit - it’s still unlikely I know but not totally off the table).
EL might be better for us from a development point of view but the CL money to help fund the rebuild would make a big difference.

The players are not going to throw the game. I think City will be too good for us anyway. I certainly wont be cheering when City score. I guess I will if we score, but maybe less enthusiastically than would normally be the case.

Luckily there is no right or wrong. I hope we win, but won't shed a tear if we lose. We can look at it as a win-win situation - unless it's a draw. West Ham has proven themselves capable of causing problems, Arsenal winning the league on GD would be horrible.

I'd be more than happy if we put on a good performance, score a couple but let in 4 so we lose graciously

But why though? If we happen to win then we're basically gifting one of our most hated rivals the league title?
I doubt very much the rivalry is lost on you, so surely you must understand the viewpoint?

I think the majority want to see us go out and give a good game of football, but the same majority would not be too fussed if we happened to lose the game.

As for the CL carrot, I don't think this team is quite ready for it yet and an excursion throughout Europe in the EL would be a better fit for both players and manager. Yes, CL might make us more attractive to players - but CL glory seekers aren't who Ange is looking for.

P.S. Sorry for calling you Shirley
Agree. In regards to the CL better quality of players argument, it is way more about wages offered for the most part but the consistent CL participants tend to offer the best wages.

Can someone please highlight all these 'next level' players we were signing when in the CL rather than the likes of Vicario, Udogie, VDV that have when not even in Europe? NDombele? Sanchez? :D....

Fully understand people who are conflicted about this, or even want us to lose. I'd rather guarantee 5th place and have the possibility of grabbing 4th. Much better that than lose both games and end up at best in the Europa Conference, which - sadly - would be the sexy thing to do.

In 1995, when Blackburn managed by Dalglish went to Anfield needing a win to be sure of the title, there was a lot of talk in advance that Liverpool would be happy to lose. Alex Ferguson was loudly predicting this outcome in media interviews beforehand. To their credit, Liverpool stood up and won, and Man U fcuked it up themselves v West Ham. Whatever the outcome I hope we do ourselves proud as a club both on and off the field tonight.

In 1995, when Blackburn managed by Dalglish went to Anfield needing a win to be sure of the title, there was a lot of talk in advance that Liverpool would be happy to lose. Alex Ferguson was loudly predicting this outcome in media interviews beforehand. To their credit, Liverpool stood up and won, and Man U fcuked it up themselves v West Ham. Whatever the outcome I hope we do ourselves proud as a club both on and off the field tonight.
Sad part is that I'm sure the team will give 100% but, let's be honest, there's every chance we could take a hiding given how we play and who we are playing against.

We'll get hammered in the media if we do get beat easily.

I think that’s how most fans feel.

I just posted how I hope we don’t win, but now I’m thinking it would be quite glorious if we got 6 points and pipped Villa - certainly set an amazing tone for next season.

So I’m now back in camp win, and hope Everton can do the business.

Sure I’ll change my mind another 10 times before KO though.

the hilarious thing is that if we lose then people will say we threw the game so scum do not win. People (especially scum fans) are acting like we’re playing sheffield united and we should be winning this game comfortably and anything else would be sus. City are one of the strongest teams in the world and are in form. Us winning should be a suprise and not vice versa. Considering our abysmal form lately we should not be kidding ourselves.

On another note im not sure this squad would be ready for CL football. So i wouldn’t be devastated if we miss out. Europa may be a better fit for us and next season we can claim a top 4 spot ir even win the Europa and claim a spot in the CL

the hilarious thing is that if we lose then people will say we threw the game so scum do not win. People (especially scum fans) are acting like we’re playing sheffield united and we should be winning this game comfortably and anything else would be sus. City are one of the strongest teams in the world and are in form. Us winning should be a suprise and not vice versa. Considering our abysmal form lately we should not be kidding ourselves.

On another note im not sure this squad would be ready for CL football. So i wouldn’t be devastated if we miss out. Europa may be a better fit for us and next season we can claim a top 4 spot ir even win the Europa and claim a spot in the CL

Are there any people who are seriously suggesting we're meant to be winning against one of the best teams in the world who notoriously just crack on and win the games they need to at the end of the season? Our form has been dreadful against top teams and we scraped a win against a near enough relegated Burnley, it's hardly a massive corner we've turned around.

The only thing that goes in our favor is our record against City, but under Ange we've had one loss and one draw. The system probably plays in to City's hands as opposed to the cryptonite that was Conte and Jose's gameplan.

Agreed on your 2nd paragraph though, I've been banging that drum for a while. Let's have a crack at a cup we have a chance of winning whilst improving the squad.

Arsenal fans in the WhatsApp group have never been so eager and chatty for Spurs. Honestly hope we lose tonight. the tinkle it will boil will be better than anything.

Back