• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

***OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Emirates Marketing Project***

Man of the match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I liken this to the Liverpool home match last year. We deserved fudge all that day and got just that. I'd have had no qualms today either, but I'm not gonna turn my nose up at a point.

Now that the euphoria's settled a bit, we were very lucky, and there would have been no complaints from me if we did end up losing. City were simply far superior to us, on every level.

And that's concerning, tbh. The other members of the top six play their style more against City - at the very least, they can handle the press better. We simply can't - we panic and give the ball away when a City player is within ten yards of a Spurs shirt.

We need to impose ourselves on games - not be scared and hanging on for our dear lives. Having spent what we've spent (and as long as we keep Eriksen), the excuses for not doing so will not last forever.

Hopefully, the return game at the Lane sees us play through their press a bit more, and be more assertive against a team we're supposed to compete with.

We were without so many players though - Vertonghten, Lo Celso, Son, Dele, Sessegnon, Foyth. We've also had a lt of rumoured chcanges this summer and still dont have a settled squad. They were missing Sane and are settled.

I think its difficult to read too much into today. If we can get 8 points from the first 4 games, we're in a great position

Now that the euphoria's settled a bit, we were very lucky, and there would have been no complaints from me if we did end up losing. City were simply far superior to us, on every level.

And that's concerning, tbh. The other members of the top six play their style more against City - at the very least, they can handle the press better. We simply can't - we panic and give the ball away when a City player is within ten yards of a Spurs shirt.

We need to impose ourselves on games - not be scared and hanging on for our dear lives. Having spent what we've spent (and as long as we keep Eriksen), the excuses for not doing so will not last forever.

Hopefully, the return game at the Lane sees us play through their press a bit more, and be more assertive against a team we're supposed to compete with.

Three years ago, we absolutely annihilated City at the Lane. The game finished 2-0, bit we could and should have scored 5. Since then, we've been falling behind, losing control more and more, hanging on by our fingernails each time. And it's not just against City - it's been a general trend.

Hopefully, we use this point as motivation, and begin playing on the front foot more. We need to get that dominance back.
Doesn't help that neither Ndombele nor Lamela looked up to the pace of the game so City easily won the midfield. Eriksen was also really poor. If 3 of our midfield couldn't pass the ball or hold on to it then against City you will not find rhythm.

Last edited:
Just posted something similar, he needs to change his attitude, we are not lucky to be where we are, it’s the result of good planning and hard work, we are one of the best teams in the world, we need to start acting like it.

I think back to the way we celebrated the CL QF and SF wins last season, I don’t want to see that again, celebrate when we win the damn thing, until then the job isn’t done.

I imagine he says one thing to the media and another to the squad.

Just FYI I missed VAR as I turned it over to BBC and captain America as soon as they scored. First button I could press "1". Numpty.

Only to find on WhatsApp spurs chat a few hahahahahas.

At least u lasted the full 90 mins eh...

Lots of people seem to be taking a while to get used to these VAR rules.

It was a straight up law that was applied for the cancelling out of the goal. It doesn’t matter if it was harsh, lucky, unfair, or if they had 30 shots.

If that was in 2 years and we’d seen it all before it would be a shrug of the shoulders and we move on. The fact it’s so early in PL VAR world and Emirates Marketing Project had so many chances seems to be clouding the issue.
This handball rule, and the goalie on the line for pens to me seems to be one of these hated by everyone, made by people who have never played the game, it’s one of these that at the end of the season will be sneakily changed, while the VAR officials will start being more relaxed about it, it’s like a few season ago there were pens left right and centre for the tiniest tug of a shirt, then after 4-6 weeks without any fanfare the rules were drastically relaxed.

I liken this to the Liverpool home match last year. We deserved fudge all that day and got just that. I'd have had no qualms today either, but I'm not gonna turn my nose up at a point.

Whenever we get a result like this it's highlighted how lucky we were yet when the reverse happens it's all about how courageous and brilliantly the opponents defended and performed.

Three years ago, we absolutely annihilated City at the Lane. The game finished 2-0, bit we could and should have scored 5. Since then, we've been falling behind, losing control more and more, hanging on by our fingernails each time. And it's not just against City - it's been a general trend.

Hopefully, we use this point as motivation, and begin playing on the front foot more. We need to get that dominance back.

Agree with most of that, the difference between the two clubs isn’t half as big as we made it look today.

A very good point that shouldn’t hide an embarrassing performance.

Our players were not sufficiently mentally prepared today.

This handball rule, and the goalie on the line for pens to me seems to be one of these hated by everyone, made by people who have never played the game, it’s one of these that at the end of the season will be sneakily changed, while the VAR officials will start being more relaxed about it, it’s like a few season ago there were pens left right and centre for the tiniest tug of a shirt, then after 4-6 weeks without any fanfare the rules were drastically relaxed.
The goalie on the lien one is hard for the keepers as the line is beneath them

The handball one is what it is... and I guarantee it will go against us this season

The Lamela penalty incident was a case of was there a clear and obvious error and to judge that you need real speed which I assume was used

We were without so many players though - Vertonghten, Lo Celso, Son, Dele, Sessegnon, Foyth. We've also had a lt of rumoured chcanges this summer and still dont have a settled squad. They were missing Sane and are settled.

I think its difficult to read too much into today. If we can get 8 points from the first 4 games, we're in a great position

Oh, for sure - like I said, just get the points on the board for now. But some of the players in the side today will be key to our aspirations going forward, and yet they were as outclassed as the rest. That needs to change this season.

Hopefully Sonny, Dele and Verts coming back into the side helps us build some dominance. But we need to do so.

I dunno, people lose their brick whenever a goal goes in off a hand, remember when koscielny scored with his arm season before last, the goal rightly stood but column inches were many.

Well, that should be our toughest away game of the season over with. That we didn't lose must now be taken by players and staff as the positive, and the performance itself the stimulus to do much better.
I give a lot of slack due to KWP and Ndombele not exactly being settled members of the team, and us not having Son, Alli or even Dier available. I wonder how Foyth would have fared on the right up against Sterling.

Back