• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project

The vast majority of the people in the stadium did not show any kind of support for us. It was dead silent. No singing until we were 2-0 down. That's as good as supporting the opposition.

How do you think the players felt, playing at home and no one really cheering them on. You think they felt supported?
That’s just not true. There was singing (aside from the anti-Woolwich songs). Certainly sporadic and mainly limited to Being a Yid and Oh When the Spurs”, not as much as would be normal but it was not dead silent and people were up on their feet encouraging the team on when we got close to goal.
There’s been games with less singing and crap atmospheres this season for far less reason.

That’s just not true. There was singing (aside from the anti-Woolwich songs). Certainly sporadic and mainly limited to Being a Yid and Oh When the Spurs”, not as much as would be normal but it was not dead silent and people were up on their feet encouraging the team on when we got close to goal.
There’s been games with less singing and crap atmospheres this season for far less reason.
There's more of an atmosphere when my local team in the 4th tier play, with 700-1000 people than it was yesterday. It was very quiet.

The only thing heard through TV was city fans singing. Not one time did large parts join in on Spurs chants. I heard a few attempts, but they were vague, and died out in seconds.

There's more of an atmosphere when my local team in the 4th tier play, with 700-1000 people than it was yesterday. It was very quiet.

The only thing heard through TV was city fans singing. Not one time did large parts join in on Spurs chants. I heard a few attempts, but they were vague, and died out in seconds.

It wasn't good

- There was a big rendition of "when the Spurs" to start that was loud
- A few smaller yid army shouts in 1st half but got quite flat
- Some big cheers for moments (Vicario's save)
- Went to brick in 2nd half where it was all about "stand up if you hate Arsenal" and once they scored "are you watching Arsenal"
- And people will say small subset, but you had pricks cheering City scoring, City subs, prick in front of me celebrated the penalty being awarded (which is what almost ended in a fight for me), and the vast majority of people if not participating, seemed to have no issue with it ..

I do find it funny when people who weren't at the ground try to tell those that were what the atmosphere was actually like.

I also enjoy seeing foreign fans trying to act high & mighty about how a teams local fanbase should feel regarding local derbies/rivalries.

Last edited:
So why no singing? virtually no audible support. And what you're saying is wrong. Most were not one bit disappointed to see us lose.
The whole thing was just baffling and very disappointing. But Eccleshare has a point in that it's become such a one team show, that relishing in rivals misfortune is probably the only "glory" other teams get.
I genuinely wanted us to win. Did I lose sleep over us losing? Not really. Certainly not as much as I would have done under normal circumstances. I was just relieved it was all over at the end.

Well then what was coming across on your broadcast was not a wholly accurate reflection.
I’m not saying the place was rocking, of course it wasn't. And yes the second half was very flat (not for the first time by any means) with maybe smaller sections trying to get singing going but it wasn’t dead silent throughout and just because people are not especially disappointed we lost it doesn’t mean every one in the stadium wanted us to lose at the time or that everyone was cheering on City through the game.
I went to my seat really unsure what I wanted to be honest but when the game kicked off I found myself wanting us to win.
My husband messaged me at one point saying “can’t you lot just throw in the towel” and my answer was no I want us to win.
But when City scored the second, yes I joined in with their fans asking the Woolwich fans if they were watching. If that irks other fans or p1sses off Ange I don’t particularly care.
It doesn’t mean I am not a good supporter of my team, no matter what labels some want to put on me.

I do find it funny when people who weren't at the ground try to tell those that were what the atmosphere was actually like.

I also enjoy seeing foreign fans trying to act high & mighty about how a teams local fanbase should feel regarding local derbies/rivalries.
@Glenda's Legs is absolutely right. There was singing and I've heard it be that flat at other games this season. Granted, under normal circumstances, the atmosphere would have been better given the importance of the game but does anyone seriously expect that fans are not going to be someway impacted by the circumstances around last night's game? Generally speaking, it muted the atmosphere, no more, no less.

It's funny, I'm seeing a lot today about how this is down to social media and the bantz age, City dominating, Spurs weak mentality. There was an article in The Athletic yesterday about Pompey going to West Brom in 2005 when West Brom were fighting to stay up at the expense of Southampton. Gary O'Neil, who played for Pompey said that they were getting booed by their own fans whenever they attacked or won a tackle and some of their fans said all the Pompey fans were celebrating the West Brom goals that day and, pretty much to a man, they celebrated the defeat. There was nothing like that last night.

You look on West Ham's message board and a lot of their fans are saying the same things we were about Woolwich winning the league.

This isn't unique to Spurs. Yeah you could say that we aspire to be a bigger club than Pompey or West Ham but, at the end of the day, football fans are football fans are football fans. Last night was a very human reaction.

Is this what the fuss is about? Two blokes, out of 62,000? Is there even any evidence that they are Tottenham? There were pockets of City and Woolwich dotted around the stadium last night.

fOeA_Ng_.jpeg

Yeah, I don't know anything about rivalry, because I'm foreign. Rivalry is something that only exists in England.

No one outside has told anyone how it was in the ground, just telling how it sounded for the millions of people watching on telly. And don't try to fool anyone, the lack of support compared to how it normally is, was clear for everyone to see and hear. There's no point denying that.

Last edited:
I think it's a bit unfair to label what happened last night as "small time mentality". Firstly, it was a small/miniscule minority actively supporting City. It was a larger section but still a minority who were supporting us but sang "Are you watching Arsenal" and it was a vast majority who supported us but were conflicted which manifested itself in a muted atmosphere.

Ange is looking at this logically. Fair enough. But, for fans, football is emotional and there is something in most Spurs fans that doesn't want Woolwich to win the league. That would have been true if you dropped Man U and Liverpool into our situation. Can you imagine if Celtic were playing Aberdeen in that situation with Rangers winning the league if Celtic won. What do you think would happen? Or Real Madrid and Barca.

That rivalry is what makes the atmosphere at big games. That's why derbies are a thing. Not just because you want your club to win but because you want your rivals to lose. It's the very essence of football whether he likes it or not. Unfortunately, last night, we got a very unusual manifestation of it because of the circumstances around it. But, like it or not, that wasn't specific to Spurs - it would have been very, very similar for most clubs in our position.
I get the schadenfreude. It's part of the fan experience and I delight in it myself. But not when it runs contrary to my team's interests. Yesterday it did. We had a CL spot to play for, which is incredibly valuable. And even in this occasion it would have maaaybe been OK if we at least had had the occasional success in the past decade, something that ManU, Liverpool, Celtic, Real, Barca all have had. But when you haven't won anything in 16 years, at some point you have to look at that first before looking at what your rivals haven't achieved.

I get the schadenfreude. It's part of the fan experience and I delight in it myself. But not when it runs contrary to my team's interests. Yesterday it did. We had a CL spot to play for, which is incredibly valuable. And even in this occasion it would have maaaybe been OK if we at least had had the occasional success in the past decade, something that ManU, Liverpool, Celtic, Real, Barca all have had. But when you haven't won anything in 16 years, at some point you have to look at that first before looking at what your rivals haven't achieved.
Is getting CL football a sporting achievement of much merit? Not saying I wouldn't have preferred it to EL but it's not something we'll be putting on our list of honours whereas Woolwich could claim they were the side that dethroned the cheaters (which they still might). It'd be a massive trophy for them - back in the big time after 20 years. Their reputation would be bolstered throughout Europe. Allied to that, we were nowhere near in control of our own destiny as far as CL goes.

I think people would have been less conflicted if two wins meant we'd definitely get 4th.

Anyway, let's move on. It was a day best forgotten as quickly as possible. We can no longer claim any moral highground regarding team support, not that we ever did. Time for the next one, and secure Europa league, although that could well be cemented today without us playing. But we should finish the season with a win regardless!

Poor form is poor form, whichever way you look at it. It is a bit worrying that the more time we've had between games the worse we've looked. It's already been said how we had two weeks to prepare for Arsenal's methods but looked so unprepared for their set-pieces despite the world and their dog knowing how they would use them.

I could talk about how many injuries Saudi Sportswashing Machine and Chelsea had in their teams when they played us but i think perhaps the simplest way to show our regression is to show how far back we have to go to find the last time we won a game against a team that was NOT a relegation candidate...
It's Ange's first year. There will be inconsistencies. I mean, it took Pep 3 years to win the league with City. And speaking of teams with injuries, we played Villa and Spam off the park (we did not deserve to lose in either of those games) and drew with City when we were decimated. So I'm not sure that just because a team has injuries it should be an automatic win for us.

Luckily I wasn't there but my son and grandson were there and told me it was horrible. I've found the support very fickle for the last few years, great in some games embarrassing at others. I don't get the pleasure or buzz I use to get through thick and thin over almost 70 years, I would have liked my last season going to have been happier than the it has turned out, I'll be Tottenham till I die but there are too many people at the ground whos behaviour I don't want to be associated with.

Is getting CL football a sporting achievement of much merit? Not saying I wouldn't have preferred it to EL but it's not something we'll be putting on our list of honours whereas Woolwich could claim they were the side that dethroned the cheaters (which they still might). It'd be a massive trophy for them - back in the big time after 20 years. Their reputation would be bolstered throughout Europe. Allied to that, we were nowhere near in control of our own destiny as far as CL goes.

I think people would have been less conflicted if two wins meant we'd definitely get 4th.

neckbeard_large.png

Back