• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

No not all and i didn't say or imply that in my post, just that the experience of supporting from afar is different to following in the country/local area - no better no, no worse just different. Surely i don't need to go in to detail about how/why a local rivalry is different for local people than it is to non-locals?
You can feel however you want to. But don't be surprised that people find it strange when it's for something that is at our own team's expense.

Being honest Steff, what makes you think this summer will be any different to others?
I think i've seen this movie before but i'm keen to get your detailed thoughts on why you think things will be very different (this is assuming your reasoning is more than your big positive glass-half-full approach/views)
You have gone full spurs negative fan there IMO
There are many reasons why it could be a great summer
And also many as to why not
We will sign some players
I anticipate that there will be a LOT more due diligence on them
We are using smarter ways to make decisions too
But … it’s buying humans so there is an element of a gamble
We also have a chance to integrate the best youth team we have probably had too
That’s the positive potential
But it can all be reversed
We won’t know, until we know

We have, but one of those massive changes was not replacing the goals of a certain top class striker...
We've scored more goals this year than we did last year and we still have a game to go. This is our 3rd highest scoring campaign in the last 40 years. Scoring goals was not the issue. Having someone who can hold up the ball was.

We've scored more goals this year than we did last year and we still have a game to go. This is our 3rd highest scoring campaign in the last 40 years. Scoring goals was not the issue. Having someone who can hold up the ball was.
Agreed, holding up the ball is a big thing, especially in the system Ange plays (has probably also contributed to the sackful of goals conceded too). Over to the board to rectify

You have gone full spurs negative fan there IMO
There are many reasons why it could be a great summer
And also many as to why not
We will sign some players
I anticipate that there will be a LOT more due diligence on them
We are using smarter ways to make decisions too
But … it’s buying humans so there is an element of a gamble
We also have a chance to integrate the best youth team we have probably had too
That’s the positive potential
But it can all be reversed
We won’t know, until we know

Yeah, perhaps...but as i say, it's a movie i've seen before.

I'll still likely buy a ticket again.....

Our issue this year has been how many we concede, it’s three times what’s acceptable.

I'll tell you why this summer and the next summer, if Ange is still around, will be different: players' character. Because for Ange it's not just about ability, but more importantly about character. Players like Ndombele (a perfect Ange midfielder from a technical perspective), Spence, etc would have never been signed under Ange. Contrast them to Dragusin, VdV, Venom. These are the kind of players we will be signing and they are the ones that will lead us to glory. Get a team full of the determination and bravery of a Dragusin, a Vicario, a VdV, a Romero and this will be a completely different team.

I know mate. We're in agreement.

Anyone catch that Athletic article written by gooner bitch Charlie Eccleshare? Written as only a miserable, whibbling gooner twwaat would have done. Writes these crafty pieces where the goal is to invite Spurs fans to criticize their own club. He'll likely skip covering our season finale at Relegation United so he can hug and hold hands with fellow gooner twwaats as they pray for Waste Ham to conjure a miracle at Schitty.

Won't be missed if he does.

Anyone catch that Athletic article written by gooner bitch Charlie Eccleshare? Written as only a miserable, whibbling gooner twwaat would have done. Writes these crafty pieces where the goal is to invite Spurs fans to criticize their own club. He'll likely skip covering our season finale at Relegation United so he can hug and hold hands with fellow gooner twwaats as they pray for Waste Ham to conjure a miracle at Schitty.

Eccleshare is anything but a gooner. He's probably the most intelligent Spurs journalist out there and makes very good and thoughtful points.

Modern football eh (plus maybe a long stretch without trophies and the excuses/reasons for the barren spell wearing out...)
I'm not saying they are stupid for trying to win, as you say they are professionals not fans, but if they can't understand why some fans wanted the result we got then they are completely detached from what being an actual fan of a team and the game is.

I give them more credit than I think you were initially, I doubt the players themselves were overly concerned by the fan reaction, as I said unless they are stupid they would understand why the fan reaction was as it was.

Couldn’t disagree more, and read the article entirely differently.

Also listened to him on The View From The Lane podcast yesterday, where he was as balanced as ever - and pretty defensive of Ange, full of praise for our play on Tuesday night, as well as how our fans approached the game.

To be fair, gooner or not, I think he still provides some of the most erudite commentary on Spurs and regularly asks the most thoughtful questions in press conferences. Perhaps he has to try that bit harder for being a closet clam.

He is certainly a lot better than many. None of these writers are a patch on the brilliance that was the likes of Kevin McCarra (RIP)...along with David Lacey, he was the absolute best IMO. I spent time with Kevin over a period of time during the Jol years, and I have ton say, he was the nicest guy in his profession (most of them are tossers/get sucked into becoming tossers). These obituaries are great overviews. I think the loss of people like him in the profession has led to its demise/where it is now.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...m-former-guardian-football-correspondent-dies

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...as-not-only-a-great-writer-he-was-a-great-man

Last edited:
Yes, we mainly do, but as i say unique circumstances yesterday meant it was a bit more 'muted' than normal. But as i say ONE game is being amplified as though it's a very regular occurrence and is the reason for some of our woes :rolleyes:
Cheating on your Spouse is just fine, as long as the replacement is absolutely stunning.

I'm not saying they are stupid for trying to win, as you say they are professionals not fans, but if they can't understand why some fans wanted the result we got then they are completely detached from what being an actual fan of a team and the game is.

I give them more credit than I think you were initially, I doubt the players themselves were overly concerned by the fan reaction, as I said unless they are stupid they would understand why the fan reaction was as it was.

I said modern football, not modern footballers lol...

<<I assume that was the reason for your reply to my post...>>

Back