• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

*** OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Eintracht Frankfurt **

Unless we can pass properly, the likes of PEH (who DOES chip in with goals) won’t get a sniff. Perisic needs to find those scoring boots. Dier already has a couple of goals this season. Let’s just face the fact that tonight, Kane and Sonny missed sitters. Three by their standards. Harry’s passing was awful tonight too…

Thats the point, we need others to take responsibility too. With games every 3-4 days if we rely on Kane and Son playing well to win, then it’s too much pressure on them. The rest of the side need to be able to do more so we’re not reliant on them. Otherwise teams can shackle them and we’re impotent.

Thats the point, we need others to take responsibility too. With games every 3-4 days if we rely on Kane and Son playing well to win, then it’s too much pressure on them. The rest of the side need to be able to do more so we’re not reliant on them. Otherwise teams can shackle them and we’re impotent.
They haven’t been shackled though
They have just been poor at the basics

Exactly and even when not shackled players will have off games, no player scores every single game regardless. I am truly baffled at the idea that so many seem comfortable to rely on Son and Kane for goals and creation and then just lay the fault solely at their door when we don't win for not making the final pass or finishing. If anything their blunt performances in the last two games lend itself to the theory that we need more than one outlet of threats.

Although what you say is correct all it does is highlight our total, if not exclusive reliance on the front free to 1 - Create and 2 - Score. For me thats not a good enough plan regardless who they are. There needs to be a better creative and goal threat from the other areas be that wide or from CM.

For the level we want to be competing at in eEurope and the league we can't have a plan that is effectively "if they click we win" when thats reliant on only 3 players in the team or 4 in the entire squad

I would be worried if that was the plan going forward, but conte has his system and its not got all the parts it needs to work yet.
There’s still too many make shift parts, once that's sorted we will be ready for properly challenging.
Look at the difference in us since romero, Bentancur and kulu came in.

Exactly and even when not shackled players will have off games, no player scores every single game regardless. I am truly baffled at the idea that so many seem comfortable to rely on Son and Kane for goals and creation and then just lay the fault solely at their door when we don't win for not making the final pass or finishing. If anything their blunt performances in the last two games lend itself to the theory that we need more than one outlet of threats.

And when Dier and Hojgjerg got goals recently it felt like something we’d been working on. Of course if sides know 2 players are a threat they will focus on marshalling them.

Although what you say is correct all it does is highlight our total, if not exclusive reliance on the front free to 1 - Create and 2 - Score. For me thats not a good enough plan regardless who they are. There needs to be a better creative and goal threat from the other areas be that wide or from CM.

For the level we want to be competing at in eEurope and the league we can't have a plan that is effectively "if they click we win" when thats reliant on only 3 players in the team or 4 in the entire squad

The plan is more than if the front three click we win, as shown by the fact we are 3rd in the table with them yet to click - we should actually be pretty happy that we can grind out the sort of results that keep us near the top of the table without our front line playing well, usually we would be way off the pace in this situation.

The front line clicking will potentially take us from a top 4 challenging team to a title challenging team, that's what I'm seeing with performances & results this season so far. The problem i guess is that the games are not very entertaining when the front three are not on it, however we should remember that when they are, it is.

The plan is more than if the front three click we win, as shown by the fact we are 3rd in the table with them yet to click - we should actually be pretty happy that we can grind out the sort of results that keep us near the top of the table without our front line playing well, usually we would be way off the pace in this situation.

The front line clicking will potentially take us from a top 4 challenging team to a title challenging team, that's what I'm seeing with performances & results this season so far. The problem i guess is that the games are not very entertaining when the front three are not on it, however we should remember that when they are, it is.

3rd, eight games into the season. The issue however for us to step up is that we need more than the front three clicking. Our front three are probably the strongest combination in the league when Kulu is in there and that still won't be enough even if they all fire at different times to account for another lull. Where we lack and you compare us against our rivals is that we probably have the weakest set of WBs and CMs who contribute statistically the least. To really push on we need to address that balance and increase he quality

3rd, eight games into the season. The issue however for us to step up is that we need more than the front three clicking. Our front three are probably the strongest combination in the league when Kulu is in there and that still won't be enough even if they all fire at different times to account for another lull. Where we lack and you compare us against our rivals is that we probably have the weakest set of WBs and CMs who contribute statistically the least. To really push on we need to address that balance and increase he quality

Well yeah, in order to challenge properly we need work in the market and the manager is on record saying work in progress, 2/3 windows etc - however right now without our attack performing well as a unit or individually the team as a whole are contributing enough to keep us at the level we want to be, despite the problems you highlight with WB & CM - again is that not a positive that despite the problems in those positions the setup has meant we can still be effective?

despite the problems you highlight with WB & CM - again is that not a positive that despite the problems in those positions the setup has meant we can still be effective?

Well it is but then people need to be realistic on the fact that Son and Kane will have off games, as any player bar Haarland has and not every blunt performance is on them for not notching. Im not saying they are blameless BTW but there is a bigger picture

Spot on mate.

We created chances and got into good areas, got our front players into the kind of situations where they can (and imo should) be able to do business end thing.

There are issues deeper as well. But that's not the main problem right now.

Spot on mate.

We created chances and got into good areas, got our front players into the kind of situations where they can (and imo should) be able to do business end thing.

There are issues deeper as well. But that's not the main problem right now.
We created chances
They wasted them
People claim we aren’t creative but we have shown in the last two games that the midfield can pass to the attack
The wing backs can pass to the attack
The attack is really dysfunctional
When they are playing well we have sonny flying, Kanes guile, kulus control and we now have richys directness. All great attributes, but….

son and Richy can only play left or central
Kane is centre or deeper
Kulu right or centre

The hole on the right now is toxic for the team

We created chances
They wasted them
People claim we aren’t creative but we have shown in the last two games that the midfield can pass to the attack
The wing backs can pass to the attack
The attack is really dysfunctional
When they are playing well we have sonny flying, Kanes guile, kulus control and we now have richys directness. All great attributes, but….

son and Richy can only play left or central
Kane is centre or deeper
Kulu right or centre

The hole on the right now is toxic for the team

Agreed. Not helped by having a lack of attacking quality from RWB.

I think Richarlison can play on the right. But the current lineup isn't a good fit for him playing there.

Would have liked to see Son and Richarlison switch around at times. Don't think that would have fixed the right sided issues, but Richarlison may have done better than Son on the left.

Agreed. Not helped by having a lack of attacking quality from RWB.

I think Richarlison can play on the right. But the current lineup isn't a good fit for him playing there.

Would have liked to see Son and Richarlison switch around at times. Don't think that would have fixed the right sided issues, but Richarlison may have done better than Son on the left.
Possibly.
I’ve watched a lot of Everton as two of my best mates are fans… he never played right there. His game is very reactive and instinctive. When he has time he struggles.
Id go so far to say that we have the least technical Brazilians I’ve ever seen
But it doesn’t make them bad players or unsuited.
richarlison used right, possibly as you suggest could be good and potentially great

Agree with a lot of what has been written here. One thing that really stood out for me was son’s first touch. It was so bad it makes lucas’ first touch resemble cruyff at his peak.

One thing also worth mentioning is conte apparently having next to no faith in our alternative rwb’s and cm’s. He is forced to try someone else out at rwb now but at this rate I do not see him ever starting bissouma or skipp.

How are peh and bentancur going to perform if they are wheeled out every few days until the league cup tie with forest!?

If the alternatives are really struggling to understand the tactics when playing with two cm’s then conte will need to play a game soon with a three of bissouma, skipp and sarr otherwise the starting two will break down and get injured.

Agree with a lot of what has been written here. One thing that really stood out for me was son’s first touch. It was so bad it makes lucas’ first touch resemble cruyff at his peak.

One thing also worth mentioning is conte apparently having next to no faith in our alternative rwb’s and cm’s. He is forced to try someone else out at rwb now but at this rate I do not see him ever starting bissouma or skipp.

How are peh and bentancur going to perform if they are wheeled out every few days until the league cup tie with forest!?

If the alternatives are really struggling to understand the tactics when playing with two cm’s then conte will need to play a game soon with a three of bissouma, skipp and sarr otherwise the starting two will break down and get injured.

It's strange, Have you ever read the articles about Son's dad and his academy. It sounds like a harsh boot camp where the kids work on only the fundamentals all day, every day. They mentioned that the kids are not allowed to play any matches or even practice shooting until the age of 14/15 or something as playing matches is pointless with the perfect touch and technique being nailed down first! Son even tells a story about how he and his brother were made to juggle the ball without stopping for hours on end for example.
Yet... Probably the best part of Sons game is his shooting and his weakest parts are his first touch and his passing!

It's strange, Have you ever read the articles about Son's dad and his academy. It sounds like a harsh boot camp where the kids work on only the fundamentals all day, every day. They mentioned that the kids are not allowed to play any matches or even practice shooting until the age of 14/15 or something as playing matches is pointless with the perfect touch and technique being nailed down first! Son even tells a story about how he and his brother were made to juggle the ball without stopping for hours on end for example.
Yet... Probably the best part of Sons game is his shooting and his weakest parts are his first touch and his passing!
His first touch can be outstanding
But it hasn’t been for a while
Even last year when he was brilliant it wasn’t great
The guys class though and we know will step up soon

Last edited:
Evan Ndicka - weren't we linked to him? Looked pretty strong and mobile. Left footed but looks comfortable with his right too.

Last edited:
Back