• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Eintracht Frankfurt **

5? From where? I can't remember a single big opportunity for either side, apart from the shot from Eintracht. Some nearly moments, but not any big opportunities.
A few crosses across the face of the goal we didn't get on the end of, Son had a couple of good chances. Wouldn't say 5, but we definitely should've got a couple

Gil, while frustrating, wasn't so bad. Only had 10 mins. But he summed up our attack - trying too hard to force it too quickly. We often try first time passes to release quick attacks. But what happens most of the time is we lose the ball. Better to be a little more composed and not force a drible or pass that is not on. Take one more touch or pass, then hit the through ball etc. We're constantly just about holding onto possession, and so we don't execute well in attack.

But after the derby, a draw away is not a bad result.

Last edited:
Yes a good game Bruce, end to end for most parts and I actually enjoyed some of our play for once. Final third we were shocking though and extremely frustrating.

We didn't register a shot on goal. They barely did either. The quality was more Championship - hard-working cloggers - than CL.

Really ? We got into a few good areas never worked the keeper. 5 is a stretch . We were crap in the final third .
Romero missed header, Son overhit pass to Kane, Kane shot wide, Son shot wide, Perisic blocked shot that spun out for a corner. And all that in the first half. Obviously if they'd worked the keeper then we could have had 5.

Both sides had about 10-12 shots on goal?? Couple on target. Finishing was poor but there was some good build up play.

Off-target, I don't think we forced a saved, and they barely did either. The Kane deflected shot the only shot that ended up on target that I can recall.

Romero missed header, Son overhit pass to Kane, Kane shot wide, Son shot wide, Perisic blocked shot that spun out for a corner. And all that in the first half. Obviously if they'd worked the keeper then we could have had 5.
If my aunt had a dingdong.... If you count not even hitting the ball, and missed passes as a goal chance, then I agree, we had chances every fudging second of the game.

Nothing on target . should have would have . We are poor in the final third at moment . Son and Kane are not at the races. My only problem is in the final third ,front three looks off .

I actually enjoyed our performance. I thought we at least looked like a team that was trying out there. Tbh, I feel that a draw was a fair result, and bear in mind they are a decent side who won the UEFA cup (or whatever they call it now!) last season.

Lets get a result against Brighton and get some more confidence before next week, beat them at home and we will be in a strong position in the CL then.

Gil should be no where near our first team. Should have been binned off ages ago. Its the Spurs way though keeping hold of players way after their sell by date.

Essentially, we don't have enough quality/form along the back 5 for this system to bear fruit at the moment. If those back 5 are on song, we'd walk that game. Royal with a swinger not really a threat on goal, when a quality player burriers that early chance. Perisic not really on it yet either on the other flank. Langlet, Romero not yet in fluid form or able to step out into midfield. Only Dier looks settled.

This leaves the 2 CMs and Son and Kane with too much to do imo. Especially when we have games in quick succession. More needs to come from that back 5.

Nothing on target . should have would have . We are poor in the final third at moment . Son and Kane are not at the races. My only problem is in the final third ,front three looks off .
Of course you're right.
8 or 9 times out of 10 Kane and Son score those, couldn't believe they went wide especially Son's. Romero definitely should have scored the header. All I'm saying is on another day we score 3 with those chances alone.

If my aunt had a dingdong.... If you count not even hitting the ball, and missed passes as a goal chance, then I agree, we had chances every fudging second of the game.
Well Ian Darke and Hoddle said they were chances so there :p

Gil, while frustrating, wasn't so bad. Only had 10 mins. But he summed up our attack - trying too hard to force it too quickly. We often try first time passes to release quick attacks. But what happens most of the time is we lose the ball. Better to be a little more composed and not force a drible or pass that is not on. Take one more touch or pass, then hit the through ball etc. We're constantly just about holding onto possession, and so we don't execute well in attack.

But after the derby, a draw away is not a bad result.
100% this. We just seem to be trying to transition too quickly and that's not just tonight but pretty much every game this season, how many times has Sonny played an overhit pass this season and the drop off in quality balls from Harry is alarming, they haven't suddenly become crap at those things it has to be something Conte is asking them to do. It just looks so panicked all the time and it's not fun to watch.

Essentially, we don't have enough quality/form along the back 5 for this system to bear fruit at the moment. If those back 5 are on song, we'd walk that game. Royal with a swinger not really a threat on goal, when a quality player burriers that early chance. Perisic not really on it yet either on the other flank. Langlet, Romero not yet in fluid form or able to step out into midfield. Only Dier looks settled.

This leaves the 2 CMs and Son and Kane with too much to do imo. Especially when we have games in quick succession. More needs to come from that back 5.
Nah
The defence was fine today
It was all in weak passing in attack, same as arsenal
I agree they could better and we have seen them play better but the defence isn’t 5here to score the goals
We had chances and again missed passes or skewed shots… that’s not on the defence

Back