• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

OMT - Tottenham Hotspur v Chelsea

Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The battle of the bridge has done wonders for our attitude playing Chelsea.

Indeed. 10 of our starting 11 from that game are still with the club (amazing in itself) so the collective memory will be strong. What's great to see is the way that memory has been channeled into a more controlled aggression, mental fortitude over losing heads. Notwithstanding a few 'firm' challenges of course. They know we are no longer a walkover.

I do wonder if the lack of English players left in their squad is hurting them in these games

They have no history as a club but at least they used to have players that gave a brick

That has changed IMO

And I still can’t fathom how a team that had 3 England starters and one on the bench is the one that has the challenge with the rules around home grown players

I dont think nationality has anything to do with it.

I agree, they clearly dont have players who care - but for example Drogba fudging loved it there and it meant the world to him that they performed and won...

And I still can’t fathom how a team that had 3 England starters and one on the bench is the one that has the challenge with the rules around home grown players

Yea this seems a mystery to me as well, when you think of Rose, Trippier, Davies, KWP, Dier, Winks, Dele and Kane you’d think that’s a pretty decent quota of home grown players there, compared to most other clubs at least. Would love to know how Chelsea or City for example don’t seem to have those issues?

I dont think nationality has anything to do with it.

I agree, they clearly dont have players who care - but for example Drogba fudging loved it there and it meant the world to him that they performed and won...

Drogba was told by terry what it meant to win derbies

At arsenal it was Keown who told the newbie players what it meant

Now those clubs have lost that IMO

Yea this seems a mystery to me as well, when you think of Rose, Trippier, Davies, KWP, Dier, Winks, Dele and Kane you’d think that’s a pretty decent quota of home grown players there, compared to most other clubs at least. Would love to know how Chelsea or City for example don’t seem to have those issues?

Dier and Davies are oreign under the rules yet Fabregas and Christiansen aren’t!!!

Random blog from July:
https://theprideoflondon.com/2018/07/18/chelsea-transfers-homegrown-players/

Jorginho took Chelsea’s only open spot for a non-homegrown player. Chelsea will now have to go one-in, one-out for any non-homegrown transfers, and homegrown Blues have a new advantage.

Along with the remaining players from last year’s squad, Jorginho completed Chelsea’s complement of 17 non-homegrown players. If the Blues bring in Aleksandr Golovin, Daniele Rugani, Allison Becker or just about any other player in their transfer rumour mill, they will need to sell one of their current non-homegrown’s.

This thins the ice under Willian, Pedro and Davide Zappacosta. These players were already at the top of the “to sell” list simply on age, performance and compatibility with Maurizio Sarri’s style. With Jorginho in, they are now blocking the inclusion of any more of Sarri’s targets.

On the other side, the homegrown situation could keep Ross Barkley, Victor Moses and Gary Cahill around long enough to earn their way into Sarri’s squad. If Chelsea were to sell them or any of their other homegrown players, it would not clear the path for one of Sarri’s targets.

The Blues will need to carry their homegrown players for depth, if nothing else. This presents the opportunity to break into Sarri’s XI. It would be yet another chance for Gary Cahill to fight his way back from the edge of oblivion into a starring role for the club. But recent rumours indicate he may be unwilling to settle for the scraps that will remain if Sarri brings in Daniele Rugani and switches to a two-centreback formation.

Ross Barkley could have another attempt to launch at Chelsea. The Blues’ surplus of central midfielders and their needs on the wing could see him make the jump from homegrown depth to homegrown starter. No such luck will likely present itself to Danny Drinkwater, though. And since there is no minimum for the number of homegrown players, Chelsea can still sell him to everyone’s benefit.

Sounds like they are basically in the same boat as us.

Drogba was told by terry what it meant to win derbies

At arsenal it was Keown who told the newbie players what it meant

Now those clubs have lost that IMO

I still dont equate that to nationality.

Drobga was told by the CLUB CAPTAIN, for example. What does Terry being English have to do with it?

I dont disagree - this culture is lacking in their side. They clearly dont have that care in there. I just dont agree its anything to do with English players.

I do....never thought I'd say this, but my dislike for them runs deeper than Arsenal.

Can't bring myself to hate anyone more than Arsenal. Chelsea are a close second. I really don't get it at all when people say they hate Liverpool more. Seems like a rivalry that's been manufactured on GG, RAWK and twitter and certainly doesn't transfer to Liverpool fans I've met in real life or on the pitch when we play them. Compare the animosity on the pitch to when we play Chelsea and it's a totally different animal.

Back